[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's my greentext story please advise >Be me >Great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: cute-duck-wallpaper-6.jpg (159KB, 899x497px) Image search: [Google]
cute-duck-wallpaper-6.jpg
159KB, 899x497px
Here's my greentext story please advise

>Be me
>Great friends with somebody. Easily top 5 friend in my life.
>Get along with them well and have known them for years
>One day I can't afford to pay for my medication anymore. I have schizotypal personality disorder.
>Get off the antipsychotics feels bad man
>Mental health gets worse, personality starts changing and getting worse
>One day after being off meds for a few months
>Have completely out of character schizo psycho bitch melt down over some really mild drama and say the meanest shit you could ever imagine to my friend and cut contact with them
>Years later
>Get back on medication
>I'm back to normal, wouldn't hurt a fly. Can't stress enough that I don't have a mean bone in my body and the melt down was because I was off meds

Now I want to contact my friend again. I feel like if I explain what happened they'll be able to forgive me and want to be my friend again. I have their facebook. Should I contact them and explain things? I miss them very much.

Can't think of a pic so here's a pic of a duck instead
>>
Sounds like s good idea to message them and apologize or try to put the water under the bridge he may accept it or he may not. No way to for sure til you try
>>
>>17865323
İf they were such close friends they might understand and forgive you but in any case try it and apologize to them. You don't have much to lose anyway
>>
Why were you off of your meds for so long?
Did they know about your condition prior to this happening?

It's been years, as the saying goes, time heals all wounds - so you have that going for you. I would try to get their number if possible, voice to voice is much more intimate and helps convey your feelings clearly. Be very polite, and be sincere. Gage from your conversation, but try to meet sinvebeing face to face is the most genuine. I wish you luck, try not to fuck up on your meds again.
>>
You can contact them to apologize and explain but I doubt they might want to be your friend again, since you have a history of flying off the handle. They might think 'what if it happens again or he loses his meds, I don't want to deal with that'

You don't seem to understand the gravity of what you've done so maybe you're not all well yet. You purposefully tried to hurt your friend--i know you were off the meds, but that's a really hurtful thing most people wouldn't be able to forget. So don't be surprised if you can't be friends again.
>>
OP here.

Would it be better to have a conversation with them about it online and just start with a short opener like a small message over facebook? Or should I just tell them i've got a typed out message explaining the whole thing and send out this really long message explaining everything and send it to them on facebook?

I'm worried about meeting them IRL or talking to them on the phone over this. I'm pretty sure theres a good chance they might be really turned off from the idea of talking to me anymore and in person or over the phone might be too emotionally stressful to explain everything right without the situation getting bad before I can say what I need to say. It's also way easier to organize my thoughts over posts like this since I can keep editing and revising and adding details. In person i'm way worse about explaining things, way more scatter brained.
>>17865333
>Did your friend know you had this?
No my friend had absolutely no idea that I had this.

You're dismissing the "I was off my meds" as this bad excuse or a reason thats not good enough. It's ok though it's really hard to make other people understand what its really like to be off them. Trust me it's a way more solid of a reason than you think it is.

Let me give you more perspective about how huge the difference is between me on my meds and me off my meds.

On the meds- It's ok maybe we can work together to figure out a solution to this. Let's figure out a way to solve this problem like reasonable adults. No harm done my friend.

Off the meds- Fact that a person has any kind of drama with me at all puts me in this horrible bad mood that I can't shake that lasts all day. Over time this horrible feeling gnaws away at me and starts triggering even more hateful emotions because i'm suffering from the horrible feeling. Assume the other person is 30x more mad at me than they actually are. Feel 30x more mad than I should be towards the person because of this. Etc.
>>
>>17865434
Here the last half of my post was aimed at
>>17865336

And just to clear things up I realize there's no such thing as a good reason for ever treating somebody that way and I recognize how harmful and hurtful it was. But what i'm saying is i'm pretty confident once the other person knows why I was acting so crazy and know that there's a 0% of it happening again that they may very well forgive me. If they don't i'll be surprised desu. I definitely would forgive anybody that came to me with a story like this but maybe thats just because i'm in that situation myself right now.

Anyways thanks for the help guys i'm going to wait 10 minutes to see if anyone has a suggestion on the best way to contact them first. If nobody suggests anything by then i'll leave the thread and just contact them over facebook
>>
İf you think you'll spill your spaghetti over phone or irl. Do as you said and contact them in a written way considering that they were not aware of your problem and they may believe and forgive you. Well it they don't at least you've tried. Good luck op
>>
Update the thread if they reply in a short time
>>
OP here. I contacted them but IDK how long it will be until they see my message. Idk how often they use facebook.

Thanks guys. Tbh i've wanted to send that message for years and I think in some way this thread helped me to do it. So whether it turns out good or bad i'm still happy I gave it a try.

I am going to be sad as fuck for awhile if they doesn't want to be my friend anymore. I probably shouldn't have tried something like this close to christmas day. Being sad on christmas day would suck
>>
>>17865992
You did the right thing OP no matter what the outcome will be you did what you could to salvage it. Hope everything works out for you
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.