[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you reconcile with someone who cut you out of their life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1474990147685.jpg (88KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1474990147685.jpg
88KB, 900x600px
How do you reconcile with someone who cut you out of their life? Is it ever worth the effort? Do the circumstances in which it happened make a difference?

If it doesn't happen, how do you cope for the rest of your life with the thought lingering in your head?

I'm afraid to even reach out. I've never dealt with this kind of situation before. It's keeping me up at night. Sorry for being a bit vague, I just want advice on this kind of dilemma.
>>
>>17858314
This is just a hypothesis.

If it keeps you up at night, and this has never happened before, it could be something called "rejection sensitivity."

You could use some therapy.
>>
>>17858622
well I wasn't exactly rejected by somebody, so I don't think my problem is "rejection sensitivity." I was very much in love with this person and their feelings were reciprocated, but certain circumstances in my life at the time prevented me from moving forward with them.

So I tried to distance myself, and they lashed out against me.
It was all just a big misunderstanding.
>>
>>17858314
why not reach out?
>>
>>17858675
because they made the choice to cut me out of their life.
i don't want to reach out only to have wasted my time and be hurt by whatever it is they choose to say.

is there any hope in this kind of situation? am i finished?
>>
>>17858694
I dunno it's kind of vague. So they cut you out because you did not move forward with them correct?
>>
>>17858702
correct.

I was already in a "relationship" at the time, although it was very bad for me, both physically and emotionally abusive. I was kind of stuck due to a financial agreement that would take me a while to get out of.

i never explained my living situation... If i did it probably would have prevented all of this. but i didn't know how to go about explaining it. so instead of explaining i just tried to keep a distance for a while, which obviously backfired very quickly on me.
>>
>>17858765
If they cared for you they probably will respond positively. you should try to contact them or it will continue to bother you. If they do not respond at least you know where you stand with them and you can move on. I had a similar situation. hope whatever you do works out.
>>
>>17858773
thanks, anon.
>>
I had to cut people out of my life and I sure as hell would not want to speak to them again. If I did, I'd reach out. It would piss me off if someone kept trying to contact me again.

I don't know what you did but if it was a misunderstanding and you've changed your feelings since, then I'd maybe reach out, but she might be done with you.
>>
If they've cut you out of their life that decision is final. I understand it hurts because this person is important to you. Most of the time you get rejected in life there is no closure. People will drop you, you will drop people for either good reasons like being unhealthy influences on each other or dumb ones like being too lazy to keep in touch.

t. moved on from being friend dumped by someone who I thought valued having my company
>>
>>17858314
Talk to the Person- try to explain everything.
Peace can only be made by words
>>
>>17858987

Wrong.

Op, if you got dumped, you need to walk away. Never chase or beg someone to stay who wants to leave.

Last words "Sorry you feel that way. I'd like to see you sometime, let me know if you change your mind."

If they want you, they'll reach out. The dumpee has to be the one who wants to reconcile, and they need time and space in the meantime.
>>
>>17858314
Time heals all wounds, even the most grievous ones. Eventually you'll move on and won't think much about this whenever you want or not.

Usually it's not really worth it to reconcile, because if someone cut you out of their life there must be some pretty serious reason. And if there is no really serious reason, that person is petty and not worth the effort.

If you really want, you can try to talk to this person, but there isn't really much you can do if he or she doesn't answer at all.
>>
>>17858993
Wrong.

What if OP was the one in fault here and made the other person hate him?

So he should be the one to talk first and clear everything up
>>
>>17858670
Did they know that you loved them ?
>>
>>17858765
Why don't you reach out and explain why you kept distance ?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.