[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is a conversation with a psychiatrist fully confidential? i want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: mpv-shot0005.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0005.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
is a conversation with a psychiatrist fully confidential? i want to tell her something illegal i did but not if i can get in trouble
>>
They are mandated reporters. You should know by now they are obligated to talk about what you did and if it affected people that drastically.
>>
Depends, what did you do?
>>
>>17868930
i bought a lot of drugs
>>
>>17868941
As long as you aren't a danger to yourself or to others then a psychiatrist should remain confidential. Like say if you had homicidal thoughts or pedo urges then a psychiatrist may have to take action.
>>
>>17868981
but i am danger to myself that's why i wanna tell her because i feel like it's crucial information for my treatment
>>
>>17868986
Are you suicidal?
>>
>>17869000
yes
>>
>>17868981
Even if you did have homicidal thoughts or pedo urges you would also have to make them believe you're a danger to a specific person.

A therapist isn't going to report you for saying "I feel like I want to kill someone" or "I'm attracted to children" but they will if you say "I'm going to kill my coworker tomorrow" or "I'm going to abuse my little sister."

Hell even if you said you've killed someone in the past that can still remain confidential.
>>
>>17869004
There's a difference between saying "i'm suicidal" and saying "I am going to hang myself tonight"
>>
>>17869013
well she already knows i'm suicidal
i wanna tell her i bought some drugs and i might use them impulsively to overdose her to understand my condition so she can give best treatment, but i don't wanna do that if i get raided by police the next day
>>
>>17869030
You will not get raided by the police, at least not for proccessing, his first priority is to ensure your safety and of those around you.

He will do what he thinks is the best for you, not the system.
>>
>>17869030
there is a real possibility that she would intervene at that point.

you would basically be telling her that you have a tentative plan to kill yourself. the way you say it could definitely influence things but with that alone she would be justified reporting you. however she might also not.

there are probably other ways for you to get her to understand you more. just talking about drugs isnt going to get the cops knocking.
>>
If they think your gonna kill yourself theyre going to take you to a psych ward and not let you leave happened to my sister but laws might different this was in florida
>>
>>17869054
they can't do that in my country
>>
OP please state which country you are in.
The laws may differ.
>>
>>17869076
That's dope what country
>>
>>17869132
>>17869151
sweden
>>
>>17869171
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT DID YOU DO? WERE YOUVRACIST TO SOMEONE? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.