[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going on a date in an art museum. What do you do at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

I'm going on a date in an art museum. What do you do at an art museum? Look at art and say, "Hmmmmm. Very interesting."
>>
File: Paintin.jpg (340KB, 2616x1308px) Image search: [Google]
Paintin.jpg
340KB, 2616x1308px
>>17860848
I like going to art museums, seems like a good place you two might be able to bond over a piece. Try not to just look at the art for half a second and then run by to the next, really look at the art and maybe figure out what it's about, notice the small details. But to be honest, for a date, an art museum is good, but probably better if afterwards you take her/him to coffee or somewhere to eat and chat.
>>
Look up how to search for meaning in art before going. Most of the art displayed will tell a story or theme. Theres common themes in colors and symbols that will hint at what the artist was trying to portray. This is all useless information of you are going to look at modern art, in which case you can just pretned to see things that aren't there.
>>
>>17860861
Do the volunteer ushers actually know anything about art? Are they trained in the exhibit knowledge or are they only there for enforcing rules. The last time I went, I asked an usher about a tapestry, and he said
> Lol idunno I just make sure they don't touch the paintings
>>
>>17860848
Look up the current exhibits they're featuring and educate yourself on it.
You can have some interesting discussions with your date on each piece.
>>
File: Lookin down yosemite vallery.jpg (255KB, 1500x997px) Image search: [Google]
Lookin down yosemite vallery.jpg
255KB, 1500x997px
>>17860877
I think you just answered your own question lol, most of them are like body guards I imagine, but you might find some who knows shit. I imagine that's a hit or miss.
>>
>>17860869
>>17860879
Good idea. I'll have some idea of what is going on
>>
>>17860869
>>17860879

Man, I would literally pay to watch you idiots on a date trying to run pseudo-intellectual "game" on someone.
>>
>>17860885
I don't know why they don't make the ushers go through a simple education session about the exhibit. It would really add to the guest experience. And they would do something other than yell at people to not touch the art
>>
>>17860895
I imagine most exhibits have a tour guide that you can walk around with and listen to. Lots of exhibits do have plaques that you can read but most people don't. I get your point though.
>>
>>17860903
Maybe my museum is poor or something, but about 5% of the exhibits have a local number you can call. When you call, it automatically goes to a message that tells you the history of the art. I guess they didn't want to buy a lot of phone numbers for all of the paintings
>>
>>17860914
I can't say I am an expert on the stuff but I hope your date goes well, I still recommend lunch or something afterwards.
>>
>>17860919
Definitely, we can discuss the art or some shit
>>
File: Wallpaper 5.jpg (671KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper 5.jpg
671KB, 1920x1080px
>>17860923
And then you can give her the ol' in out right down there on the floor.
>>
>>17860925
Giggity
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.