[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend hates that I'm a weeb and gets mad at me for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2704.jpg (35KB, 400x615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2704.jpg
35KB, 400x615px
My girlfriend hates that I'm a weeb and gets mad at me for watching anime and the like.
Like now she's not even talking to me because I told her I'm watching perfect blue while she's out running errands.
How do I resolve this problem? I care about her but I don't feel like my enjoying anime is a legitimate problem.
>>
Why does she dislike you watching anime?

Does she
1) feel you are watching it too much and ignoring her

2) feel that anime is pathetic and looks down on you for it

One of the two options is a fixable problem but the other one really isn't
>>
>>17854502
your gf is embarrassed. I would be too. Stop being such a weeb
>>
>>17854502
My guess is that she thinks you're watching anime instead of being productive
Do you pull your weight when it comes to chores and shit that needs to get done? Maybe she's not mad at because you like anime, but rather because anime is preventing you from doing better things
>>
Be upfront about it and get it over with, tell her that it's your hobby and that you watched anime before you met her so you're not gonna stop watching it
If she doesn't like the fact that you watch it them it's her fucking problem, make it clear to her that you feel this way
>>
Why would you tell your woman you're sitting around watching children's cartoons?

>Hey bby wyd
>Nm just watching japanese cartoons
>cool...
>Thinks "wtf am I doing dating this beta faggot."

Next time tell her this:
>wyd bby boi
>Just doing some pushups
>ooooh nice <3 can't wait to c u bby

Numales are cancer.
>>
>>17854558
>lying about your hobbies to impress girlfriend
>not beta as fuck
>>
>>17854562
You're right, watching anime is better lololol.

I'm not hating on anime, it's just stupid to tell it to a woman and expect her to feel anything but disgrace. Women don't want to date weebs, sorry to tell you. The ones that do weigh 300 pounds and hang out at the mall, ya can't miss em.
>>
>>17854570
I've met girls who enjoy anime and shit and not all of them are obese shut ins. In fact I know women who are pretty and play games like WoW or grew up watching Toonami etc.

Of course this doesn't' apply to Stacey Tinderella but not everyone wants to date her anyways.
>>
>>17854570
Anime is considered cool now, as long as it's not harem school big tits 9

You just have to be comfortable with yourself and cool in other areas
>>
File: 1480249840997.jpg (110KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1480249840997.jpg
110KB, 440x440px
stop watching anime
>>
Women know they wont ever be able to compete with 2d girls so they feel instantly intimidated
>>
>>17854502
As long as you're not watching moeshit or sword art online then I see no problem.
My girlfriend loves anime. I gor her into jojo
>>
>>17855818
>jojotard being an elitist
Not even surprised
>>
>>17855836
>Triggered SAO fan
>>
Maybe watch it with her. Perfect blue is a great movie. Attempt to convince her it's just another art medium.
>>
>>17854502

Could it be that she's not against what you watch, but how you watch it?

If you watch an anime on the weekend to relax after doing everything that needs doing to prepare for the next week, that really shouldn't be a problem.

If you're watching anime when you should be doing other things, then that could be the real source of the conflict.

If the list of things you intend to do at the start of the day is consistantly left with things on it at the end because you're rewarding yourself with anime before you really should, or if instead, your list starts small because you're leaving yourself plenty of free time to watch anime, then your gf might have a legitimate problem with your viewing habits.

I was the same way with video games. I hadn't had a gf for most of my life, and I used vidya to fill up my day and distract myself from my loneliness. Once I had a gf, my vidya habits didn't change themselves. I still played way too much, and if I'm being honest, often viewed much of the rest of my life as obstacles in the way of my nect vidya binge.

I only saw that I had a problem when I decided to stop playing for a month and suddenly had SO MUCH time to do everthing I struggled to get done while nursing my vidya habit.

Maybe you're not me, OP. But still I hope you can use this post to see that the WAY a person enjoys something can be more disruptive than which particular something a person enjoys.
>>
>>17854518
>your gf is embarrassing.

this desu
>>
Its ok to have your passions. But if youre a full on weeaboo, u need 2 check urself b4 u rek urself.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.