[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

considering being a neet can somebody who is / used to be a neet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: good anime.png (136KB, 250x377px) Image search: [Google]
good anime.png
136KB, 250x377px
considering being a neet
can somebody who is / used to be a neet pls give me a list of pros and cons or some shit i genuinely want to know if i'm just gonna fuck my whole life up
>>
>>17860700
incoming neets defend being neets and rationalize their sad existence.

inb4 wageslave, yep. sure am i. feels good too.
>>
>>17860708
the thing is that i have no dignity
i know i'm a degenerate and i'm ok with that
>>
>>17860713
So be a neet if mediocrity is your end goal
>>
>>17860743
okie dokie
>>
>>17860700
>can somebody who is / used to be a neet pls give me a list of pros and cons

depends on what you do as a neet. if you're an autistic neet that just play video games or day you're gonna have a bad time. eventually you will get bored of games, become depressed, become extremely socially inept and get extreme social anxiety, you will probably live the remainder of your life ashamed that you couldent do more or kill yourself.

if you're a normie neet - i.e a welfare scrounger, you could have an ok. you need to socialize with people, have a circle of friends, maybe do the odd job on the side for some extra cash, have actually goals and passions. negative is that you will find it very hard to get a half decent gf because who the fuck wants to marry a guy with out a job?.

i was a neet for about 2 years when i was 20, wasnt really my intent but i become depressed and suicidal because some shit happened. i used my time to work out and read. main negative effect was that i was becoming socially inept, and i was ashamed about being a neet.

i can see why people become neets. working a job you hate 5 times a week is shitty. i suggest using your spare time to do useful stuff, and do something socia, maybe volunteer so you dont become socially inept, if you want to become a neet.
>>
>>17860745
Not him but you should add the possibility of being broke as fuck and/or a hobo.
>>
>>17860748
i was a neet for a short period of time and i had no issue with the solitude
i'm a loner by nature
>>
>>17860713
>i know i'm a degenerate

why though? more problems are caused through tax evasion than people live yourself living on welfare, and there are already not enough jobs to go around.
>>
>>17860760
>i was a neet for a short period of time

how long though?
>>
>>17860767
only about a half year
>>
>>17860708
Wageslave is just something throw around here by all the faggot NEETs that try to justify their selfish bread and circuses lifestyle. They get their autismbux and tendies, but is that really living? Not contributing anything to society and living a life of poverty because you are too much of a coward to go out and face reality? Disability benefits will not give you a glamorous lifestyle. You will likely have to live with mom or have at least one roommate. Sounds like you are still young OP. No one expects you to really be a very productive member of society yet, but at least do something to try to better yourself. Just figure out how to be an adult. That's what your late teens/early twenties is all about. Don't miss out on it because you are afraid of failure.
>>
>>17860769
i'm not afraid of failure, in fact i could probably make a comfortable living if i tried
i'm just a faggot
>>
>>17860769
>Wageslave is just something throw around here by all the faggot

im not a neet but it is kind of true unless you're middle or upper class. there are always going to be wage cucks in a capitalistic society. i would rather be a wage cuck than a 4chan neet though because that life is too fucking depressing. i live in a working class area with alot of people living on bnefits and they have decent lives but most 4chan neets are just going to be playing video games all day and shit posting
>>
>>17860748
>video games bad
No. Flat out wrong
People who have no problem being alone have no problem.
>>
>>17860769
I'm not afraid of failure
I don't have career goals
The things I want to do in life do not require a job
I don't mind a roommate
I'm okay with being your definition of mediocre
I don't care about a ""glamorous"" life
>>
>>17860789
you say that now but when you're living that life style for years you will eventually get bored of it and will become depressed. i have seen it happen too many times. when you isolate yourself as a teen it doesent feel as bad because you're still going to school, or you're hiding away from something. when you're adult, you're only hiding from your own mentality and it will kill you.
>>
>>17860804
I literally have been living that life for years . It's not hard
>>
>>17860808
do you have any sort of social life?
>>
op here, i'm probably just gonna become a neet because i don't mind having no social life or any of that shit, social lives are for normies
cya
>>
>>17860821
when i take over the world i am going to force you produce resources.
>>
>>17860804
You're making a lot of assumptions there buddy
I got my first taste of neet life senior year of HS when through duel enrollment I didn't even have HS classes to go to and my college ones were online
I liked it

Accept that not everyone thinks like you. Being alone genuinely doesn't bother me. I still have goals in my life they're just not job related.

I'm 19 in college, no I'm not depressed, no I'm not failing classes, no I'm not lonely.
I feel like dropping out because even if I graduate I'm not really getting anything out of this. I don't want to work a job in my field or any field .

I have a friend/roommate that thinks like I do and has already stated multiple times he'd room with me if we dropped out and share govbux.

I have my parents I could live with as well as siblings. They'd all take me in if I contributed with aitismbux
>>
I've been a NEET ever since November 2014. It's been a solid 2 years.
Idk, I think the main issue with being a NEET is that you do miss out on a lot of milestones, due to being socially isolated. You also miss out on opportunities as well. You're seen as a dole bludger (Ausfag) and I can agree you become depressed, social life or no social life.

I pass the days by playing video games, shitposting, and reading. If it were not for my friends, I would have killed myself already. Weeks will pass by when I don't talk to anyone outside of my house.

There's also the stigma around being a NEET. Granted, as a female, you do dodge all the connotations associated with the label, but still, at the end of the day, you're a leech.

And it's sad to say, but work for the dole is actually something I look forward to, because it's one of the rare times that I do talk to people.

Hmm, what else? You also do find it a lot easier to obsess over the small stuff, and fall victim to any mental illnesses. I found that during the "job searching" phase of being on Centrelink, that my anxiety was ten fold worse, and I was growing bitter and frustrated. Being forced in to work for the dole shook me up for a bit, because I had no fucking clue how to act around people, and at that point, I wasn't going out every weekend to see a pal.

Really, if you are planning to be a NEET, I recommend you go in with motivation. Wake up everyday, go on a walk, talk to your pals, limit internet use, take care of grooming and presentation, interact with your family, get a hobby, chill with your companions. If not for those, I would have no remained sane.

And I think that's about it.

I'm looking forward to the 3rd year of being a NEET. Apparently that's when people start getting super depressed and apathetic.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.