[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seeking medical advice. I burned my foot with hot grease yesterday,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 20161218_161557.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161218_161557.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Seeking medical advice. I burned my foot with hot grease yesterday, and the resulting blister has swelled up in size. Most of the internet says to leave the blister until it shrinks, as it protects from bacteria and infection. Could I get away with popping it and keeping it clean? I only ask because it is uncomfortable, painful when I walk, and a real eye sore. Thank you in advanced.
>>
You should like, go to the doctor.
>>
>>17868595
I will if it worsens, but I'd like to avoid it if possible. I have some days off where I won't have to put on any pressure (or shoes).
>>
>>17869075
I hurt my hand a little while ago.

I neglected to go to the doctor because I thought it was no big deal.

Turns out since I waited too long, my hand had healed "incorrectly" and needed expensive surgery to fix.

moral of the story is, you should like, go to the doctor.
>>
>>17869090
Hurt your hand in what way? This is only 2nd degree burn
>>
>>17869090
Also, I won't wait more than 3-4 days. I'll take your advice from there
>>
>>17869122
broken in two places
>>
It not going to be less uncomfortable if you pop it. It's there to protect damaged skin. Popping it would result in direct wear on damaged parts.
>>
>>17869058
lmap pajeet did you get that working in the kitchen for 40 c an hour
>>
>>17869184
Oh yeah, so your experience is totally relatable to OP's problem. Are you retarded?
>>
First of all, put a bit of ice or cold water on it.
If it upsets you much, use a needle (clean it first with alchool) and a thread and pierce it but leave the thread piercing the blister. It stops the blister from increasing. Then, clean it, use a burn cream and put a band aid on it. Repeat this last step til it heals.
>>
>>17869058
damn dog, I prefer to pop my blisters, and that would make it hard to wear shoes and shit so i'd def do it in that case, just use a pin or exacto so to pop the side and drain it, leave the skin intact
>>
>>17869219
Kitchen yes. 10.50 an hour though.
>>
>>17869216
>>17869237
>>17869239
I'll try to live with it for as long as possible. Keeping it clean and having to redress the popped skin may be more than it's worth. Thanks for your input
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.