[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell do you cope with being deeply weird, just a person

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1404788573574.gif (51KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1404788573574.gif
51KB, 500x376px
How the hell do you cope with being deeply weird, just a person no one wants to be around or communicate with?
>>
>>17868410

'weird' has nothing to do with not wanting people to be around you. contrary to popular belief, the world is not divided between two completely homogenous groups of 'normies who are super popular that everyone likes' and 'weirdos that no one will ever talk to'.

im pretty fucking weird/different/special snowflake or whatever the hell you want to call it.

for the most part i hang out with other odd people. but even 'normies' find me interesting.

if you really are someone no one wants to be around / communicate with, its like a personal flaw. not that you're weird, but that you are bad in some way. i dont know you, what you look like, how you act, or how you eat your cereal so i cannot in good conscious say thats the reason.

a much more likely reason is that you associate relationships with permanence, so when they don't all last forever you assume it means you are horrible, even though all the normies are in temporary relationships too. this may also be coupled with you being more introverted and assuming everyone else is like you but somehow makes friends when they just go outside and socialize more than you do.

you also may like self victimization where convincing yourself that no one in the world could like you makmes you feel special. it makes you that tragic anime character who is actually REALLY NICE but hes just 'weird' and weird is not bad, its just misunderstood, so really hes just tragically unique and no one can understand them and its not fair :^)

but again, we dont know you.
>>
File: 01.19.55-01.32.45-01.35.45.jpg (239KB, 528x891px) Image search: [Google]
01.19.55-01.32.45-01.35.45.jpg
239KB, 528x891px
>>17868410
I just dont get lonely from being alone, contrary to generalisations made by anime girls might have made you think
>>
>>17868410
>just a person no one wants to be around or communicate with?

Why is that? "Weird" is not specific enough. Why do you think people avoid you?
>>
>>17868454

im just a little quirky and odd. I like to eat dessert before dinner, and watch super hero movies.
>>
>>17868454
I know I'm not just quirky, I'm kind of an asshole, I have a terrible temper sometimes, I do things that are apparently really rude and I have no idea I'm doing them. I'm kind of pretentious. I don't man I just have a horrible personality, I'm asking how can I be this type of person? I think getting abused as a kid fucked me up in the head, and supposedly my mom did meth with me in the womb. I tell myself that's why I'm weird (weird for lack of a better word.)
>>
>>17868475
oh and I guess I get the pressure to talk too much or say weird things in social situations, when it would be better to just keep my mouth shut although I'm getting way better at just staying quiet. I have a bizarre and unsettling sense of humor that throws people off. There's this underlying arrogance to it all that I realize now is a way to cope (I'm actually better than everyone else that's why they dislike me, retarded middle school attitude I'm seeing this now.)
>>
>>17868475

Then you know why people don't like you. Whether you want to learn to be alone forever or you want to change, it's a process. Some introspection and outside help (psychiatrist, probably) would be the best course of action.
>>
>>17868490
I'm seeing a psychiatrist tomorrow. its just like can I change? Will I always be this person? Is my DNA just 'bad'? I like to think I'm genetically ok (I look ok I guess, people say I'm smart) but there's this like huge disconnect between how I see myself and how other people see me. It makes me suicidal and I don't wanna die that's why I'm seeing a psych
>>
>>17868499
>Is my DNA just 'bad'?

No, it's not. No one is naturally "good" or "bad". the fact that you were seeking help is a good sign, because changing by yourself is really hard. But change is possible. Just don't give up, ok?
>>
"Weird"
If everyone is different how are you "weird?"
>>
>>17868410
You either grow up and stop being 12 or just distract yourself from it best you can until you break and either embrace it or kill yourself.
>>
>>17868410
online communitys

The people (most of them anyways) you deal with in day to day life are living a lie.

The fact that you dont fit in with them is a good sign.

Work on your acting abilitys.
Become a point of interest.

I like you anon if that helps any?
>>
>>17868472
>>17868475
>>17868499

I think you have to approach this thinking about the long term. It's quite easy to think too much and build your own story as to why you're "so weird" that "no one wants to talk to me" and it's "something that will never change".

You actually have a large amount of control over yourself, the only trouble is that it takes us a long time to change, especially regarding emotions. Most mental health professionals will say something to this effect, it's quite easy to change something in your physical life, but it will take some time to adjust emotionally. This is why it takes a while to 'settle in' to a new house, and why exercise after 2 years of doing so feels better than after 2 weeks of doing so.

I'm an artist which means that normally in group situations, I'll do something that's perceived as 'weird' or 'odd', some people act like I'm on drugs but others really embrace it. You just have to remember that some people are really uncomfortable with things outside of their comfort zone, while others embrace it. It's kind of a favour to you, because you don't need to waste time on people that are stupid (or 'not your type' for a more diplomatic alternative).

You will learn to embrace this in time, remind yourself that this is a long process. In 10 years you'll feel incredibly different, so trust yourself and think a bit less.
>>
File: b0c.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
b0c.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>>17868410
Mostly experience and common sense. Weirdness is relative. I'm very excited when I find someone sharing my interests, as similar people tend to walk similar paths and often have a lot in common, so even the "weirdest weirdos" find someone they can share their life with. Internet is great in that aspect, one can see and compare oneself with all sorts of people. Feelings about noticing differences of own individuality is same for billions of people on this planet, and it was like that through whole human history. Unique, not weird. Weird is word reserved for extremes, and chances of one being someone totally weird and awful are close to 0%. Even if you hit that unlucky 0.0001% you can always rationalize that it's your genes and there's little you can do about it. Oh and let me add, loneliness is normal, having no friends is normal, suffering about it too, is within the normality, and there's not a single weird person in this thread.
>>
>>17868410
I execute the things I have so say so clearly and calmly yet sometimes people just look at me like they dont know how to respond. Maybe I am weird, I dont know, I'm just me and I deal with it by being confident in myself because I work hard and have good morals. whats weird about that?

There are some pretty 'weird' things going on elsewhere in the rest of, much reflected on the other parts of this website and if some of the things I've seen are 'normal' then hell, i dont want to be normal.

what is normal? A highly successful member of society who is also a paedophile, is he normal? A politician thats only interested in lining his own pocket, is he normal? A husband who beats his wife of 14 years, is that normal? tell me whats normal. Maybe, you dont fit into certain social events, like me but as long as you mean well, whos to criticise you?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.