[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/ I need an advice. >start uni in 2012 in mind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Hire engineers.jpg (72KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
Hire engineers.jpg
72KB, 620x413px
Hello /adv/ I need an advice.

>start uni in 2012 in mind of doing nursing for living.
>get a 3.8 GPA and get into nursing school, everything goes well until clinicals.
>What's happening to me, what is this???
>Through clinicals get huge anxiety attacks, breakdown infront of instructor, constantly screw up everything.
>Constantly threw up most food I ate through the summer semester
>Met with a psychiatrist, gave me Effexor that made me dizzy, super sleepy but in exchange I wasn't anxious
>End up failing the clinicals because I screwed up that much because of my anxiety.
>Find out I just can't handle the clinical settings, too stressful for me and I had to constantly take Xanax and Labetalol to calm myself down.
>End up failing clinicals because of screw ups thus fail the class with it.
>You can't give up Anon, you still have one more try to go before you're out of nursing school.
>next semester I still felt depressed and whatnot, I just couldn't let go of the trauma i went through that semester.
>spent most of my time in bed beating myself up, studying in the last minute, had to read shit 6-7 times before I got it. Couldn't focus.
>Fail out on my second class because of my depression. Be thrown out of nursing school.
>Be 23, feel burnt out and hopeless. Have been in college for more then 4 years for nothing?
>Went to advisor, gave me a lucrative vague major of Community Health.
>Still feel like a screw up because if I couldn't go through nursing school, I can't go through anything
>Friend tells me "Hey Anon, what about Software Engineering?"
>Hmm, im genuinely interested in computers, I'm on my computer all the time.
>Have a change of attitude and feel better about the future.
>Taking College Algebra and Biology I this spring.

What does /adv/ think about Software Engineering? Is it doable?
>>
Yeah, it's definitely doable. It's hard though, you can't bullshit your way through classes. But the question is are you going to be able to go from nursing school to that.
>>
>>17862026
Well, I feel like If I was smart enough to get into nursing school, then I can set my mind to being able to do the classes for that. If I have the motivation and the idea of being able to finish it then I can do it.
>>
yep, you probably have some decent medical knowledge as well from your time spent in nursing school. healthcare IT is a big, BIG thing and is going to grow like a motherfucker in the next decade.

do some related admin or tech work in health while you study computer science, and you'll distinguish yourself above your fellow graduates for a cushy job in health IT when you get your degree. play your cards right and you'll be successful af
>>
>>17862129
Oh shit Anon, you made my day. I thought in the end I'll be just throwing away all that knowledge I got from nursing school. Definitely interested in tech
>>
>>17862137
shh don't tell everyone ;)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.