[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is probably the worst site to ask this question but here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download (2).jpg (12KB, 410x123px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
12KB, 410x123px
This is probably the worst site to ask this question but here goes anyway.

What is actually wrong with using autism as an insult?

I'm actually diagnosed with autism and I literally could not give a flying fuck if someone used autism as an insult. I feel like the majority of people who are offended by it are just being offended for other people. I don't really understand what's offensive here.
>>
it's the same with any other insult that implies a group of people are lesser by throwing them under the bus.

calling someone gay as an insult implies that gay people are less. same for autistic people. it implies you are less than average, less than them, less than human. etc.

something that is more acceptable is calling someone a baby. nobody can get offended by that. babies can't defend themselves, and they are literally less than you, because they're stupid little shitbags that can't form sentences yet.
>>
>>17854613
Kek
>>
>>17854581

I got autism and I feel the same way.

It's mostly SJWs trying to virtue signal. Fuck them, I'mm gonna call everyone else an autist just to trigger ever one of those cunts.
>>
>>17854613
Words only mean what you want them to mean. If someone says 'thats gay' they usually just mean 'thats bad' not 'thats bad just like how gay people are bad' people just choose to interpret it that way. Why the fuck should I censor myself because of the fact some people might purposely misinterpret what in trying to say?
>>
>>17854613
this me

but anyway, it's great that it doesn't affect you. that is fine. i don't speak for anyone. i don't speak for the people that get offended, and i don't speak for people with autism or w/e.

but neither do you, and there are plenty of examples of people with autism that are negatively affected by the behaviour. if you could spare the world of some negativity, why wouldn't you?

maybe you just hate everyone, which is fine i guess. but i don't. the world is a shitty place. but i don't want to contribute to that shittiness if i can help it. and if that means just not using slurs or whatever, then i won't do that.

>>17854638
>words only mean what you want them to mean
i mean.. what? we have a dictionary with clearly defined definitions. words mean what they mean. only through long-term incorrect usage do we adapt and change the meaning. doesn't mean it wasn't incorrect at the time.

but anyway, you don't have to censor yourself for whatever reason. personally i choose to use less negative language just so i'm not contributing to how shitty someone somewhere might feel. it's not that big of a deal, i'm not bending over backwards for them. i'd just rather see people happy than sad. i don't know if i've ever seen anyone bring happiness calling someone 'gay' or 'autistic' or 'retarded'
>>
>>17854581
>I'm actually diagnosed with autism

based on the fact that you are able to post here in comprehensible english.....

i seriously doubt you've been diagnosed as autistic, maybe aut-syndrome but not for real, those peeps are seriously messed up

so go troll somewhere else
>>
>>17854652
This is probably a poor analogy here but what I meant is kind of like someone trying to speak another language and accidentally saying 'fuck you' instead of 'thank you' but you knowing what they were trying to say. Even though he said 'fuck you' he actually meant 'thank you' so it would be silly to get offended over. I hope this makes sense.

>>17854661
Lol nice try buddy
>>
>>17854684
i mean i guess that analogy makes sense, but doesn't apply. surely once you're told that it means 'fuck you', you stop using it? sure it's fine to be understanding and not get offended by it, but it's also fine to point out that it's rude even if they might not be aware.

if you know something hurts people (and yes, i know there are people that pretend to be hurt, but there are also people that genuinely get hurt), why not stop doing it? for your freedom of speech? you can insult people without throwing disadvantaged groups under the bus. sure, you can't insult people with quite as much variety as before but.. why do you want to insult people anyway? it doesn't prove anything in an argument, so is it just for fun? if it is, then fair play to you, i can see why you wouldn't care about hurting people in general i suppose.
>>
>>17854638
Stop being such a nigger
>>
>>17854613
nigger works too
>>
>>17854613
But some people are hypersensitive though and completely ignore context. You mention some buzzwords and these people start forcing an evil archetype on you regardless of your intent. You haven't even finished talking yet, but they completely zone out after hearing certain keywords and automatically labeled you as being evil, bigoted, etc. It doesn't matter if you've done charity, helped people out a lot, or did things that are completely against the archetype they're trying to fit you it into, they force you to fit their view of the person they assume you are. On the flipside, the same hypersensitive people won't hesitate to freely fling insults at other people.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.