[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in a great relationship, I love my gf to death, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: slightly-frowning-face.png (45KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
slightly-frowning-face.png
45KB, 256x256px
I'm in a great relationship, I love my gf to death, but I can't seem to stop thinking about my ex. Does that mean I should break up with my gf, or is this normal?

The fucking stupid thing is the the timings - was with my ex for 2 months, and only knew her for that long, got with my current gf pretty much immediately after and have been with her for a year.

On the other hand, I think that makes it even more important - that to have fallen in love with someone so quickly, and to still think of her a year on, means that it really was the real deal? Tbh, it makes no difference in regards to my ex either way, since she broke up with me and now has another bf, but I don't think it's fair to be with my girlfriend if I'm still in love with another woman.

I honestly do love my girlfriend - honestly, I get on with her better than with my ex, she's a much better fit for me, but a fucking year's gone by and I still can't get her out of my head. One thing that I'd never admit to anyone unless it was on an anonymous forum is that sometimes I sort of think my ex is prettier. Should I break up with my gf or is this normal? Is there something I can do to try to get over her? I'm not still in contact with her.

Don't know if this is relevant but in the interest of full disclosure, I cheated on my ex with my current gf, and I have done on my gf, but never anything more than making out. My gf knows, my ex doesn't.
>>
Stay with your girlfriend if you love her, you will get over your ex. Plus, if you did break up with your current, you don't know if your ex will take you back after you cheated on her. Hell, she probably has a boyfriend by now.
>>
>>17870248
Yeah she does I said so lol. I 100% don't think she would take me back, I wouldn't even know how to make contact with her again. That isn't the point though, should I really stay with someone if I'm still in love with my ex, even if I am in love with her also?
>>
How can you say you love any of them if you've cheated on both?
>>
>>17870274
Should've anticipated this one.

It's a self control issue, bullshit excuse, I know, but it's all I've got. Essentially, I go on nights out, get really fucked up, a girl will come up to me and at the time I think "fuck it" and we'll make out. Regret it wholeheartedly immediately after. I know I'm a bad person, and a degenerate, but that doesn't mean I can't love them.
>>
>>17870208
I think this one is up to you dude. Maybe your mind will change, maybe it won't. It's just how well you think you can live in your own mind with those feelings.

If you are actually looking for real relationships though, you need to teach yourself to not be a slut. If you want to just date around its cool but if you actually want something meaningful and committed, you are going down the wrong road. Self control while drinking is all a part of growing up. Even if I get super drunk or high or rarely I'll do LSD, I always make sure I think about my values and not make choices I may regret afterwards.
>>
>>17870208
Oh shit, left out an integral part of the original post. Meant to mention that she was my first, first real love, first proper sexual partner - essentially the first person who I felt cared about me as much as I cared about her. Part of me think's that that is the only reason I keep thinking about her. Can anyone confirm this theory? Do you still think about your first love, despite having someone now that is better for you?
>>
>>17870408
Yeah I guess you're right. My drug of choice is ecstasy, which probably doesn't help; considered quitting but idk, I did it once whilst just drunk so I don't think that's the problem. I'm 19 atm so maybe you're right and it's something I'll get over as I grow up - I hope so anyway.
>>
>>17870411
I cared about my first long term girlfriend for a long time. Then I just thought of her. Now I have to force myself to think of her but honestly that was almost 10 years ago and I know we are not even the same persons anymore.
>>
File: 1480122076771.jpg (280KB, 502x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480122076771.jpg
280KB, 502x600px
>>17870291
>It's a self control issue
nice

ill be usin this for every problem in my life from now on
>>
>>17870426
Thanks anon, this really helps. You don't think a year is too long after only 2 months of knowing her?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.