[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips to prevent flatmate destroying/stealing stuff while I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Hi /adv/, I need some tips to secure my room from an untrustworthy flatmate. I have 2 days before I have to go away for a week. My ticket is already bought and it's the holidays, I haven't seen my grandparents for years. I have no excuses not to leave. But I just recently got the fear that my flatmate will mess shit up.
>flatmate is tenant
>about 20 years older than me
>been fighting and yelling a lot to someone in the phone recently
>creeps me the fuck out
>speaks a language I don't understand
>got mad when I mentioned that my LDR boyfriend would visit me for a week ???

Since he is the landlord he has keys to rooms. I have been leaving my electronics in my room (stuff I don't use daily like spare keyboard, drawing tablet, reading tablet) and I'm thinking of bringing it all with me just for safety. The rest of my stuff is clothes that are not fashionable or expensive but still would not want them burned.
>>
>>17872322
Important to mention:
since he has been yelling on the phone he slammed doors, and the screw that keeps my door hinge on has weakened and the nail is sticking out since recently. I'm hoping for things unrelated. He wants the windows to be opened during the day and my old flatmate told me he would go inside her room when she was not there and open them if they were closed.
>>
>>17872322
I meant landlord instead of tenant.
>>
>>17872322
He outright invades your privacy and gets mad about your bf? Id take allll my shit and leave it with family and look for new housing after that, he may be a landlord but you have rights too as a tenant. Run. Also have these fights and phonecalls been more frequent since you mentioned the bf? just curious.
>>
>>17873388
I'm about to, but it's not easy as finals are coming up and I don't know many people with a car who would help me move furniture.
The calls have been weekly or so and I think sometimes he yelled at some girl/woman who was over here too, idk.
>>
>>17872322
take your things, pile in center of room, light on fire.no worries then
>>
Lock on door if you can.
Set up a spycam in your room so if they do fuck with your shit you can nail them with evidence
>>
>>17874463
This. Get a motion sensor camera and hide it. If he comes in your room it will take a picture. Make sure he cant find it. It should only be $20. It doesnt have to be super good, just clear enough for it to clearly be him in your room.
>>
>>17874463
>>17874472
I'm making one out of my old phone; don't have time to order a spy/nannycam and they don't sell things like that in this place.
Also keys don't really do anything since the landlord has copies.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.