[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is bi-polar real? I always thought mental illness was invented

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-12-13-23-59-07.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-13-23-59-07.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Is bi-polar real? I always thought mental illness was invented by the pharmaceutical industry to sell medications. I cured my depression by myself, but now I go from absolutely loving life for a few days and never wanting to die, to hating everything, feeling isolated and alone, and wanting to overdose on heroin so I can finally be at peace.

Right now i feel like there is no point
>>
drive your car or your neighbors car into a ditch as fast as you can while not wearing a seatbelt
>>
>>17857582
XD
>>
>>17857575

>Is bi-polar real?

Yes.

>I always thought mental illness was invented by the pharmaceutical industry to sell medications

You're an idiot.

>I cured my depression by myself, but now I go from absolutely loving life for a few days and never wanting to die, to hating everything, feeling isolated and alone, and wanting to overdose on heroin so I can finally be at peace.

Experiencing violent mood swings, isolation and suicidal ideation is the exact opposite of being cured you fucking dope.
>>
>>17857602
It's different from my depression, because I'm happy a lot of the time now. The depression was three years of unrelenting misery and despondance.
>>
>>17857575
Maybe, the diagnose would only be made on a sober person.

Why are you doing drugs anyway?
>>
>>17857631
I don't do heroin. I take hydros occasionally. As in, 10-15 times in my life, over the course of 5 years. I assume heroin is a peaceful euphoria like hydros, just better.
>>
Go pay a visit to your nearest mental health institution, meet some patients, and you will see that mental illness is indeed a very very real thing.
>>
>>17857613

>It's different from my depression, because I'm happy a lot of the time now. The depression was three years of unrelenting misery and despondance.

Seeing as how you have absolutely not medical training, experience or knowledge concerning mental health or psychiatric diagnoses I'd venture to say that not only are you unqualified to recognize and diagnose your self with depression but you're also completely unqualified to determine that you've cured it and are now experiencing a completely separate psychiatric issue.

If you want help, go see a professional who actually knows what they're talking about. All of this pointless self-diagnosing and assumptions is getting you nowhere.
>>
>>17857658
Not like, depression isn't real, i meant it more like the chemical imbalance shit is made up. I don't doubt there are mentally ill people. I had depression myself, and I knew a schizophrenic guy in high school.
>>
>>17857666
Meds student here, chemical imbalance is very real thing affecting cells and how they make the whole body&mind function.
Go see your doctor, and be honest with your issues. He/She will tell how to proceed.
>>
>>17857701
There is literally zero evidence for chemical imbalance theory, and I've looked. Post sources here or gtfo
>>
>>17857705
Oh my god dude you can't really be serious.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/what-causes-depression

Please tell me what reliable source you have that states that depression is not the result of chenicals doing weird shit.
>>
>>17857723
>Researchers believe that — more important than levels of specific brain chemicals

From your article. And that is basically a summary. No where does it give evidence that chemical imbalance theory has been proven, let alone even make the claim.
>>
>>17857791
It says right there that chemicals are a factor but that there are other factors as well.

You know what dude just keep thinking that and you'll learn eventually that it's not all it's cut out to be.
>>
>>17857791
Is the there any reason why you'r so reluctant to see a medical professional?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.