[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why people expect at 20 -24 already have a mate/family; you have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1481508920984.png (7KB, 645x492px) Image search: [Google]
1481508920984.png
7KB, 645x492px
why people expect at 20 -24 already have a mate/family; you have a whole world to explore and enjoy
and why such a sort timp to find your half i mean why is everybody going to get married the first person they meet or have a few interest but ,,they look good together,,
is high school supposed to be the time that you live you r life and everything after is supposed to be about starting a family ?

>did i just waste the best years of my life ?
>>
>>17856410

>why people expect 20-24 already have a mate/family

they literally don't. assuming you're american at least. people are always saying 'dont get married til you're at least 30' here.

im 24 and have never had someone comment on not having a family. then again, i do live in the city, and we do have a bit of a different culture out here.

that being said ive never had any of my friends from rural america comment on this issue, and only one of them is married.

>supposed to be

it doesn't matter whats supposed to be what. cuz there is no law, there is no legality, there is no rule that says you have to do anything. not even nature, becuase nature doesn't account for society.

deo what you want and when people ask why you dont have a family just say 'lol freedom bitches' and do your own thing.

the real question is why does this bother you so much? i understand annoyance if it was a constant thing, but you seem to be taking it personally.
>>
>>17856410
I think what you should be asking is

'Why do I care what other people think I should do with my life?"
>>
>>17856410
different walks of life have different expectations. whenever I go back hime I see people I went to high school with that are my age (25) or even younger that have kids. They seem happy and say its all they wanted, so Im not gonna be a dick and say it was a mistake in my opinion.
However, pushing for somebody to get married and have kids is fucked up
>>
>>17856410
Different people want different things out of life anon. Some people just want a family, some want a career first or just a career. It seems like people don't settle down until their early 30s now a days though so I'm not sure where you are getting this from. Is your family forcing you to find someone young?
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 509x289px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 509x289px
Probably something to do with the finding yourself meme is just and excuse for women to sleep with as many people as possible, also pic related
But sure sure, wait and see what's on the other side. It's not like it's something you can't undo right?
>>
If you don't shop the market early, you get the left overs.

Early bird catches the worm, etc

Basically, if you've got your life set, go for it. If you seem like you have your life set, then go for it as well. If you've no security, then you might be fucked. You don't wanna be those deadbeat parents who can't afford to raise their kids.

I'm almost 30 but since I'm in the last part, "no security" part, it really seems stupid for me to ever want to have a family/mate. I rather not make my potential child suffer through what I did.

Once I get my security figured out, however long it takes, then I'll invite some cute 18 year olds and have fun at my place, until then, I don't have the money to entertain that shit.
>>
woman have a certain deadline that they have to have kids by or else their kids come out retard or some shit. that means she needs jizz in here by 25 latest. a sort of but not really lingering social norm from the time where WASP ruled was that you marry in your age group or youre kind of pedophile predatory freak loser who cant even get a girl his own age blah blah etc. basically, no one give a fuck about this unless you literally live in the hamptons or some southern redneck fuckhole
>>
Being from a smaller more traditional community, I know that feel that OP has. 10 year reunion for high school will be up soon, a lot of people from my class are married with kids. I have no desire to be tied down in a relationship at this point, and I probably won't ever be in one. I think I would like kids of my own though so I'm not sure how that's gonna work out lol.

Dating and marriage is a very important part of life in my local culture. My parents don't seem to mind my lack of relationship, but they certainly are anticipating my younger brother and his gfs engagement. "Two dogs and no ring? I'd be a bit upset if I were her..." Was a quote from my mom
>>
>>17857592
Artificial wombs are coming, anon. Soon.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.