[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like if I stop being bitter, I'll forget what pissed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: fireshit.jpg (145KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
fireshit.jpg
145KB, 425x282px
I feel like if I stop being bitter, I'll forget what pissed me off and motivated me in the first place. It's not like the properties of this universe that caused me to be bitter will go away if I change my mindset. Why forgive something that's unfair? I don't think it deserves it.
>>
>>17858291
I'm of the opinion that forgiveness is earned not given, and even then sometimes it's never enough.

As long as you can channel these feelings in a positive manner I don't see a problem.
>>
>>17858301
The way I see it, I will improve myself to the best I can possibly be, but it won't change the fact that pisses me off. It's almost like my mission is to prove that there's something impossible out there for some people, and all the encouragement people give me is bullshit.
>>
you don't forgive anybody (or anything) for the sake of them getting absolution. atleast not in the majority of cases. you forgive to gain peace for yourself. being bitter is not healthy and will make you a hard, angry and cynical person. instead of meeting the world with bitterness, meet it with realism. bitterness is a result of feeling that something is unfair and desperately holding on to the fact that it IS "unfair". it is the result of wanting something to change that is not in your power to change. realism on the other hand is about seeing things how they are, even if it isn't all just rainbows and unicorns but being able to accept that some things are simply unfair and not get crazy over it.
to sum it up in one sentence: change what you can, accept what you can't and be wise enough to know what belongs in which category
>>
>>17858328
that sounds very stoic. it's just hard to come to terms with the fact that my absolute goal is what is impossible and causing me to be bitter.
>>
>>17858334
that's because it is.
what is it that you long for so badly you are willing to live a bitter life for it?
>>
>>17858346
Being stereotyped negatively. Living in a world where I'm not given a chance at the first glance. Being represented by the sins of my brothers and ancestors. I'm possibly treated with respect but not love from those that I want. I envy others that get it by default. All of that makes me bitter. If I could everything about me, I would do it and change my identity. I would start a new life and see what it's like to have that much privilege.
>>
>>17858357
*change everything about me
>>
>>17858357
Just do right by others and yourself and you'll be on that path. No sense in fretting over things you can't change.
>>
>>17858357
read this.maybe it will sooth your mind a bit

http://www.thebookoflife.org/the-lottery-of-life/
>>
>>17858373
I guess, yeah, everyone's got some shit, and I've won out on a lot of the lottery. I come from a very wealthy family in America. I'll probably find meaningful work, but the love I imagine will never happen. Happiness is so elusive to me.
>>
>>17858418

happiness is a way of thinking. you dont "become" happy through the external world.

think about the billions of people who lived before tv, phones, internet, hell even electricity. think about people who lived before fucking plumbing. even when life is shit, you can be happy. being happy is something you choose to do.

>It's not like the properties of this universe that caused me to be bitter will go away if I change my mindset.

being bitter is stupid and a waste of time. its the chosen pastime of weak men who would rather never try than fail.
>>
>>17858418
i urge you to look around that site a bit. especially the entries about relationships. it will make your life so much more enjoyable.

for example:

http://www.thebookoflife.org/how-romanticism-ruined-love/
>>
>>17858426
If there's one thing I don't want to be, it's a weak man.
>>
>>17858503

i can sense the sarcasm, which is just another tool in the coward's toolbelt. tell me, why is it you're such a downer? was it childhood trauma? are you a permavirgin? a dumb-dumb?
>>
>>17858506
I've had childhood trauma, bipolar disorder, psychosis when I was 14 and then another attack at 19.

My generation/age group is very shallow. I've been called retarded, a 2/10, publicly laughed at in dining halls where 50% of the area could see my freshman loser self suffer. I've been made fun of by working adults as a naive college kid. People still give no shits, no pity, look down on me and none of my friends believe me. I was just embarrassed. This was two years ago. It's not what depresses me right now, but I'm just cynical of other people.
>>
>>17858517

>My generation/age group is very shallow

all humans are shallow, even you.

if you let the worst thing that happened to you define you, thats your problem. everyone has shitty things happen. dont make it your fucking identity.

do things that make you proud of you and just dont give a shit what other people think. you need to raise YOUR opinion of YOURSELF. only then will other people follow suit.
>>
>>17858291
>t's not like the properties of this universe that caused me to be bitter will go away if I change my mindset.
THAT'S LITERALLY EXACTLY WHAT WILL FUCKING HAPPEN.

Dwelling on shit is what makes you bitter. Stop thinking about it and you'll stop being bitter.

At least until the next time it happens. But hey? Want to be bitter 100% of the time or 25% of the time?

FUCK I'm jealous of people with normal minds.

>>17858301
Forgiveness is given. Trust is earned.
>>
>>17858526
This this This
>>17858517
Gotta lose that chip on your shoulder man. All that "generational" crap is edge lord talk. You're an adult now. You can reinvent yourself but you have to WANT to change. Go get therapy (despite what you may think about it, just talking to a non-biased person helps everyone), try to be productive everyday, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>17858526
well how do i do that? how do i start thinking highly of myself when I hate me and my life?
>>
every time I start to think about the good in me, reality kicks in and I remember I'll never get that thing I want. A little sadness kicks in when I have to start thinking about what's good about me. I just seem to remember every insurmountable obstacle.
>>
>>17858535

what do you hate about your life? what do you hate about yourself?
>>
>>17858552
I hate my place on the totem pole. I hate how I desire the lives and affection of people higher than me. I hate that I can dream about being accepted in the most passionate way only to come to real terms that those dreams will NEVER happen. I just keep dreaming about being around these people, but then even the "perfect" me is still so out of place. So when I do make strides in becoming the perfect me, it won't make a dent in making my dreams a reality.
>>
>>17858555

so youre looking for external validation. well guess what, the external world will never validate you. other people dont matter as much as you think they do and their lives arent as great as you think they are.

imagine how silly you would feel if you based your self-worth on what a bunch of 5-year olds thought of you. that's basically how you're acting now. external validation doesnt exist. you can make people like you by liking yourself, not be being 'likable' to others.
>>
>>17858586
i may be overblowing how great they are, but they are still much better than mine. even if it's not that great, having it would obliterate a lot of the anger because i could at least say I'm living the type of life I want.
>>
>>17858604

having what? living what type of life?

there is nothing concrete about what you say you want in life. you want your life to vaguely resemble the lives of other people. what specific qualities do you want? money? respect? power? women? friends? what is it?
>>
>>17858653
Yeah I should've clarified. I'm a huge nerd even though I have friends and lift. I don't play games all day. I care about my school work. I still envy people in fraternities who have sorority girlfriends. I have a fetish for petite, brunette southern sorority girls. I never party. I drink sometimes, but I don't have an outrageous amount of fun. I know people who do, and I want their life, the power they hold, so bad.
>>
>>17858660

just loosen up, man. you are way too uptight.
>>
I regret not joining a fraternity. Obsessing over fucking a slutty sorority girl has plunged me into my darkest and most inner beliefs. Sad
>>
>>17858713

its not hard to fuck slutty sorority girls. they are sluts. why spend life in regret. in 5 years you'll just regret the 5 years you spent regretting whatever it is you didnt do in the 5 years before that. your life is right now.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.