[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I look ridiculous? How can I improve my look? What clothes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1234.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1234.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Do I look ridiculous? How can I improve my look? What clothes would work?
>>
You look like your trophy wife stepmother and/or /fa/ picked out your clothes. Wear some normal fucking clothes
>>
>>17870993
Such as? I don't like hoodies.
>>
You look like Quentin/Ozymandias from Watchmen
Buy some good slim fit jeans and flannel or something
>>
>>17870995
Go outside. Look at what a normal guy wears. Wear something similar.
>>
>>17870995
It's the turtleneck paired with the suit. and you badly need a haircut. I'm getting tryhard starving artist vibes. No one takes a dude wearing a turtleneck seriously, unless you're steve jobs.

Just put on a regular black sweater and if your neck is cold get a scarf
>>
Reminds me of Moot.
>>
>>17870999
Suits/blazers worn on a daily basis outside of the workplace are pretty tryhard too
>>
>>17871005
Yeah but it's not that bad and op likes his suits. If op got a nice haircut and wore a suit he'd be a good looking man no homo.

See, if i saw op with a suit no turtlleneck i'd assume he's working or such. But the turtleneck isn't professional with the suit so I'd think he had bad fashion sense if he also had a turtleneck on.
>>
>>17870993
>>17870998
>>17870999
>>17871005
Wow. /adv/ is pretty judgemental.
>>
>>17871008
To me, OP just looks uncomfortable in that suit which is why I think it needs to go. He looks like his parents made him dress up for a fancy dinner party they're having or something. His face is also too young-looking to be able to pull off that suit as everyday wear, it just doesn't look right on him.
>>
You should totally try out a hipsterish/skater look, like cardigans and round glasses, maybe a fohawk and some fake gages
>>
>>17871009
Everyone's judgemental OP. You wanted to know what we thought so here it is
>>
>>17871009
>/adv/ is judgmental
>in a thread where we were asked to be judgmental
It's like you wanted to be offended
>>
>>17870992
You need a secret lair to complete the bond-villain look.
>>
>>17871016
Reminds me more of Hannibal than a Bond villian. That look just screams "I eat people!"
>>
>>17871010
I agree with all you said bro but you gotta let people ease into stuff slowly. Like I dunno if OP's gonna take as kindly to 'all your outfit is bad'...for some reason i'm more offended by the turtleneck than the suit hahaha
>>
>>17871024
I don't think this is an either-or situation, it all needs to go. If he didn't want our honest opinions, he shouldn't have asked us. We're not exactly known to be nice around here.
>>
>>17871014
>>17871015
Also not very perceptive.
>>
Don't pair turtle necks with suits, also blue and purple? seriously?
Colour coordination OP, colour coordination. The jacket is nice, but you'd need something simple under it, maybe a white or black tee or shirt.

Skinny jeans are good, and simple sweaters (light jumpers) +coloured shirts.

If you like suits, go retro. Vintage suits looked much nicer, and a vintage look would suit the whole 'artist' vibe you have going on.

Also, I agree with others; you need a haircut, and to look after said hair.
>>
yes you look rediculous
>>
>>17871015
Being asked your opinion doesn't mean your opinion is not shitty.
>>
>>17871060
Okay OP. The consensus here is that you look terrible, so why bother arguing?
>>
>>17871064
Because the consensus shows that /adv/ is populated by shit people, and i'm not op.

The significance people seem to instil into one type of garment or another is just stupid.
>>
not even OP who was defending himself, kek. I'm OP.

What I'm getting at is whether my look is so terrible looking that people would actually notice, or if it's less serious than that.
>>
>>17870992
>that blazer
>with a turtle neck sweater underneath

It's not really my thing, but I don't think you look bad or anything, just not very stylish.

Generally, the blazer should be darker than what's under it. DON'T do what people in this thread are saying a pair a blazer with t-shirts and jeans. This horrible looking formal/casual combo shit just makes you look like a total idiot. You'll only be impressing idiots by doing it. If you're going to wear a blazer, wear a button-down shirt and slacks with it. The "causal" option is whether you wear a tie or not. The only dark color you should be wearing with that blazer is black, and even then you're pushing it.

