[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend said single mom's are shit at raising kids.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: 1477071450509.jpg (29KB, 455x652px) Image search: [Google]
1477071450509.jpg
29KB, 455x652px
My boyfriend said single mom's are shit at raising kids. Didn't even mention single dads. I think he might be sexist. He also told me he right way to discipline a kid is to yell and insult them. Should I be afraid?
>>
>>17867303
He sounds like he just discovered /pol/ tooo beee honest. I wouldn't be afraid but you need to tell him to not have a stick up his ass
>>
>>17867303
He's right about single mums but wrong about disciplining kids. Single mums are awful people.
>>
>>17867330
>Single mums are awful people.
shame on women for their husbands dying

>>17867303
yes. run before he hits you.
>>
>>17867338
Yeah shame on them, probably were so irritating that their man just exploded.
>>
just tell him that our fucking president was raised by a single mom
>>
>>17867303

red flags errywhere...

FUCKING. RUN.
>>
>>17867303
Men who hold a misogynistic discourse are indeed likely to have sexist behaviors with the women around them. It can go from never offering them any support to beating them up. He probably won't make you happy. Dump him.
>>
How old are you and how long have you been together?

If either number isn't very high, just leave. Nobody needs a sexist man in their life. It'll start here, and eventually you'll be barefoot in the kitchen cooking his dinner while he screws his secretary.
>>
>>17867303

Single mothers are way more common than single fathers. And maybe he just has experienced tons of bad single mothers and not many bad single fathers. Maybe ask him what he thinks about single fathers and what his reasoning is instead of just inferring things? Also, children raised by single mother's are statistically worse off, it isn't even a matter of them being bad people, raising kids is fucking hard and single mother's tend to do a worse job than two parent families.

> I think he might be sexist.

Anyone who notices that men and women who are different for reasons other than "social oppression" are considered "sexist" these days.

> He also told me he right way to discipline a kid is to yell and insult them

Probably was how he was raised. I personally think that violence/yelling/etc has a place in disciplining children, but only in extreme circumstances when nothing else will work. My sister for example would actually get hit by her kids, but she would refuse to aggressively discipline them. Kids can't be reasoned with allot of the time, so you simply need to assert your authority for their own good at times.
>>
>>17867536
>Anyone who notices that men and women who are different for reasons other than "social oppression" are considered "sexist" these days.

But genuinely sexist people exist; also, sexist means treating people differently and respecting one less than the other; OP thinks her bf is like that, she knows him better than we do. Maybe he is.
>>
>>17867303
He's right but he might have not phrased it properly. If a child only gets love and is never scolded for doing something wrong he will eventually become a very confused and horrible person. Its no wonder most criminals didnt have a father figure in their life. Most mothers are incapable of objecting to their child's exceeding demands. Giving only affection to your child is the worst thing you can do to your child.
A child also needs someone to look up to. Someone who can tell them to be strong and get up on his own when he/she is down. Someone who teaches them how to fish instead of just giving them the fish. If by chance some mother is unfortunate to raise a single child by herself, most of the time they fail to do all these things. Its great when it is not the case, but it is rare. While not saying all fathers can fulfil this role perfectly, some might be bad fathers or just run away from the responsibility of being a father, most actually do fulfill this role.
>>
>>17867587
Also single fathers are extremely rare. Most of the time its just a girl with bad judgement dealing with the consequences of her bad judgement, while the father can just run away.
And such women of course dont make good mothers.
>>
Hi OP, woman talking here. Don't listen to all these sexist sociopaths. Get away from that man as soon as possible. Even though maybe he isn't violent, he's positively at least nocive. Plus if you came here to talk about it it means that it makes you feel uncomfortable which is totally normal. Listen to your instinct and RUN.
>>
>>17867594
Hey, I said that too. All the anons aren't sociopaths. But then, I'm a woman too.
>>
>>17867596
Yes wasn't talking about all the anon just the ones saying "oh no he's not sexist single mothers are indeed terrible human beings". Sorry you felt like I was aiming at you, wasn't my intention at all !
>>
>>17867602
That's okay. But yeah, you don't want a sexist man in your bed. It's never going to end with that equal partnership most want.
>>
>>17867303
>My boyfriend said single mom's are shit at raising kids.
It's more the lack of a father than the mom's being shit. Most of them do try at least. Some are great, some end up shit, kids statistically would've been much better off with both parents regardless.
>I think he might be sexist.
Ok. Why?
>He also told me he right way to discipline a kid is to yell and insult them.
Might want to specify for clarity's sake that that's your accounting of what he conveyed to you and not the exact words he used.
>Should I be afraid?
No. Why?
>>
>>17867358
>proving his point

