[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok Im 32 and never really lived on my own. What I need to know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1445518646661.jpg (474KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1445518646661.jpg
474KB, 640x640px
Ok Im 32 and never really lived on my own. What I need to know is how can you live off of $25000 a year or less. I mean how can you pay for an apartment and a car and food and taxes and stuff? Is it possible?
>>
It's perfectly possible. Just don't expect to live anywhere near a major metropolitan area, unless you're basically an illegal resident in a slum.
>>
Learn to cook, stop going out to eat. Once you reach a point where you can go to the supermarket, buy whatever is on sale and make meals from it you'll save tons.
>>
Where.

Depends 100% on cost of living
>>
>>17857989

> Find cheap rental, preferably one near public transportation or your job
> Ride the bus when possible or get an older used car
> Do a lot of cooking and baking with base ingredients to get maximum delicious caloric value out of the least money possible. I buy a lot of flour, eggs, sugar, beans, rice, ramen, fruit when in season, cheese, baking and cooking stuff, vegetables when they are on special. Bake all my own bread, deserts, cook my meals, eat a lot of bargain brand cereal
> Avoid credit cards
> Buy clothes at goodwill
> get used stuff like second hand furniture and tvs and stuff.
> Don't get cable or dish, just learn to live with Netflix and internet
> Look at pay as you go phones
> Save at least a hundred dollars a month for emergencies
> Work towards having enough money that if you lost your job that 50% of your income in unemployment can be offset by savings for at least 6 months
> Get cheap healthcare plan on ACA site and then if anything major happens to you just toss the medical bills in the trash. Medical bills will bankrupt you but only if you try to pay them off. Otherwise you will just be harassed and maybe even sued but rarely you will be penalized if you prove you are living hand to mouth.
>>
>>17857989
>I mean how can you pay for an apartment and a car and food and taxes and stuff? Is it possible?
Depends on where you live, but it sounds like you'll need to get roommates
>>
If you make less than $28,000 there are lots of decent income based housing.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.