[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend's dad hates me. He never talks to me or acknowledges

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

My girlfriend's dad hates me. He never talks to me or acknowledges my presence when im over, and she says its because he still isnt comfortable with his daughter dating (im 20, shes 19 so i dont know what the problem is) but when my girlfriend's sister's boyfriend is over, they talk a lot. Apparently we have a lot of stuff in common (personality traits, interests etc) so I just dont get it? Its been like this for 3 years, and Ive always treated my girlfriend well. What do i do?
>>
My gf's dad is the exact same way. He literally ignores me and acts like he doesn't hear me when i speak to him. Makes him look like an insecure cuck imo, I haven't tried talking to him in months, since I live with my gf, but if we break up that will sadly be one of the contributing factors.
>>
>>17857583
Yeah Im at the point where i dont even bother trying to tak to him, but it still sucks that you can be with a girl for three years and treat her well, and still get this kind of shit.
>>
>>17857588
Yup, I'm at 2 years. Her dad is also a psychopath. He ridicules her little sister until he gets a reactiom out of her, and then smacks her for talking back. He's never done in front of me, or I would have called the police right then. It also pisses me off because my gf justifies his behavior, but gets furious when her sister's stepdad even yells at her.

I can't talk to her about it because she freaks out. She has major stockholm syndrome. It's a big unspoken resentment in our relationship. I hope you find someway to figure it out man.
>>
>>17857608
our situations sound eerily similar actually. Her dad is extremely bipolar and doesnt take any medication for it, so there are times when he just flips out on people and times where he is supposedly the nicest guy ever to exist.

One night, I was dropping her off at her house and i went back into my car to get something, and while i was doing that he came out and started yelling at her for weaing makeup. Then when i walked up he flat out said "If you know what's good for you, you're going to turn around and go back to your car". I was about to say something back but my girlfriend gave me a look like "dont do it" so i just bit my tongue and walked away. The next morning apparently he acted like nothing had ever happened.
>>
You're at phase one, m8.

In my experience, either the dad will be friendly or cold in the beginning, but not too friendly or cold.

Once he sees how happy you make his daughter, he'll become more open to communication with you.

When he opens communication, your girlfriend will noticeably place you and herself in her presence on occasion casually. Maybe to have a quick chat before leaving the house, or maybe he's watching a football game and she just wants you to be part of the family.

Even if you don't give a shit about his interests, whether it's guns or football or cars, pretend you are interested. Make an effort to learn the basics of his hobbies so you can make decent conversation with him.

Never ever ever piss off the dad. A girl could believe you're her soulmate, but if you and her dad hate each other or even worse, come to blows, shit's donezo.
>>
>>17857622
Let me go out on a limb. Is her dad somehow underachieving in his professional or personal life? I assume that he is compensating for being a loser by acting like a cowboy in front of teenagers in my situation.
>>
>>17857633
Yeah, i understand that. Its been 3 years though. We also have the same interests (we both are musicians) so its not like we cant have a conversation about that stuff.
After 3 years, I shouldnt still be at "phase one".

And I know its me specifically because my girlfriend's sister's boyfriend and him get along just fine. Ive never done anything to rub the guy the wrong way. I just dont get it.
>>
>>17857635
That's a pretty good suggestion. From what I hear, he often tells my girlfriend to go to college to find something you dont mind doing, or they'll end up like him doing stuff they thought was fine at age 25 but not at age 40. (He's a carpenter)
>>
>>17857608
>Oh by the way her dad is also a psychopath
Holy shit quit acting like this is normal. This is a red and black flag, the same way arabs+turks invaded Greece and the Roman empire.
How the fuck can you allow this? This isn't life, this is the utmost perversion of life as we know it. We're allowing parasites to live!!!

Research a little chemistry, don't leave your fingerprints on and poison the parasitic lowlife.
Make sure all his belongings and money go to the most responsible adult.

>He ridicules her little sister until he gets a reaction out of her, and then smacks her for talking back. He's never done in front of me, or I would have called the police right then.
Do you realize this is handicapped manchild behaviour of an angry 5 year old bully? at the age of 40-50?
What the hell are you waiting for? Till that black sheep kills or leaves the whole family in shambles?(oh my god he already did, didn't he?)
Do your fucking job as an eagle american and protect your country from criminals, antagonists and low-life idiots.

Fine if you won't do it then at least give me the address. I know at least 7 anons on 4chan who are willing to make the world a better place. They have the intelligence, guts, problem-solving skills and education needed. And yes they are from /tg/.
>>
I dated a girl with a father just like this. We were together for three years and he never said more than a few sentences to me. I'd try and talk to him and he would just pretend like I wasn't in the room with him and continue reading the newspaper or watching the news like I didn't exist. Oddly enough, the mom would talk to me plenty and was friendly. My then girlfriend also said he was bi-polar and unfortunately, I never found a solution to the situation.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.