[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are vasectomy's reversible? I tried to look it up but I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: vasectomy.jpg (7KB, 250x213px) Image search: [Google]
vasectomy.jpg
7KB, 250x213px
Are vasectomy's reversible? I tried to look it up but I find mixed information.

My girlfriend is on the pill but its making her hair thin out. So if she quits the pill I'm trying to think of our options. unfortunately she was raised Catholic so although she's cool with pre-marital sex and birth control, she told me she would never get an abortion(she's fine with other women doing it, she just couldn't bring herself to do it). So I need to make extra sure we are being safe.

So I'm debating getting snipped. I'm 25 and I'm fairly sure I don't want kids. But I mean, you never really know. So that does make me nervous. I hear freezing sperm isn't fool proof either.

I mean other than this our only other option is Condoms and the rhythm method, I hear there are good apps to help with that now.

She's pretty much done with anything hormonal so just switching pills or IUD is out.
>>
Use a fucking condom...

Durex avanti bare feels like nothing..
same with Their extra sensitive

and crown.. use condoms...
>>
>>17854646
She can get injectable birth control. Good for months.
Vasectomy NOT usually reversible.
>>
>>17854656
Just condoms alone don't feel safe enough to either of us. It can break and pregnancies can happen just from pre-cum if she's at the right time of the month and you get really really damn unlucky. All it takes is one time drunk to slip up a little and you got a baby on your hands.
>>
i bet you she hasn't tried NuvaRings. they are hormonal, but they are only LOCAL. meaning it doesn't get into your body, it only affects one area. the uterus.

it's a little rubber ring that you put in for 3 out of 4 weeks in a month. you change it every month. it releases hormones n shit locally. my ex had 0 side effects, she was very sensitive to other methods, and in general is very sensitive to chemicals.

but anyway, i'm fairly certain a properly performed vasectomy is reversible
>>
you want to get your dick sliced up so some bitch can stop taking the pill? cuck
>>
No doctor would give a 25 year old the snip even if you wanted it.
>>
>>17854666
Actually that's exactly what she is on. And if you look online many people on Nuvaring complain about hair loss or thinning. It is less and it is more localized. It was the most harmless of all hormonal options which is why she chose it. She has absolutely no other side effects. But over the past 2 years her hair has noticeably thinned, went from super thick to seeing visible scalp easily at the part. Only thing that is any different in her life is birth control. And no women in her family suffer from hair loss. She has no signs of any sort of thyroid issue or anything.
>>
>>17854670
I would slice my own dick up just to have a female look at my penis for once

fuck you mean
>>
>>17854670
Letting your girlfriend go bald. Enjoy fucking bruce willis.
>>
>>17854646
The best episode of The office has your answer (30s)

youtube.com/watch?v=ox0iKsXKLjw
>>
>>17854646
I personally reccomend her getting an IUD.
I could not handle the pill, and was throwing up 23+ times a day, and lost significant weight in only a few months.
I'd never heard of IUDs before, and learned about which one would work for me. There is a hormonal option (3-5years) or a non-hormonal option (up to 10 years). 99.99% effective, and completely reversible.
I am thankful I have my IUD, and it saved my future, and sex life.
>>
>>17854666
Yeah didn't take me long to find this

http://www.orangecountyhairrestoration.org/hair-loss-in-women.html

"The following hormonal contraceptives have a significant potential of causing or exacerbating hair loss:"

"Vaginal Ring like the NuvaRing releases progestin and estrogen."

Thanks though I do appreciate you trying to help. It's been a slow process like I said took about a year to really notice any difference.
>>
>>17854707
Really? I've heard of a lot of IUD horror stories, especially the copper one.

Then again its the internet I can't google anything without finding horror stories.

What exactly does it do?
>>
>>17854686
get a new girlfriend. mutilation is not the solution
>>
>>17854707
(sorry, not OP in that post, I posted a thread and the setting stuck)
>>
>>17854722
I wouldn't have even suggested it if she wasn't basically my wife. We've been together for 4 years and live together. I'm not exactly about to propose but I'm also not planning on going anywhere. I'm pretty happy.

But people in this thread have convinced me its not a good idea. I was kinda hoping it was an easily done and easily reversible process. Some guy at my work was saying as such. But I knew more than to take his word for it so I came to the internet to check.
>>
>>17854717
I had my IUD put in 4 years ago.
here is what you need to know.
1. Yes. It is extremely painful to put in. So is having a baby. Take your pick, and suck it up, its worth it, trust me. When you go in for the apt, be prepared, and do your best to be strong. Its over before you know it.
2. Do not have sex for at LEAST a month after putting it in. I think I waited around 3 months, and offered alternatives in the meantine while I was "healing". This ensures that there are no complications after insertion. Rough sex, let alone any sex, can cause the IUD to penetrate the uterine wall.
3. Non-hormonal works best for me, because it works just as well as the hormonal, but without the side effects of hormones, and lasts longer. I had mine put in at 20, and it lasts 10 years, so that gives me the perfect window to decide when I want to have children.
4. Understand that there will be 2 clear strings that hang down. This may seem unpleasant and foreign at first, but you get used to is. They remind you that it is in its proper place, and are used to remove it.

