[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I'm in a really dark place and didn't sleep a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1450300143782.jpg (81KB, 736x719px) Image search: [Google]
1450300143782.jpg
81KB, 736x719px
Guys, I'm in a really dark place and didn't sleep a wink last night.

So yesterday, a girl I had unprotected sex with almost three years ago got in contact with me and told me she was diagnosed HIV postive last year. Says the doctors can't say exactly when.

I have been beside myself since she told me. I got tested after having sex with her at the time (2-4 weeks after) and was given the all clear by the doctor. I never had any of the 'flu-like' symptoms you are supposed to get after being infected either. In addition, I have only been really sick once the past three years (just a flu that last about 1-2 weeks, 1.5 years after exposure).

Nonetheless, I've convinced myself I have it. About two months ago, I got blood tests back from the doctor, said that my white blood cell count was either too high or too low. I wasn't really listening because he said its an anomaly that can happen after a viral infection and told me to get another test. I never did.

So I'm getting one this week from my STI clinic. But I'm shaking with anxiety until I go get it.

Just some words of advice or support would be great. I currently feel that if I got it I would have to anhero. Telling my family, friends, girlfriend, ex-girlfriends, work. It would just be too much.

Pic unrelated

Tl;Dr: Think I dun got the AIDS, halp
>>
Get tested and get piece of mind. There are many treatments these days that help make AIDS/HIV sufferers lead relatively normal lives.
>>
>>17867579
Thanks, I've got my test arranged. I think I can handle having to take the medication. It's more the social stigma around it. Having to tell loved ones. My girlfriend might leave me over it. It's just too much.
>>
>>17867563
Hey man, I get hypochondria too. Is other stuff happening in your life to make you stressed? Often it's related. Just rest, try to distract yourself and try to relax. If it was 3 years ago, and you've had no symptoms AND had a test already, it's probably okay.

And whatever you do, don't google.
>>
>>17867586
Thanks for your words, they have helped calm me down. I just started a new job so it's been a pretty stressful transition.

I think it's too late to follow your second piece of advice. All this stuff I'm reading about it being able to lie dormant in your system for a decade.

It just kills me to think of the consequences of one drunk, horny night as a freshman all those years ago.
>>
>>17867590
I think the fact that you were tested probably means you're okay.

I really hope it'll be okay for you. Is there a person you can talk to, just to get your feelings out etc.?

The new job will make it worse. I remember my worst attack was just before year 12 exams. Stayed up all night convincing myself I had Multiple Schelerosis, so times of emotional or physical stress will make it worse.

I reiterate; you got tested. You were negative.
>>
>>17867593
Though I feel easy talking to a few confidantes about many things. I think I want to just leave this until I get the test. It'll mean a few anxious days but good God hopefully all this worrying has been for nothing.
>>
Dude, don't worry. You have 1 chance per 2500 exposures to get infected : https://www.poz.com/article/HIV-risk-25382-5829
>>
Infection from PiV sex is very rare on the guy's end and since it was so long between whem she revealed she had it and had sex with you she might not have had it back then.
>>
If she just found out last year she had HIV, that is 2 years it would have been there as HIV. At that point, if she had it when you had sex, it would be AIDS at the point she found out about it. Looks like she got it some time last year, so calm down man. You would have known if you had it after the first time fucking her, you got tested weeks after. You will be fine, and I would like to compliment you on being careful and getting another test anyways.
>>
>>17867563
Absolutely worst case scenario: you're infected. That is not a death sentence the way it was in the 1980s. Modern drugs can control the condition so it is a passive annoyance, a but like diabetes, that you can live with.
>>
I'd bet my life that you're negative
You white blood cell count would be fucked by now not just a bit off
>>
>>17867563
You're and irresponsible clueless foolish piece of shit and you deserve nothing but HIV.
But even this might endanger us.

So go and kill yourself please, get us rid of your shitty existence.
>>
>>17868399
Lol, calm down permavirgin
>>
>>17867624
>>17867634
This. I didn't click the link on the other one but it's harder than you think to contract HIV. Not to say it shouldn't be taken lightly but it's over dramatized how easily you can contract it. You can have sex with someone with HIV and not get it...
>>
>>17867563

my boss and ex both have HIV. they both live pretty normal lives. my boss is 75 and had it since the 80s or 90s. the treatments are so good that its virtually impossible for them to transmit.

if oyu were gay you'd [robably have an even better sex life cuz you wouldnt be afraid of getting hiv and theres a LOT of 'undetectable' guys.

according to my boss there is athree month treatment that will cure people coming out soon.

that being said, you probably dont have it,
>>
>>17867563

Not much to do until you get the test. Try repeating the mantra, "I am happy, I am joyful." That works for me sometimes.
>>
>>17868107
Yeah, this filled me with confidence. I thought my doctor would be a bit more alarmist about the cell count. He just said that a viral infection probably lowered my white blood cell count briefly but that it's worth a re-test.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.