[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's assume I'm a beta. Going to start college soon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

File: d3c36chs3ejm5ayhrxzl.jpg (547KB, 283x424px) Image search: [Google]
d3c36chs3ejm5ayhrxzl.jpg
547KB, 283x424px
Let's assume I'm a beta.
Going to start college soon.

What would happen if I decide to start approaching any random girl on the college and start talking to them.

Will this give me confidence after a while?

Experience is experience, right?
>>
what would happen? you would meet more women.
if you want them to suck your dick you need to pay them first
>>
Unless you're a really good talker, you'll become the creeper who chase every random girl in the campus

Male friendships instead, pick a few girls (five or so would do) and focus in talking to them. Don't have to build a life long friendship to any of them, just do small talk with each of them, and use what you learn with one on the other four

You're better practicing in dept talking than just approaching, which will leave you in the dark about the next steps
>>
Yea but you have to do it everyday and not beat yourself up if some girl is like "get the fuck away from me creep"
It's like a video game, you can't lose exp points
>>
>>17867936
>Let's assume I'm a beta.
>Going to start college soon.

You going to college? Then you'll hear this phrase a lot: Define your terms.

What is a "beta" to you? What is your problem? Tell us what are you talking about exactly, basically.
>>
>>17867952
how do you expect to become a good talker without experience, huh?

>>17867954
yeah, that's called the fear of reject, right?
>>
>>17867952
>Unless you're a really good talker, you'll become the creeper who chase every random girl in the campus

this. i know of loads of guys that chase after every girl and everyone knows them as that weird guys. just make friends op, and speak to the odd girl every so often.
>>
>>17867958
I used to suffer from social anxiety in high school, then I forced myselft to talk to people, solved that, I can simply chit chat easily.
Now I need experience talking to girls, I did something extremelly beta: made a fake facebook account and started to add all girls from facebook, like 80% never replied, but in the end got like three new female friends from my city, from like 100 female friends in that fake account.
I would say, it help me in some sense, even if it was virtual.

Is all in the mind.
>>
>>17867970

So your plan is to replicate a plan that depends on the anonymity being online offers, but in real life?

Listen to the other Anons, you'll be burning your real life identity and become know as the "creepy guy".

Here's a secret: You only need to play the "numbers game" if you are superficial and think girls are interchangeable. Go out, make friends, meet girls and you'll find some that not only YOU like, but they might like you back. Then you'll have a higher success rate, be less frustrated, and have more fun.
>>
>>17867984
my goal is not try to pick up then without experience, simply trying to gain female friends at first.

plus I can chit chat fine, dunno if that will make me look like a creep.
>>
>>17867989
>my goal is not try to pick up then without experience

The problem here is not the experience, it's the lack of standards. You want to talk to "girls" as if they were all the same. That's why, even if you "can chit chat fine", you'll come off as a creep.
>>
He ain't gon burn his reali life identity by talking to girls holy fuck
Do you guys actually live in towns smaller than your dicks
No one cares
>>
>>17867959
Exaclty. You're not. So don't act like one.

Just starting conversations with all the randoms you see without being able to keep them going being interesting will make your inexperience evident to everyone, which will lead to all the perceptions you'd like to avoid.

Be open to conversations, do small talk on lines, but don't insist in approaching everyone. Like I said, you're better off approaching a few women and trying to check on them, keeping in touch, it's way more useful as a practice. Make sure they don't know each other so that screwing up with one won't spill on the other(s)
>>
>>17867999
yeah, I know, but most girls don't give a fuck.
as long as you gain experience quickly and learn from mistakes it'll be ok I think.

most girls will simply continue with their lives and most will forget about it.

>>17868004
what's wrong with being honest and telling girls you're a very social person and enjoy meeting new people?
>>
>>17867936
>Let's assume I'm a beta

Stopped reading post right there. This beta/alpha shit is getting old. It's just an excuse for little faggot punk kids to step on one another. Seriously, whoever spread the alpha/beta idea on the internet needs to consider suicide.
>>
>>17868008
>most girls will simply continue with their lives and most will forget about it.

So you are saying: "I know I'll come off as a creep, I'm just betting on word not spread about it"?

Great plan! (This is sarcasm)
>>
>>17868008

It will come out fake as fuck, because despite your claim, your spaghetti will probably show in your pockets

In the Op you state that you need to build up confidence and experience. This imply you don't have enough. Saying you're someone you're not isn't good.
>>
>>17868027
I don't spill spaghetti faggot.

Simply because I lack lots of experience talking to girls doesn't mean I've not forced myselft to socialize with other people.

I do enjoy talking to new people and can pull some basic rapport with people.
>>
>>17868109
Ok, you want validation instead of advice

So move on. Talk to every single girl you come across. Be the tryhard you want to be. You sure will do tons of success, which you never did in HS, but college, yeah, that'll set you right
>>
>>17868123
No, I already understood that shit, I meet one single guy who is extremelly social in my neightboorhood and he doesn't come as creep and he knows a lot of girls.

I'm not some beta r9k loser, I have some social experience, I even lost my social anxiety.

I'm sure you think I'm some extremelly beta retard with severe social anxiety.
>>
>>17868134

You said we should imagine you as a "beta", though. Don't be mad when we do.

