[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to recover memories lost during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (17KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17KB, 512x288px
What's the best way to recover memories lost during a night of drinking?
>>
I've never successfully done this but I'll bump for interest
>>
>>17866024
>best way
>implying there's a single one

Unless one of your friends remembers something, it's all gone, like tears in rain etc.
>>
it's impossible. You don't remember whatever happened there not because it's hidden in some part of your brain, but because it was never "recorded".
>>
>>17866038

Fuck, but I can remember pieces, like from the beginning to the end I can see that I went from A to B to C but it's the inbetween that's gone. So not a full blackout, does the mind not keep the links between each point?
>>
>>17866047
That's a fragmented memory loss. See, alcohol fucks your ability to turn short-term memories into long-term. If you're drunk, but not in the "last phase" you will only be able to convert a part of your short-term memories to long-term. That's why you only remember pieces.

The possibility of remembering more through mental exercises or hypnosis has been debated for a long time, but I think it's only going to result in more confusion. An exercise that's said to help you remember more is to close your eyes, think about the memories you do have of that night in chronological order and try to visualize every detail. The way you were feeling, the people you were with, your surroundings etc. I don't think it's actually working though, I think you'd end up with a bunch of fake memories. See, when you're trying to recall a memory that's unclear or simply isn't there your brain simply makes it up based on what you already know. So you'll "remember" what you think happened, not what actually happened. In this kind of situations the best approach is to find people who were with you that night or saw you (and who weren't as drunk, obviously) and ask them what happened.
>>
>>17866085

I see, thanks mate guess it's just a shame that it will be my colleagues who I am reluctant to let in on the fact that I was as drunk as I was haha
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.