[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so yesterday i dished my friends, they invited me to hang with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1460231439170.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1460231439170.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
so yesterday i dished my friends, they invited me to hang with them. i was in my way when i realized that i really didn't want that kind of life, the life in which you distract yourself with stupid shit like bbq's and inane chatter, i want to work on myself, be a better person, problem is i don't know if i need friends to do that.
>>
>>17870041

>go to one bbq
>WOW IM BETTER THAN THIS

this is you. you can improve yourself while still enjoying yourself.

you want to be a better person? don't act like you're a better person than your friends just because they like to hang out together.

>dont know if in eed friends to do that

depends on how you want to work on yourself.
>>
>>17870041
What's the point improving yourself if you've got no one to spend that life with? Not that I'm saying you need other people to be happy, but do you really think being a hermit is better than having friends, even if it's just a few?
>>
>>17870041
Cool blog post
>>
>>17870058
i don't think i'm better than them, quite the opposite. it's just that it all feels so comfy and nice, i don't want that i'm afraid i'll become accustomed to it and i'm afraid of stagnation
>>
>>17870085
It isn't like you can't do one or the other. Often people on their deathbed say they wish they spent more time with friends.

Find a goal, go achieve it. Rinse, repeat. You'll hopefully feel better.
>>
>>17870085

you called it inane chatter. there is no way to say that and not think you're above it.
>>
>>17870090
I'm not above them i've never felt like That
>>
Bump because i really Want to know What a bunch of anons have todo say
>>
So you say you don't want to socialize by going out and eating with your friends.
What do you want to do with your friends in order to socialize?
>>
>>17870164
I don't Want to socialize i just Want to develop skills and learn shit
>>
Alright I feel you op

But first you gotta realize that you're not better or worse off by choosing a different path, that's all it is
A different path, they'll all lead the same place, which is the grave

Ok now we can talk about your friends
So ya if you're not feeling like doing the shit they do and would rather do stuff that you feel is more productive with your time, that can help you achieve your desires, then do that. There is no shame in it. Along the way you'll meet people that feel the same way, people that help each other achieve their individual productive pursuits. These will be your new friends. They'll take a while to find but when you do it'll be great
>>
>>17870129

>im not above them
>itsj ust that what they do is pointless and inane :D
>>
>>17870188
Thanks, any tips on How to cut them off? I've never been on the other end
>>
>>17870212
Im no better than them, but i want to be, how is That bad, we've been friends for 5 years and i just realized they havent Grown at all
>>
>>17870231

you say that, but you do think you're better, that you deserve better, that you are capable of better.

you call what they do stupid and inane. you cannot say that without thinking you are above it.

and the truth is you're being pretty stupid and inane. you are equating bbqs and conversation with an inability to grow. that's how dumb you are.

most successful people engage in chit chat and have BBQs / similar gatherings.

if you're stagnant in life you can bet its your fault, not your friends.
>>
>>17870213
Just aim towards your goals and keep yourself busy

That way you don't have to lie when they ask you to hang out, you just say you're busy. Eventually they'll stop hitting you up
>>
>>17870255
Im aware its not them holding me back. I engaged with them in the same shit That i now tire of. I still like them i still respect them. But i can't keep up With them, i can't talk to them bc they find me utterly Boring and viceversa.
>>
>>17870282

>i still respect them
>i just think what they do is stupid and inane :D
>>
>>17870292
>mutually exclusive
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.