[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long would a video interview offer last? >worked 9-5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

How long would a video interview offer last?

>worked 9-5 today
>sleeping over at friends house
>traveling one state over
>check email just now
>got an initial video interview
>estimated 20 minutes
>it was sent at noon
>I wont be back till tomorrow night
>nearly 36 hours after
>it was an automated message so no HR or contact

Thoughts?
>>
>>17863681
It's an interview over the internet. is there nowhere you could possibly go to set this up?
>>
Which country are you on?

I don't know about you, but I expect any interview to be scheduled with me on a time that is mutually convenient. If a company told me a time without bothering to ask, I'd just ignore it.

Think about it. If they treat your time like shit while you're interviewing, what will it be like after being hired?
>>
>>17863702
No I think you misunderstood. Its like once I click begin interview, questions predetermined by the company will show on the screen, and I have a few minutes to answer each. 7 questions, 3 minutes for each. This isn't face to face. I submit when I'm done.

>>17863683
No m8 its a video interview. Have to look presentable. My suit and stuff is at home. My friend is not my size so I cant just borrow a shirt.
>>
OP here. I don't know if this helps, but its through this thing called HireVue
>>
It lasts until all the jobs or openings for the next round of interviews are filled, unless the requirements are extremely niche and hard to find and/or choose from. Even if it appears automated, try replying back asap anyway and tell them the situation, and hope someone does monitor the inbox. /marketer at staffing firm
>>
>>17864005
Fuck man then on going back home on the first train I can. It'll have been about 20 hours since they sent it that I replied. That shouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>17864014
If that's how much that particular job is worth to you, sure. Another option is to try contacting another department of the hiring company, be as apologetic as possible, explain the situation, then ask them to pass the word along. I don't know about other people, but I flip those emails over to the recruiters whenever possible because hey, someone's living is on the line! Note that when I say hiring company, I mean the staffing agency or recruiter. i.e. If the job is at company X but company Y is handling the interviews/applications, you contact Y not X. Best of luck!
>>
Ps make sure you STAGE your interview area, clean background, good lighting, test your camera and mic for quality, practice where to look in the camera so you appear as if you're looking directly at a live interviewer. I've skimmed through thousands of these interview videos and only recall a handful that doesn't look absolutely miserable.
>>
>>17864037
Noted. I plan on wearing a full suit and tie, ironed shirt. Clean background, i have long brown curtains in my room so I would settle there. I gotta practice looking directly in the camera and not checking the screeen.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.