[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im a compulsive liar. I often tell myself lies of stories that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: T0wM5F7.jpg (100KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
T0wM5F7.jpg
100KB, 800x800px
Im a compulsive liar.
I often tell myself lies of stories that have never happen of stupid everyday things. Like i even caught myself making up a story about how i "accidentally burst open a bottle of bengay". Its so stupid. Im trying to spice up my life with stupid little things. Im afraid im going to implement these lies and remember them as truth. Maybe its some kind of coping mechanism.
But i also pride myself on being truthful to other people.

Advice welcome
>>
Bumping, i have the same problem.
>>
>>17871019
Find out what actually is interesting about you to other people. Oftentimes we're a bit more eccentric than we realize, and getting an outside perspective can really help us to figure that out. I used to have the same problem
>>
Write down your lies.
You can call it "creative writing" and at the same time you'll have a log of untruths to refer to, to separate fact from fiction.
>>
You are unhappy with the truth of your life, in some way. Whether that is because you have a mundane existence, something to hide, or whatever. Your lying to yourself and others is a coping mechanism for some trauma or event that shaped your life significantly.

You value what other people think about you, as if who you are or what you do is not enough. The truth is that most people are boring and ordinary. It takes an interesting person to have an interesting life with interesting stories. Work on that.

BTW most people know you never did half of what you say. If someone was to call you out in public, it could potentially destroy your ego.

My suggestion is to live authentically
>>
>>17871095
I dont lie to other people. I lie to myself.
>>
>>17871090
Im not sure how other people thinking im interesting will help my lying. Not to be arrogant but I already think i have a pretty interesting life.
>>17871093
The lies that i make up are so small and stupid that they're not worth writing down or telling other people. But i do them constantly.
>>
I have this problem as well, OP. I've done my best to control it, but something always slips out. I believe that I just like feeling superior to my friends.
>>
>>17871109
Write them down anyway. It's all in the presentation.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.