[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>work seasonal job at gamestop for about a month >usually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

>work seasonal job at gamestop for about a month
>usually get about two, four hour shifts a week if that and making minimum wage
>manager/boss complains to me today that I'm still having troubles with things like returns and remembering to enter skus for deals
>says I should be able to take care of the store on my own at this point and complains how she's not able to go on a break because it's just me and her for the rest of my shift

Is that a reasonable assertion? Should someone who's worked about 6 or 7 shifts be left alone and be able to handle any situation with a customer , even if it's only for about half an hour?
>>
>>17858049
>paying minimum wage
>complaining about low quality of labor
Capitalists, when will they ever learn?
>>
>>17858049
Why not just tell her you got it, take a break
>>
>>17858066
Because she would have said "no you can't" and gotten mad that I "lied" to her
>>
Tbh, yeah you should be able to do everything now. You're a cashier at Gamestop. They sell games and consoles and little memoribilia, that's literally it. And as a cashier, handling cash, credit cards. And for that store you probably get preorders, returns, and that buy back thing.

I'm not saying you can't do this all already, but it isn't too farfetchd to assume you should be able to do this all already.
>>
Stop caring. It's a shit show that you'll work for a year or two tops.
>>
Do you get minimum wage?

Start pocketing a couple bucks each shift and deal with his whining.

I used to work at GameStop/EBGames. Whenever someone asks you to look something up, just look in the drawers or click around the computer buttons and say you have none left. Whenever someone calls on the phone, you are SOLD OUT. People who ask those questions are insufferable and make your job there miserable after awhile. You get no more money for each game you sell, it's a set rate regardless. If they show up because you told them you have a game, you have one more person to deal with for the same amount of money. Be pragmatic with your time.

Remember that GameStop did this to themselves. We used to get small commission from the gameplayguarentees we sold, but they axed that and we were still told to try and sell it.

Returns are easy though what the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>17859295
Well, it was one specific example yesterday. Guy bought a PS4 Pro but needed to transfer all of his stuff but still wanted to get the "get a PS4 Pro for $200" deal. So I put in his PS4 as a trade in but I didn't know how to put in his Pro as a return and put it in again as a purchase without it actually being there.

I can get through returns and replacements just fine but when someone wants to do something like up above, I'm a little lost especially since no one told me how to do a return without the product being there since (surprise) nobody tries it
>>
>>17859294
I'm only working til January. It's a seasonal job
>>
>>17858049

No, it's not a reasonable assertion, your manager is fucking dumb, and you should only give your bare minimum effort in this job because who the fuck cares. Don't let it bother you too much
>>
>>17858060
*tips ushanka*
>>
>>17858049

Gtfo of GameStop, bro. That company is cancer. Worked there for almost two years as a GA and that was because they kept baiting me with a promotion that never happened. That company is going under. The manager I used to work for got fired, and they are no longer getting paid salary. THEY ARE HOURLY. A STORE MANAGER.

Because they don't even make enough to keep him on salary, plus they don't wanna give out benefits. I give them 2 to 3 more years before they close doors. They already closed over 200 stores in Puerto Rico and have terrible business ethic. STAY AWAY.
>>
I mean, it's just seasonal and you probably won't be kept long with her attitude. Next time you get a job, make sure it's seasonal and ask for a decent number of hours. Anything less than 12 hours is pathetic.
>>
>>17859582
Yeah, I knew it was a shit job but my thought process was "everywhere is shit but at least I get a discount on games here". I didn't know it would be this shit and that they overcharged so much for their shit that it's still cheaper to buy everything online even with my discount. I'm never looking back after my job ends, fuck this place. Even if some far out scenario happened and I became the best worker in the store and they really wanted me to stay afterwards, i'd say no
>>
>>17859514
I'm fairly convinced she's a complete idiot. Yesterday, I was dealing with a customer who was wondering about playstation store credit for her son and she was wondering "do I need to pay for playstation plus to use credit and buy games". I told her no of course since you don't and then my manager completely back pedals what I said just 2 minutes later and says "yes, you do". She's either completely clueless as to how shit works or she's out right lying to a customer.

Later on that day, someone wanted to return a used game they bought. They wanted MGS V: The Phantom Pain but he didn't get the disk and wound up getting Evolve instead. When I did the return, I saw my manager's name on the receipt. It's one thing to make a little mistake but being the manager and doing something that dumb. How does that even happen?
>>
gamestop is a no no you fked up senpai. that's all there is to it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.