[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating thus far has proven a waste of my time. So I'm a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1481319848637.jpg (153KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481319848637.jpg
153KB, 960x960px
Dating thus far has proven a waste of my time.

So I'm a 22-year old male. Fairly attractive, intelligent, charismatic, funny, confident, and well-rounded. I can't get just any girl I want but I don't have trouble with finding someone who's interested. As a boyfriend I'm told I'm sweet, caring, thought-provoking, unpredictable, and passionate. I'm the boyfriend your friends and parents love. I'm not perfect but I'm told I'm a catch.

But I've never had a relationship last longer than a month. Ever. I've been with five girls thus far. I figured I was just seeing the wrong people but in November I started dating this cute, sweet, funny girl who absolutely adored me, brought me around her friends, and said that she was lucky to have me and wanted to be with me for a long time. Three days before our one-month she broke up with me over the phone because of anxiety over the future of our relationship that she had never brought up to me before. It was understandable why she was upset but I was devastated because she never talked to me about it and turned so cold to me when she did it.

A couple days after, I restarted my Tinder and got a lot of initial attention. I'm actually talking to a cool girl right now who messaged me first. But I just feel like there's no point. If a dynamic as good as my last relationship can't make it a month, why even bother? Is it even worth it to try again? It seems like a waste of my time and it's to the point that I hate dating.

What do
>>
>>17865185
You've only had 5 relationships
That's not a big enough sample pool
Whine more and give up if you want, more for me
>>
>hey losers look at me i'm so fucking perfect

not on my watch fucking normie
>>
>>17865185
This is gonna sound like me being a pompous ass but whatever.

Ive had the same problem, turns out after pushing and asking some of my ex's friends apparently they thought I was too good for them/ they weren't good enough.

I think it's bullshit but people don't like to feel inferior.
>>
>>17865196
Pretty much the same reason people don't approach super hot girls or guys.
>>
>>17865185
>>17865196

Dating is a crapshot. People have shit going on in their lives all the time, stuff that has nothing to do with you. So don't take it personally.

Still, when it happens too much... look at the only common thread: Yourself.

Not saying "it's your fault", don't take it as an attack. Just saying "look what kind of role you play in all those relationships"
>>
>>17865185
>I'm told I'm sweet...a catch
>your friends and parents love
>girl who absolutely adored me
>brought me around her friends
>my Tinder...got a lot of initial attention

You seem to focus a lot on how other people describe you and feel about you and shower you with attention.

Do you feel that you're a catch, deep down?
If not, stop focusing on finding people who will tell you you're a catch, and start focusing on bringing yourself to the point where you know you are a catch, and don't need to be told.

Maybe the girls get insecure about the future because they sense that you are insecure about your future, and you try to address that insecurity by looking for a secure relationship.

Do it the other way. Build a secure life and a secure future. Secure relationships will follow.
>>
I'm going to add onto what everyone's saying here with the fact that you're also 22 and no one knows who they are or what they want at 22. So just chill out and stop trying so hard and putting too much of yourself into things when the other person isn't exerting the same effort. When you get older people will mellow out and also 5 girls is a small amount.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.