[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 19 and losing my hair It's getting thinner and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: medications_patient-aws.jpg (236KB, 1000x383px) Image search: [Google]
medications_patient-aws.jpg
236KB, 1000x383px
I'm 19 and losing my hair

It's getting thinner and thinner each day and causing much emotional trauma/anxiety. Ive used rogaine/minoxidil and it doesn't do shit.

The only option left is finasteride/propecia, but it has a 1-2% chance of causing permanent erectile dysfunction.

Should I take the plunge? I'm getting sick from the Agoraphobia coming from the hair loss and if I dont take it now I might never have a chance again
>>
>>17860281
Good luck. A lot of men just learn to deal with it. Once you actually lose hair it is gone. You hair shrinks first. Minoxidil has to be used at least 6 months to take a noticeable effect and sometimes you barely get anything out of it. combine propecia and minoxidil or just learn to let go.

I used minoxidil for a year with barely any results but it did slow down my hairloss. Eventually I stopped caring and stopped using.
>>
>>17860315
been using minoxidil for about a year and not sure if its slowed down anything but it's a pain to spend the money on it even though it doesn't actually work

i want a gf in this lifetime so idk if I can deal with the hair loss, I don't have enough of a personality or accomplishments to compensate for being bald and balding has deliberately sabotaged my development in life as I'm paralyzed by anxiety.
>>
Causes of hair loss:
>Genetics
>Stress
>Washing your hair too much, not allowing it to develop it's natural oils.
>Poor diet
>lack of exercise
>Too much masturbation
>Constant head scratching
>Going outside in the cold with wet hair
>Not using a pillow case
>The list goes on.

How I cured my thinning hair:
>Limit hair washing to once every 2-3 days. I got a biotin/colagen conditioner and use it as a "cowash" meaning it acts as my shampoo and conditioner. You really only need to shampoo once or twice a week, when your hair is actually dirty. Unless you're working in a coal mine, you don't need to wash your hair with shampoo often.
>After I cowash, I rinse my hair with green tea and let it soak into my scalp for ten minutes. Green tea promotes hair growth.
>Started taking 10,000 MCG of biotin a day.
>also started taking an herbal hair growth supplement, 2 capsules three times a day.
>Got a pillow case.
>NEVER towel dry or use hairdryers. Pat your head with a towel to absorb excess water, then let it air dry.
>Drink plenty of water and avoid too much sugar.
>Drink lots of green tea.
>Cut masturbation down to once every 4-5 days MAX.

I saw results within a month. Good luck m8
>>
File: 13354366564.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
13354366564.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
I feel you OP, although I'm female and have been losing my hair for the past year and a half or so. I have no idea what is even causing it anymore, but it's so bad you can see my scalp horribly when my hair's wet and if it's not styled properly you can see it while dry too. It's the worst. I used to have incredibly thick hair.

I used to think it was telogen effluvium, but now I've almost resigned it to being FPB and I'm not even 30 yet.
>>
>>17860332
I've been taking pumpkin seed oil, zinc supplements, biotin, rarely shampoo, drinking green tea, using minoxidil, trying to exercise, etc although Ive only recently started using the pumpkin seed, green tea and zinc thing. did you have male pattern baldness or telogen effluvium

>>17860350
do you/would you wear wigs? I don't think most guys have a problem with their gf or partner wearing wigs, since there's less of a stigma attached to women doing it. Regardless, FPB sucks to have, I'm sorry for your lots
>>
>>17860332
>How I cured my thinning hair
>cured

I don't think you were legitimately balding m8. Some of the things you wrote are reasonable and might even slow the process down somewhat, but none of them have anything to do with DHT (save for wanking, which isn't even nearly as much related to balding as nofap autists think).

Your hair was probably thinning for some other reason.
>>
>>17860505

Went to a trichologist and he explained how ejaculating too frequently increases DHT and causes hair loss. He recommended the biotin and green tea treatment, as well as the herbal supplement.
>>
>>17860567
What kind of green tea do you use exactly? Do you literally just brew it and use it on your scalp? What's your brewing method?
>>
>>17860281
>emotional trauma

heheheh okay kid

show us your whole face. most people look alright without hair. I do, but I also have an ugly-ass face. show us your face. hair is not everything, fucking obviously.
>>
>>17860332
lmao its amazing what insecurity can make you do
>>
>>17860619
Not him, but that's not even that strange of a regimen. People do WAY more crazy things.

Most of the shit he does takes no real extra effort, you're just used to throwing shit tier products in your hair while you shower and calling it a day.
>>
>>17860592

Just organic green tea from whole foods, 75 bags for 3$.

I don't want to waste my purified water so I just fill a water bottle with hot tap water and the tea bag. Let it sit for 10-20 minutes, shake it up, and it's good to go.

I'll use my cowash, rinse my hair, then pour the green tea on my head and make sure I get every corner. Then I just set a timer for 10 minutes, let it sit, then rinse it out.

It actually makes your hair way shinier, too.

Drinking green tea is also supposed to be helpful.
>>
>>17860350

I guess you could shave it if you:
a). Can kick my ass.
b). Ride a motorcycle.
c). Are a genius.
d). Have big tits.
e). Are super fit.
>>
>>17860619
This lmao.

Just own up to it OP. It happens to almost all of us eventually.

Plus if you go through it early you can shave and people will think you look young in your 30s (since they've had time to get used to it) when your friends are balding and desperately trying to hide it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.