>>17867364
>overreacting this hard

>>17867526
>everything is misogyny

>>17867531
>barefoot in the kitchen cooking
>>not wearing heels
>while he screws his secretary
>>his cock not wearing you
>>>doing it this wrong
pleb
>>
He stays single moms are shit because multiple government and private studies show that the majority of children raised by single moms end up being those horrible fat kids that bully people. The moms usually do not discipline the children as much and let them get away with more. This is what studies show, not how people just decided to feel and say. Children need to be punished in a way so they will not do it again and saying "don't do it again or else" will not do shit. They won't steal again if you yell at them and make them think they will be locked up and how stupid they are for stealing. Your boyfriend is not showing any hostility saying these things, it seems you are just too caring about kids to see that, at first, they can become little assholes or little bundles of nice. It depends on how you teach them to live.
>>
>>17867626
This is major bullshit.
Single parents (both mothers and fathers) have more troublesome kids because raising kids needs time, money and energy and alone you cannot do as well. Also it's more likely that if you have two people raising you, you will have a more balanced upbringing.

Yelling or hitting a child is a terrible way to discipline them. Most of the kids I know who have been yelled at or beaten are dickheads. You talk to your kids, you teach them the rules, you punish them (without violence) if needed. My parents have NEVER yelled at me or hurt me physically and I have always been top of my class, obedient, never even got a fine. I followed the rules because I understood them and why we had them, not because I was afraid of the consequences.
>>
>>17867626
"Studies show" is not a valid argument. Studies are data. These data can be interpreted in various ways depending on what other studies you consider to put some lights on the results. You don't build a relevant interpretation of the way the world works by quoting studies without placing them in a context. Don't act retarded.
>>
>>17867531
I'm 20, we've been together for 5 years

>>17867587
This is similar to what he said

I just don't want to end up having a child with him and he physically hurts them...
>>
>>17867710
Uhh that doesnt sound sexist at all. Dont label everything sexist. I was with you in this thread but my opinion might change now.
>>
>>17867589
Also, single fathers actually work and make money.

Single moms are fucking horrible. Imagine a parasite that grew x10000000 larger. That is a single mom. She may be single, but she is sucking the teet off the gov't/tax payers, and probably some other guy who is the biological father and some dumb shmuck taking care of it, throwing in more money.
>>
>>17867303

thats because single dads are exceptionally rare.
>>
>He also told me he right way to discipline a kid is to yell and insult them
>Should I be afraid?

Yes.
>>
>>17868623
I agree with the single parent thing sorta. A lot of people I know who have had single parents don't end up too good.

Im OP: UPDATE: As for my boyfriend I recall this one time we were at his family's house and his sisters kid ran up to him and slapped him, laughed then ran away. My bf was like hey don't do that then the kid laughed, ran up to him and was about to slap him again but my bf bent his knees back (he was lying on the couch) and pushed him with his feet. The kid slid down the floor, looked shocked then cried. He was emotionless after and I ran over there to comfort. He never hurt any kids before or after that one moment but that memory is burned into my brain.
>>
>>17867632
In other words, you don't believe in science. You believe in feelings.
>>
>>17868837
You don't know how science works son please stop embarassing yourself thanks
>>
Single mothers ARE shit, this isn't necessarily sexist

Literally just ask anyone raised by a single mother. Both guys and girls I've talked to hated it. One girl had a mom who's boyfriend would even abuse her and she didn't care.
>>
>>17867710
>physically hurt
Did he say spanking or anything? Kids are stupid you can spank a kid by barely taping them and they will cry out in pain because they believe it will hurt. I realized this when I was 11 and told my dad that and the next time I ever got spanked (it happened to be the last too) it actually hurt.

