[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I tell my bro he is "dating" a chick who I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Wait-What-Meme-11.jpg (24KB, 600x412px) Image search: [Google]
Wait-What-Meme-11.jpg
24KB, 600x412px
I'm 27 in grad school, my bro is 24 who lives an hour away, and "The Girl" is 23 and goes to school with me.

>About 2 months ago my bro comes up to visit me, we are at a bar and I introduced my bro to the girl
>They instantly hit it off, feeling pretty good for my bro
>For the next month they text every day all day things are looking good for my bro
>A month ago the girl goes up to visit him a hour away. Things go great my bro texts me saying how awsome she is and happy I introduced him to her
>Next month go by, no more dates because my bro had some car trouble and the girl and I are stuck studying for finals. But I'm aware they still text everyday all day, my bro says she sends him picks of herself in her underwear, kissy emojies, tells him how much she likes her, that she is going to visit the day after finals, and whatever else 24 year olds text each other to show their affection
>Things are looking excellent for my bro, feelings good for him.

>Monday night at the bar watching monday night football, I'm chillin with a group that includes the girl and some of her girlfriends
>Turns out "The Girl" slept with some guy she had a fling with last semester 3 days ago.
>"What about they guy you are seeing an hour away" one girl says
>"Well I was stressed, its finals week, and we aren't exclusive yet so its all good I won't do it again" The girl responds
>"I heard your fling got mad at you because he heard about you and another guy"
>"Yeah hes convinced I have feelings for him."

Wait what? I get they aren't facebook official but texting my bro 12 hours a day telling him how much she likes him, and then banging your fling. Also saying your fling is convinced you have feelings for my bro, not that you HAVE feelings for my bro, implying you don't?

What the fuck is going on? Should I say anthing? I don't like to get involved in others people business but my bro is my bro.
>>
>>17860364
>I don't like to get involved in others people business but my bro is my bro.
Sounds like you know what to do. If roles were reversed, wouldn't you expect and want your bro to deliver the hard news?

>Hey man, I hate to be the one to tell you this, especially because I set you two up, but ____ is not exclusive with you.
>>
>>17860364
Are you literally brain dead? Yes tell him. And if he doesn't stop talking to her then he's retarded too.
>>
You've one job.

Women are cold as fuck, damn.
>>
Women are so casually fucking cold.
>>
>>17860392
>>17860408
Sex, intimacy, and closeness lose there value, when it's handed to you daily on a silver platter.
>>
>>17860364
I'd tell him. Normally I advise not to get involved in this kind of stuff, but this guy is your homie
>>
If she didn't think it was a big deal she would have told him. I've been in non exclusive relationship before and everything thing was said. Not just a trust issue thing, but making sure someone didn't catch something.
>>
You should definitely tell him, but to avoid this girl blowing up on you, you should approach her first.

Tell her that you are going to tell your friend about what she did, because you care about him and his feelings, and he would do the same for you in his place.

She will most likely tell you that she'd rather tell him herself, so let her. Give her a few days, and if she still hasn't, just tell him yourself.
>>
>>17860489

Fuck this bish, tell your bro before she hamsters her way into a story that never happened.
>>
>>17860499
I agree with this anon, you don't owe the girl anything, but this guy is your friend.
>>
>>17860364

As a non butt-hurt, non inexperienced guy, I'm going to take a completely different line to most everyone else:

Unless THEY'VE specifically said they're official or there's now a ring on her finger, this shit isn't official.

It's complete, 100% your friend's fault for falling so fucking deep in to the rabbit hole without locking this down or confirming her feelings.

The only exception to this is if he HAS talked to her about it, she's SAID she agrees with him, and then her actions betray that (and that would make her 100% scum)

Is she a bitch? Sounds like it.
Is she in the wrong? No. Her wording sounds kind of scummy, but unless they set some actual boundaries, she's justified by her own morals, because in all reality, spending time with someone doesn't mean you're behooved to or owned by them.

