[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I met a girl in college and I don't know how to advance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (580KB, 735x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
580KB, 735x720px
She's quiet, modest, traditional and extremely religious (her parents are some Opus Dei weirdos), I think I'm in love. Sometimes we sit next to each other in class or study together, but all I do is try to supress my autism, joke around a little bit, make small talk and try to be nice. It's often hard to gauge wether she really enjoys my company or she's just being nice, but she seems to care about me somewhat. However it feels like I'm kind of stuck, where do I go from here? How do I go from "acquaintance" to "bf"? How do I make our small talks more enjoyable? I'm very unexperienced, my last relationship was like 7 years ago when I was on junior high. Can someone with more experience point me in the right direction?
>>
>>17857662
>You want her as gf to have sex
Get the fuck out alrighty
> you want her as gf and see if she is ok to be your girl for the rest of your life
Go for it
>>
>>17857690
It will take time, try to make her laugh
Be friends for month or so .. than ask her out
>>
Ask yourself these questions,
Has she ever approached you instead of you approaching her?
Does she text you more than 1 time without you replying?
How many guys does she talk with? Are they approaching her or does she approach them?
Compare yourself with the other guys, if you think you're less social with her than them, it's a no go.
Does she try and lengthen the small talk or does she try and end it with short and boring answers?
>>
>>17857690
I don't really care that much about the sex. She's cute, I like her personality and I can't remember the last time I got along so well with a girl. Just want to get to know her better and possibly some cuddles and hand holding

>>17857698
Make her laugh is what I'm struggling with the most...I'm autistically serious by nature so I'm not really that good at making girls laugh. I guess the way I talk is kind of monotone and I'm not very expressive with my face
>>
>>17857710

I don't really remember...but probably yes
We don't text often
She only talks with one other guy basically. He's chasing her but I'm not too worried, he's a muslim manlet and he's an even bigger pussy than I am
I'm almost equally social, but only because the guy's been chasing her for months and I only met her two weeks ago
She always tries to keep the small talk going when I run out of shit to talk about

How do I interpret this
>>
>>17857744
You have some good signs, few chasing her, she's fairly social with you so she definitely doesn't despise you.
I'd say you're close to being good friends, ask her to hang out and see where it goes.
>>
>>17857756
Good to know, thanks for the analysis anon
>>
Any tips on making her laugh?
>>
>>17857848
Find out what she likes, anon. If your joke is genuine enough, she'll laugh. You can also try to share some sort of experience with her and then make fun of the past, that works too. Self-deprecating humor is ok once in a while but do it too often and she will start to legitimately believe you're dumb.

More generally, you don't need to make her laugh 100% of your encounters, but at least have some humor or something "cool" in each of your encounters. If you're somwhere interesting, you can also make jokes about that.

My first date I took my gf to china town in SF and she dared me to eat hella food. We still joke about it to this day.
>>
>>17857894
>Self-deprecating humor is ok once in a while but do it too often and she will start to legitimately believe you're dumb.
Not OP, but shit.
>>
>extremely religious (her parents are some Opus Dei weirdos)
Red flag dude. Unless you're into it too, it will be a major problem down the road.
>>
>>17857901
Whats wrong with my advice?
>>
>>17857949
Not shit as in it's shit advice, shit as in I do self-deprecating jokes pretty often.

It's a slightly different case since its more of an in-joke with friends, but I digress.
>>
>>17857990
Ah ok. Sorry about the confusion. It is just that girls will sometimes see into something too much, so if you shit talk yourself too much they might actually start to believe it. Confidence is key with guys, so joke about how bad you are a lot is a sign of low confidence.
>>
>>17857996
Yup. Confidence is something I'm trying to work on personally since mine has been pretty shit my whole life.
>>
>>17857934
I think it's OK, she's not preachy or anything. We actually never talked about religion - she's very catholic and always goes to church and stuff but she's not really vocal about it. Her parents are fucking scary though

Anyway great advice anons, thanks
>>
>>17858763
Well as long as she is just your GF then you should be alright. Later on in life I would watch out for this type of religious fanaticism if you aren't already in the same religion.

The reason I say this is when you marry a woman you marry a family. Having overly-religious step parents is the entrance to a whole new definition of hell.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.