However I thank god he spanked me all the time (not that much just when i needed it) cause I know I was a shitty child and could have came out much worse if he were a soft pussy who didn't do shit. Trust me my mom grounded me by taking my toys away and putting me in the corner and that doesn't do shit.
>>
Ugh I know that feel girl. My bf said that he didnt want to be cucked. Had to leave that sexist asshole
>>
>>17869074
I bet when you broke up with him that made his dick triple in size that day.
>>
>>17867539
She probably doesn't know what sexist is and thinks that anyone that believes men and women are different are sexist.
>>
>>17869071

Read
>>17868804
>>
>>17867539

Men and women should be treated differently, save the exceptional men who are more feminine and the exceptional women who are more masculine. You should treat people according to what they are, not according to some humanistic abstraction that leaves everyone disappointed. Most women love benevolent sexism - but are taught to publicly claim that they don't like it by the PC thought police.

If "sexist" is to have a negative meaning, then I would say it is only sensible to reduce it down to disrespecting a whole a gender. That I can see as problematic and unfounded. I also don't see any evidence that her boyfriend is really like that.

But all this egalitarian shit is misleading. Men do not want to be treated like women and women do not want to be treated like men, neither wants to be treated like some weird intermediary "human" who is neither masculine nor feminine, and does'nt actually exist. Individuals will have degrees of of masculinity and femininity. But most of us tend to fit into classical gender roles to some degree - so as long as we don't be too rigid about them they usually work.
>>
>>17869074
kek
>>
>>17867303
The fucking blue pill in this thread, jesus

My mom was single when she raised my sister up till 95 when I was born, well over six years. My sister grew up to be a narcissist

This wasn't her fault, though. Her dad was a misogynist who would belt her when she came by to visit. He was why she had started acting out, cutting, and ODing on her medication.

My dad was the opposite. He was in my life, but my mom was the overbearing one. Ergo I take after her, whereas my sister takes after her dad.

Single parents can raise children regardless of what sex they are, but if they are shitty parents, they will make shitty kids.
>>
>>17867303
I understand where you're coming from and I'd be a little apprehensive but maybe try talking to him about it? The discipline is iffy because that's such a large area and you didn't even give us the context of the discipline (kid running their mouth or stealing from stores?).

Kind of off point, but I've never met a normal adjusted person who was raised by a single mom. They're all off somehow. Either immature or desperate attention seekers.
>>
>>17867303
Ask him to justify his logic. If there is no logic at all, which is what it seems, tell him to go fuck himself somewhere near a precipice while blindfolded and running around, but before lure him into your sex dungeon and mark him so that nobody else has to get involved with that fuck.
>>
File: 1481531449453.jpg (940KB, 1000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1481531449453.jpg
940KB, 1000x3000px
>>17867303
Depends on too many factors to be explained quickly here.
Your best bet on that is >>>/pol/

And he's right so he miht see some shenanigans coming from you so don't try to pull off pic related. EVER
>>
File: feminist-vision.jpg (237KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
feminist-vision.jpg
237KB, 1024x1024px
>>17867526
here' how you seem to view things.
>>
>>17867338
>shame on women for their husbands dying
Oh come off of it, widows are practically a negligible slice of the single mother population. I don't even have anything against them, but let's be real and admit that a single mother is typically the result of a failed relationship.
>>
File: 1481719884294.jpg (264KB, 867x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481719884294.jpg
264KB, 867x1000px
As long as
1) his logic is sound (feelings doesn't matter) and
2) you don't do the following things
>divorcing
>cheating
>nagging
>deny sex without a good reason
you should be okay.

He likely knows about pic related so some things won't be tolerated
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.