[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is going to highschool extracurricular activities and community

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1481324354654.gif (3MB, 555x312px) Image search: [Google]
1481324354654.gif
3MB, 555x312px
Is going to highschool extracurricular activities and community service really important to colleges/universities?
>>
Depends on the university you want to go to.
>>
File: 1480430096559.gif (230KB, 512x251px) Image search: [Google]
1480430096559.gif
230KB, 512x251px
>>17873075
Well I want to go to Stanford, if not probably go to FSU. I don't understand why they want students to be involved with social events and gatherings. Not all of us are extroverts.
>>
Yes it is. Often times, Your extracurriculars alone are what get you into college. I should know, my grades were all As and I got into Stanford, I know a guy who was a c average and got in just because of football.
>>
>>17873067
You can cheese getting into a Ivy League

Just do some incredulous shit like solo start an org that saves blind transsexual orphans from sex trafficking

10x better than straight A's
>>
>>17873088
>>17873097
Well, I am a Hispanic but I have all A's. So should I even do extracurricular activities?
>>
>>17873111
Yea you still should but you can mostly coast on being a beaner
>>
>>17873067
Life advice time.

Enjoy high school and don't worry about shit and only focus on what interests you.

Then go to a jc or cc and "find yourself" maybe even work a few odd jobs. Then when you're certain, and a bit more mature, go to a 4 year that's cheap for you and live your life in way better shape than everyone else.

Also no debt.
>>
>>17873067
Professor writing here

Yes, things like that do count. Why? Because, although we don't advertise it, one of our concerns in admitting students is creating an interesting, vibrant community for students to live and learn in.

A certain level of grades (depending on the university) is just a starting point. Beyond that, we look for indications of the applicant's personality. The essay, the references, and the out-of-class experiences help us there.

We don't have any formal quotas, but we do recognize the value of a number of nerds to the mix, along with a number of jocks and other 'types'. But mainly we look for interesting kids, and extracurricular things help.

By the way, they don't have to be 'extrovert' things. The applicant who spends three evenings a week alone in the observatory looking for comets or the one who mans a help phone line is as interesting as the social butterfly - maybe more so.
>>
>>17873132
This desu I always just write Hispanic on all school forms so I don't have to try hard a Hispanic C+ is like a white A-
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.