What other questions may you have?
>>
"Rough sex, let alone any sex, can cause the IUD to penetrate the uterine wall."
Let me correct that. I have sex regularly now, rough at times if I were honest. What I mean by this is don't fuck after she's had it put in, when its still sensitive / sore.
Give her time to recover from it and get used to it. Then you can go about your life like you want to, cream pies and all~
>>
>>17854732
Now you say it lasts 10 years, can it be removed before that? We are 25 so if it has to stay in for 10 that would mean we would probably have to have kids right away as soon as it came out.(Assuming we changed our minds and wanted a kid).

Are there any side effects at all from non hormonal? Like cramping or irritation to the copper?
>>
>>17854730
Also, if you ever do plan / hope to have children, I'd say just avoid the thought of getting snipped.
>>
>>17854749
Yeah, seems to be the consensus here. Guess I'll shelve that idea. I don't think I will. But given that I'm not 100% sure I won't risk it.

Anyone know how well the Rhythm method works with all those apps now?

I know in the past it was a horrible method but I hear it can be pretty damn effective now since we have technology to track things way better. Obviously not on its own but coupled with condoms.
>>
>>17854744
It is your choice when to remove it. I didn't really plan to have children until I was 27+, so that gives me 3 years to spare. (I'm 24, your guys' age)
The hormonal one poses more complications than the copper, non hormonal. The reason the copper one works is because, esentially the fluids inside the uteris slowly desipate the copper, which gives the body the idea that "this uteris is a hostile environment not suited for an egg right now". From what I understand, your egg can still be fertilized, but cannot attach to the uterine wall.
The hormonal one is kind of a 2 in 1 BC. It gives you the benefits of what the pill would, plus the copper of the IUD. But the hormones do not last as long, as they are expended in a matter of 3 years. I did not handle the pill well, so this was not an option for me.

They say to wait a few months after removal before you try to have children. Again, to let the uterus acclimate and heal. From all I've heard, most women have no trouble at all having children after they've removed their IUD. The ones who would have trouble, are those who had a complicated insertion, and had a problem. If you are smart about it, and reasonable, and willing to work with her and understand as she is learning, you should not have a problem at all.
I was happy to give BJs / HJs in the meantime to quell is appetite.
>>
>>17854714
i mean fair enough if that's what you're experiencing, but i wouldn't really trust something like this from "orange county hair restoration". sounds like they have a horse in that race.
>>
>>17854820
Thats fair, I didn't exactly check if it wa a credible source, however I have seen a few people online complain about it. She's gonna schedule an appt with her doc but we can't think of what else it would be and I know other BC certainly can do this to hair.
>>
>>17854764
Hi there anon, I've been using the rhythm method basically since starting my sex life (10 years ago) and I haven't had any problems or scares. It helps that I'm super regular and my boyfriends were always very cooperative with the 'dangerous' days (wearing condoms on these days or just not doing sex at all). Of course I could have fertility problems that I don't know of, but as I don't want children I never worried about it.
If you want to try it as a side contraception with condoms, just have in mind when she's fertile and avoid those days like the plage and you should be ok. If you have any question I'm happy to answer.
>>
>>17854896
How much of a pain is it trying to keep track of everything? How on top of it do you need to be?

Also how is it if you aren't regular? She used to have crazy irregular periods. Like once every other month and super painful sorta thing. But when we first started fooling around before she was on the pill she started having regular periods for about 4 months before she started on the pill which then made them even more regular and light.

I would hope when she quits they will still be regular, we think some of the fooling around helped them become regular, I remember reading that sexual activity can help regulate periods, hormones that spike when you are sexually aroused and stuff and hormones exchanged during kissing and what not. That of course could all be bullshit. All I know is when we started messing around she suddenly started having more regular periods.

Anyway, yeah, if she went back to them being irregular how much of a problem would this cause?
>>
>>17854976
For what I know, periods become more regular as you get older and your hormones get less crazy (after adolescence). If she stops taking the pill there will be an adjustment period where she may or may not be so regular, but that's her natural body hormones getting back to normal. It's a very personal thing, so just keep a close eye on it if you take that route.
>How much of a pain is it trying to keep track of everything? How on top of it do you need to be?
For me it's just remembering when my last menstruation was (the exact date) and just doing some numbers. It also takes knowing your body a lot (the color and consistency of vaginal discharge, how horny you're feeling, if your breast are fuller, stuff like that). Keep in mind I've been on this for very long. For starting up, an movile app and maybe a journal would be good, talking a lot helps also. But I know it's tiresome sometimes and you have to be careful. I know it may not be a method for everyone.
>>
>>17855049
Awesome. Thank you so much for the info.
>>
The copper IUD is not hormonal my nigga. Neither is a cervical cap. Don't get a vasectomy.
>>
>>17855095
Fuck this don't fall for the "rhythm method" meme. Unless your gf is taking her temperature every day there is NO way to tell when she's ovulating. This shit is how thousands of unplanned pregnancies happen, same as the pullout method.
>>
Make her get an UTI. My wife has one nd I can fuck her raw anytime, anywhere.
>>
>>17855160
Are you talking about an UTI as in... an urinary tract infection? Man you're sick as hell
>>
My partner had vasectomy and still got me pregnant somehow, I read that it's not uncommon though. I think the safest option is still birth control or condom. I had doubts about vasectomy from the beginning, better be safe then risky.
>>
>>17854646
Copper IUD. It's not hormonal. It's removable. It won't make your balls explode or your gf's hair fall out. It's more effective than the pill, too.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.