[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with people's excessive need to fill every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Michael-Gove.jpg (17KB, 458x305px) Image search: [Google]
Michael-Gove.jpg
17KB, 458x305px
How do you deal with people's excessive need to fill every silence with inane chat?

I tried saying "I'm sorry I'm not very chatty, I hope I'm not being rude" and they still wouldn't shut up

It's my flatmate, I can't avoid them
>>
Open carry a big bore revolver.

Nobody will ever bug you again.
>>
>>17856196
Today she heard me get home from work and I was having time to myself. She knocked on my door to ask if I wanted to come drink coffee in the kitchen with her

I used one word answers, kept saying I was tired and stared at my feet until she left

>>17856202
Haha if only that was an option in the UK
>>
>>17856196
I know this feel. I don't think there's much you can do without being outright rude/hostile
>>
>>17856205
Yeah, that's the problem. I want her to be quiet because she respects that I'm introverted/tired/whatever, not because she hates me

I tried being polite and she still asked me pointless questions
>>
>>17856196
That's how some people are, how long have you been living with that person? Eventually they just get tired if you respond with a couple words only.
>>
>>17856210
Maybe just get a "do not disturb" sign for your door, make a little joke out of it? Extroverts often just don't get it, but tell her that you need your own private space where nobody's gonna bug you

I live with a roommate, and he leaves me alone when I've got my door closed. But if I venture out for food or to use the bathroom, he'll talk my ear off for 3 hours and tell the same stories every day... he's a close friend but it's just too much sometimes. I just don't have enough polite non-responses to get me through those conversations
>>
>>17856230
Only since September, I'm in uni halls so didn't have a choice who to move in with and I'm finding it all a bit exhausting

>>17856239
That's a good idea, thanks! Luckily those in the flat I'm friends with will text me before coming by but she doesn't quite get it yet
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.