[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's up guys I'm a 22 year old male with 1 newborn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 299x168px
What's up guys I'm a 22 year old male with 1 newborn baby girl. I have a great wife. Iv'e always wanted to go to medical school but never had the motivation for it. I was interested in the nursing profession for a while but after talking to a few doctors iv'e been encouraged to persue the MD route. Do you guys think im to old to think about medical school? should i conform to a RN degree like i said I'm 22 with a kid so i don't know if medical school would still be a good idea any thoughts?
>>
>>17871028
Are you in the US?
>>
yes im in the us
>>
>>17871042
Well, do you already have a degree/career?

I think your immediate concern needs to be providing for your daughter, and spending a lot of time with her when you can.
>>
no degree yet im afraid
>>
>>17871049
Well, this is just me, but I think that maybe medical school might have to be put on a shelf for now, considering you'll have to dedicate eight years to it, put your family into debt and miss a lot of time with your daughter.

I really don't mean to quell your dream, but, if it were me, I'd be trying to provide as much stability for my little ray of sunshine as possible, and spend as much time with her as possible in her formative years.

I'm not from the US, but isn't it possible to qualify as a nurse with pre-med required credits? Maybe then you could be a nurse in the interim, and go to med school when your girl is a bit older. Perhaps you could also look into being an EMT, if you really want to be in the medical profession.

This is just an outsider's perspective though, I'm not even from the States, and I don't know your personal circumstances.

Congratulations to you and your wife on your child, by the way. God bless the three of you.
>>
thanks i should have mentioned im currently a CNA. Thank you for your words.
>>
>>17871072
Well, the best of luck with whatever you do.
>>
File: microhepaticasheltie.png (41KB, 150x266px) Image search: [Google]
microhepaticasheltie.png
41KB, 150x266px
>>17871028

If you want to do medicine, then go for it. I'm in a slightly different boat from you, I'm a 27 year old who went back to University three years ago to study veterinary medicine, but I don't have any children. If medicine is what you want to do, then honestly- go for it! We're all going to work until we're ninety at the current rate, so being a few years 'late' to University so to speak isn't a hindered in my eyes.

However, the only thing I would say is that any medicine degree itself is hellish. I'm going to agree with >>17871065 here on thinking about putting it on the shelf. My life for the last three years has consisted of being at University 9-5, 5 days a week, and when I'm not in University I'm either studying/undertaking work experience/working to try and keep my head above financial water. Whilst there is wiggle room to have a social life, certainly having a young child will be a massive weight around your neck without extensive child care. I own two dogs and they limit my opportunities despite having constant doggy-day care available, let alone a child.

There WILL be ways to get through it, I'm a strong believer of where there is a will there is a way. I worked three jobs alongside study when I was applying for University, however it is not easy, and certainly not a schedule I would want to subject on a young child.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.