Also, you admitted to making a fake FB account to talk to every single girl you could until a few payed attention to you. So yeah, we can tell you are not all there yet.
>>
>>17868144
I know bro, I'm trying to improve.

yeah, it came as desperate shit, but It helped in some sense.

thanks to doing that I lost my fear, even if in some bit.

that helped a little and made me confident with myself.
>>
>>17868153
>that helped a little and made me confident with myself.

Not confident enough to stop calling yourself a "beta", it seems. Or confident enough to try new ways of approaching people when you know the current one comes of as thirsty and desperate.

Your self-image seems to fluctuate a lot here.
>>
>>17868182
is a meme, no need to try to explain my past life if I can simply use a meme.

I've tried to overcome this since some years ago.
>>
>>17868153
Then again... if you think you're doing so well by yourself, remind us why you came here for advice?

This guy from your neighborhood is probably a natural. "Being social" is the result of summed characteristics that make people get acquaintance with you more easily.

You don't just step out of the basement one day and say "I'm gonna be social today" and simply start talking to people on the street. It's a skill that you work on or is a natural on, it's not a binary options you set to true one day and move on with.

I mean, kudos that you're working on it and feeling well, but from your post you're a 4/10 on sociability, when you'd need a 7-8/10 to simply start talking to randoms in uni. Hold your horses and move on slowly to avoid losing your confidence progress.
>>
>>17868195
bro, I know I still suck, but how do you expect me to gain experience if not approaching new people?

better risk everything and learn than live all my life as some sperg.
>>
>>17868195
Lol even if he spergs out and drops spaghetti everywhere the first 5 times approaching, he's going to get better faster going up to randoms than playing it safe

Who the fuck cares what happens as long as you get closer to your goal
>>
>>17868193
>I've tried to overcome this since some years ago.

So have you? Or not?

Again, you seem to change that idea in every message. Sometimes you are not a sperg anymore, sometimes you still are. What gives?
>>
>>17868226
yeah, I'm still in the process, you'll never know when you stop being a sperg?

do you stop being a sperg when you can make friends, meet new people, get a gf, have a harem?

where do you stop the sperg and not being one line?
>>
>>17868233
Truly the greatest philosophical question of our times
>>
>>17868233

I don't know. You are the one using the word "beta". For me labels like that are bullshit. you tell me where the limit is.
>>
>>17867936

yes it would. cuz you'd realize there are no real consequences to approaching women. you wont get confidencei n yourself and start believing your magically a handsome alpha chad man.

you would have confidence in the fact that this isn't highschool and going up and talking to people, while awkward, is fun, and even if they arent into you its not cuz you failed some arbitrary test, its cuz they just arent interested. there is nothing wrong with that.

good luck breh
>>
>>17867936
Well, I know a guy who was sort of like that freshman year. He got lucky a couple of times with some drunk girls, and he ended up getting a long term gf that he's happy with, but he lost a lot of friends in the process and every girl I know that knows him remembers him as the creepy guy that tried to hit on them within like five minutes of meeting them.
>>
>>17868242
yeah, I called also myself a taco, a beaner, a brown manlet?

Do you feel triggered by fucking 4chan memes?

>>17868241
yeah, I do think the risk is worth it.
>>
>>17868256
>Do you feel triggered by fucking 4chan memes?

I love how those that use the word "trigger" just love buzzwords and labels. It's like they are the ones that put too much power on words.
>>
>>17868318
I know they're just memes, they're not real.
>>
>>17868201

I never said you shouldn't. I said you should refrain from doing it too much before you know what you're doing. Try with a few girls until you're either friends or lose touch, learn from it, then try with a few more. Just don't over do it.

>>17868208
Word of mouth runs fast in college. Spill spaghetti with one girl, unknowingly approach her friend, they'll connect the dots and realize op is the spaghetti guy

And that's exponential
>>
>>17868322
>I'm not some beta r9k loser, I have some social experience, I even lost my social anxiety.

>I'm sure you think I'm some extremelly beta retard with severe social anxiety.

You were the one triggered by words here.
>>
>>17868328
Then just approach girls outside of college
>>
>>17868328
I know, I'll try to hit girls on the college clubs, you know the places where girls gather, I do have a lot of interest and hobbies and could fake to be interested in the club activities.

>>17868340
>being triggered over memes
>>
>>17868346
Sure, but that's not what's in the op
>>
>>17868354
You actually get involved with the group or else anyone will instantly spot your fakeness.
You wouldn't want a fake friend right?
>>
>>17868366
>fake friends
here's that word.

I'm not a sociopath, retard.

I already told you faggots.
I was extremelly shy in high school, then I decided to stop being shy and worked hard to overcome it, and now I enjoy socializing.

I'm still a little rough at the edges, but much better than what I was.
>>
>>17867936
>beta

If you are beta you need baby steps because women will shit on you if you make any sexual advancement on them. They only want betas after they are 30 so they can divorce you for your money. Young girls want to have fun with the alpha bad boys first so you need to build up to that. The biggest assholes that i know have the most success with women while all the nice guys finish last.
>>
>>17868427
yeah, that's called experience I think.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.