Should you talk to him? Possibly, but I wouldn't come at it from the, "Yo your girl cheated on you" angle, because there's more going on than that, and you don't know the details of what's going on. If you did talk to him, probe about what the status of their relationship ACTUALLY is, THEN talk to him about what you overheard.

This is a lesson that he DOES need to learn. Don't ever ASSUME something in a relationship, without confirming the other person feels the same, because all that leads to is MASSIVE misunderstandings, headaches, heartbreaks, and a disparity between what's reality and his own personal fiction.
>>
>>17860643

I agree, but the girl does seem to be leading him on big time.
>>
If a girl was texting me for 12 hours a day for 2 months, telling me how much she liked me, and then banged some dude cause she was "stressed"

yeah this bish is going to be nothing but problems.
>>
>>17860643
>It's complete, 100% your friend's fault for falling so fucking deep in to the rabbit hole without locking this down or confirming her feelings.
If you're looking at it this way, you're also making some pretty heavy assumptions about what has or hasn't happened, who knows what, and where morality lies.

Most people here have said
>tell him what she did
Not
>tell him she cheated on him

Your line isn't that different, snowflake.
>>
>>17860436
This is a very good point
>>
Get your bro out of there
>>
>>17860643

I agree with this, mostly, except that I have one thing to add based on the dialog you quoted:

>>"Yeah he's convinced I have feelings for him"

This sentence right here is vague as fuck based off of the prior sentences.

She could very well mean to say:

>>"Yeah, the fling is convinced that I have feelings for him (the fling)...

Which makes the most sense since she said "I won't do it again" right before and in the context of her behavior towards your bro otherwise.

I would definitely say that the "right" action now depends entirely on what the official status is between your bro and this girl.

If they have already been official and they've made plans for the future etc. then your bro should absolutely know what's going on. I would caution that this is not going to go well, however, unless you have irrefutable proof - and even then maybe not. Your bro is definitely going to attack the messenger and side with the girl if he's so head over heels for her and if she's already got him by the dick.

If that's not the case and both of them are still in the phase where they really like each other and are zeroing in on the "official" status... I don't know what the right move really is. I also would not necessarily be happy if I found out that a girl was seeing other people while she was seeing me, but if we haven't made it official or made any kind of statement of commitment then I would feel like that's kind of on me for not "nailing it down" as the other anon put it. It's a two way street though - I also wouldn't be feeling bad about working some other girls if that were the case. If we've been dating for a month or more and/or we're about to fuck, though, the conversation has to happen.

"Hey I really like you a lot and I'm looking for a steady partner - I want to go exclusive and make us official."

Prelude to that convo happens on the 2nd or 3rd date: there should at least be a brief conversation about what each person is looking to get out of dating.
>>
>>17861105

Yeah it was vague, but I should have put my bro name at the end of the flings sentence. She named dropped him. So it was about my bro.
>>
>>17860364
Exact same thing happened to me, but with minor differences. I was your friend in this situation.

I was mad and went into a downward spiral and drank a fuckton before work and went on a minor xanax spree because those things made me forget. I also picked up cigarettes. Very childish of me, but I still drink, but smoking is a staple in my life now.

It'll hurt him and bother him, but he is going to get over it. A big problem is that I myself went back and kept trying. But time is running out and I will be leaving and so will she. Just tell him, and MAKE sure he stays away.
>>
>>17861359
You are a namby pamby little bitch
>>
tell your bro to run
>>
>>17861395
Well, desu, she was only half the problem. Other is just me realizing my years are over and it's going to drastically change. I do admit it was childish, and I look back and I think it was retarded.

In the end, tell him to ignore her. Everyone handles shit their own way.
>>
>>17861275
>So it was about my bro
What the actual fuck?
That bitch is evil. You literally shouldn't even be bothering to think about this when she can say something like that. 1000% tell him

Every day I keep getting more convinced that there is nothing more diabolical than a woman in a relationship. Holy shit.
>>
Well OP?
What are you gonna do?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.