[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Bad social anxiety, makes it hard to meet women irl >When

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: large.jpg (54KB, 381x381px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
54KB, 381x381px
>Bad social anxiety, makes it hard to meet women irl
>When I do, almost always likes whatever friends I'm with more than me
>Try Tinder
>Get very few matches
>Matches I do get seldom even talk to me
>Been on 2 dates in the past year.
>both times they just wanted to be friends after.

Is it simply time to accept I'm just not destined to be successful with women
>>
>19 years old
>'entire' 'life'
>>
>>17865431
We'll I'm actually 20. But, feels like I'm gonna be trapped in whatever this is forever.
>>
>>17865441
I'm 24 and it doesn't get any better, get away while you still can.
>>
>>17865441
I'll get you 100 matches for 50$
Or
10$ per phone number but you gotta take it from there
>>
>>17865449
Not him, but can you describe your method? Like obviously it's a way of messaging. You don't have to go into detail, just give a basic idea
>>
>>17865441

I didn't meet my gf until 25 and my few attempts at women before that were abysmal. Don't give up. You'll probably find someone worthwhile in the end. By the sounds of it, you're doing much better than some people by actually making an effort and putting yourself our there.
>>
Damn OP you're pretty much me. I feel like I've messaged every girl on OKC in my area, barely get matches on Tinder. Been on a couple dates, but it never goes anywhere, mostly because I get nervous around women.
I work out and I don't think I'm horrendously ugly. No idea of any better way to meet women so I think I'm just gonna have to give up.
>>
>>17865474
Forgot to mention that I'm about a month away from turning 25 so I'm even more fucked than you.
I was lucky enough to find a gf in college for a year when I was 20, so maybe that same thing will happen to you. Good luck anon.
>>
>>17865458
But I'm just so damn miserable and lonely all the time. Especially considering I have numerous friends that do great with women and I j6st have to watch it happen.
>>
>>17865457
messages specifically tailored to the girls profile work the best, I'm good at eyeing people and have worked in copywriting for a few years
>>
>>17865542
OP here.

Just got matched with a girl whose profile said "tell me your favorite radiohead song" it's like a dream come true
>>
>>17865832
Fitter Happier
>>
>>17865542
Really? I found a decent amount of girls on PoF that did vidya, played some of the same games as me, were into other things I'm into, and never got a single reply trying to talk to them about any of that shit. I'm not fugly, NEET, or fat or anything. I ended up deleting my profile since just looking at the app was a downer.

For the record, not the guy you replied to.
>>
just think lads. The whole reason we exist is to keep our bloodline going. if we cant even have kids, our life was completely pointless. probably isnt an after life so if we dont have kids no part of us will remain in the world. we're all basically failures at life. gg.
>>
>>17866579
Thank you so much. That's the absolute last thing I needed to hear.
>>
>>17866584
np. what if we live through our children? bloody ell. we have all been cucked.
>>
OP here.

I think the real question is, how to I stop being so damn pathetic
>>
>>17866681
Welp, there's the paradox. The only stuff you can change is stuff you have control over, yet there's stuff in your life you don't control. Sometimes you get a shit sandwich. If you want to not get a shit sandwich at some point your best bet is still to maximize your odds; keep looking, keep trying. Nothing more any of us can do.
>>
>>17866561
You have to do it right, it's hard to explain
I might write an ebook
>>
>>17866695
So it's a matter of acceptance as opposed to a matter of improvement?
>>
>>17866702
I know it'd be against your interests to actually explain if you're making money off this shit, but that honestly sounds like "git gud" which is far from an answer. Whatever, you're not the one suicidal so keep doing you.
>>
>>17866709
Pretty much. Don't listen to people that tell you everything is your fault. Morons. At the same time the people who tell you nothing's your fault are morons. Just keep an open mind, always look for ways to improve and not having expectations (on the level of counting your chickens before they hatch) means you're not opening yourself up to disappointment.
>>
>>17866579
>>17866584
Life is much more about personal choices than "muh passing genes" meme or anything else. And no, following our biological "imperative" doesn't have any more value than doing anything else with our lives. My dad is a firm believer on that meme, but after I fucked some shit up he told me that if he could go back to the past he wouldn't have had children, or at least not so soon. What I mean is that you shouldn't place all your hopes, dreams and especially meaning on mere projections.
>>
>>17866920
Yeah, okay. It's just a cherry on top for me already feeling shitty.
I feel a deep need to connect with another person emotionally, and sexually. The idea of all the side effects of anti-androgens to get over that terrify me, and I've pretty much given up on not being alone. Where does that leave me?
>>
Are you employed full time? Do you have hobbies, passions, goals? Are you happy being single?

If you answered no to any of these, that's why girls are unattracted to you. Focus on improving yourself, as well as your dating skills.

Chances are you're doing something wrong, like being beta or acting clingy/feminine. I'm too tired to list out how to date women from Tinder. You're hopeless.
>>
>>17866965
I work part time, in college for programming.

Been an unmotivated, depressed, anxious trainwreck lately
>>
>>17866761
But how can I just accept I'll probably never be comfortable being social.
>>
>>17867056

Yeah bro you need professional help. Watch Corey Wayne on youtube. His videos helped me get out of some dark times, and improved my dating skills dramatically.
>>
>>17867059
Wait, are we now talking about just relationships in general, or relationship-relationships?
>>
>>17867113
Well, I'm comfortable around people I've known for a long time and shit. Just I have a very small social comfort zone I can't seem to step out of.
>>
>>17867131
Okay, yeah. I think I know what you mean. I'm kinda like that. What worked for me is I found an interest group, and I just acted as if I were a social person; talked to everyone. The trick there is once everyone was my friend I didn't feel uncomfortable anymore. Since then I've made friends through those friends.
>>
>>17866959
Same bro. I do not know where that leaves us. I consider myself not worthy of anyone, not even myself at the moment. Everyone has their demons, life is all about what we do once we find out what they really look like, how you really feel about them and what the world really thinks about them. Put all of that together and you got yourself a... mess? I really don't have any catharsis for you here, just an overly critical and analytical perception of things that doesn't actually mean shit. Yay.
>>
>>17865431

That's the joke
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.