[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need serious help anons. My husband spent all of our marriage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1446917644253.jpg (24KB, 572x312px) Image search: [Google]
1446917644253.jpg
24KB, 572x312px
I need serious help anons.

My husband spent all of our marriage insisting I stay home with the kids (homeschooling) while he worked and "managed" the finances. Somehow checking accounts never went under his name, always under my name but always under his control and they'd always end up fucked, closed, I'd pay them off with what little I could make working from home, and open a new one (lather, rinse, repeat.)

I'm on my own now and down 17 years of employment history, have shitty credit and may have an eviction on my record (it appears I do even though I never lived at that address, it appears as though one of his girlfriends was renting under my identity and couldn't keep up with the rent-- so even though I can prove it's not me, it looks like it's me and background check companies "investigate" while apartments I apply for move on to the next person on the waiting list before I'm cleared.

I've been on my own and working for the past 20 months and essentially homeless because figuring this shit out is a full time job or something and I have no time to seek out information or resources between couch surfing and working and not a whole lot of time online.

So I don't have insurance and I'm not getting counselling for the abuse and I don't know what the fuck to do because I really just need a home address and I don't want to take time off from work to try something that may lead to nowhere (or worse.)
>>
>>17855358
Where do you live anon? A country with welfare or without?

Also there should be women's shelters and the like, family/friends?
>>
>>17855383
I'm near Portland OR, in the US. There are shelters but most of them are floorspace only because there's a housing crisis here.
>>
>>17855392
Right, US. Family then? Where are your parents/uncles/grandparents/siblings?
Or friends?
>>
>>17855398
My husband made sure to alienate most of my friends early on and I wasn't in a position to make a whole lot of new friends during our marriage. My friends now are mainly coworkers.

Most of my family isn't really in a position to help me, those that would be are distant relations that I don't know well enough to ask. I've been staying with some here and there and sent my daughter to stay with my sister out of state for a few months so she's not subjected to moving around all the time.
>>
>>17855409
At least go to the shelters. Also, have you told the police about it?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.