I would either get a haircut or use some kind of leave-in conditioner or other product. It's not that it looks bad--you have nice hair--but that's not what's in style. The over flown, full-bodied look only works with a beard, and even then you should be combing/trimming both unless the goal is to look like a bum. Also, don't grow a beard unless it fills in nicely. Having a scraggly, patchy beard is the worst thing a man can do.

>>17871083
>the significance people seem to instill into one type of garment or another is just stupid
>i am an authority an all things intelligent and meaningful because i think so

Eat shit, no one cares if you don't like it. Function is not intrinsically superior to form. Graduate high school and/or grow up a little before you think you've got the world so figured out there, kiddo.
>>
>>17871091
>Graduate high school and/or grow up a little before you think you've got the world so figured out there, kiddo.
Oh, the irony is palpable.
>>
>>17871089
People will notice. The color combination is not good and your hair looks messy. The turtle neck sticks out, and not in a good way.

There are lots of good recommendations in this thread already to help you fix it.
>>
You look like a self-righteous loser ready to spit on the working class, because they can't afford the clothes they made for you.

That going to get your dick sucked, yeah okay, cool, just don't shove the fact you got your dick sucked and managed to find work above us.

Like all us other people who can't afford /fa/ to not look like creeps.

Hell I'll go ahead and say that the FBI's most wanted list had plenty of people who fit your description with that suit.
>>
OP, yes, you look terrible. But don't listen to anything else on this thread, especially the guy that said "garments significance instill whatever". Fuck him. Clothes add to the way you feel. If you look good, you feel good or at least better.

The only smart advice so far is: ditch the turtleneck, get a haircut, stop letting your mum pick out your clothes.

From what I can tell in the photo you like classic looks so to add on that I'd say stick to suits. Slim ones if you can but classic can work too tho a bit of a gamble. Classic suits might make you look a bit older. Anyway, suits are a simple and safe bet. And never ever wear a purple/blue suit. Makes you look 40-ish.

In all honesty, i say stick to simple shit. Cardigans, sweaters, blue/black jeans, checkered shirts. Use mannequins in stores as a general guide.

Don't try to be too trendy, you don't have the fashion sense needed to look trendy or "street". So stick with the classic simple look. It's not hard and usually looks well on most people. And for fucks sake do not try to be a hipster. You look like you're the artsy type that might bend towards that but please don't. All hipsters look fucking retarded, be it art people or not.
>>
>>17870992
You look like fucking Moot
>>
>>17871143
Do I look obviously terrible to everyone, or more to people who are in-tune with fashion?
>>
>>17871156
I think most people, yes. You're not an unattractive guy, you just really need to look after your hair and get a haircut, and stop mixing clashing colours.
>>
File: kek.jpg (31KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
31KB, 454x453px
>mfw I read this thread
>>
>>17871156
Well, you look bad. I used the word terrible but it's not THAT bad. You just look like you have no idea what a fashion sense is, it looks like you copied your dad's look and your mum told you that you look fabulous. But it could be worse. You're not dirty, your clothes don't look old and your hair, although horrible, doesn't look greasy. So there's that at least. But if I planned a night out I would definetely not call you. But if I wanted to get into an underground society of villains and sexual predators then that's a different story.
>>
OP here, what should I ask for at the barber's?
>>
>>17870992
Are you male or female? I honestly can't tell from the photo, and that might be part of your problem.
>>
Straight out of James Bond, except you're that creepy villain.

1. Haircut, get something short
2. If you're going to wear a suit jacket, at least wear a proper shirt
3. Don't cross your arms like that
4. Try to smile
>>
>>17871283

Ask them what they'd recommend, if you're too pussy to do that, then try out a #3 short back and sides, with the fringe left a little long.
>>
>>17871283
Hitler youth cut is generally a good one imo. Only don't ask for that; just search a picture and bring it in.
>>
>>17870992
Tbh you look fine but holy fuck we have a really similar style. I'm always wearing a turtleneck/blazer combo at Uni. Only thing different is that I have shoulder length hair and I'm Asian. Are you wearing smart pants with sneakers too?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.