[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The irony that if you kill yourself you'll bring your fear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: HousePain.gif (991KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
HousePain.gif
991KB, 500x279px
The irony that if you kill yourself you'll bring your fear of meaningless after death to reality. How does one deal with an existential crisis? I've had this on my mind for years but there's nothing I can do.
>>
Any wise anons?
>>
>>17854559
You continue to live on until you find meaning in it.

The "meaning of Life" is to live as you would, and you never will unless you try your goddamn hardest to

If you see no meaning in that, then simply die
>>
>>17854497
It's best to figure it out on your own that way a personal meaning is attached to your existence (more potent)

But I would suggest reading about existentialist philosophers to get some idea

My top 3
Sartre
Nietzsche
Camus
>>
>>17854571
I try to give my life meaning but it always just seems like it will never have meaning anyway.

>>17854572
I'll look into them but so far everything just seems pointless becasue everything will be destroyed at some point.
>>
>>17854584
>I'll look into them but so far everything just seems pointless becasue everything will be destroyed at some point.

Definitely read into them lol
>>
>>17854594
Did I say something ironic? kek
>>
>>17854584
You yourself do not give your own life meaning, you stumble upon it and realize "this is something worth living for"

Imagine the sense of awe when you hold your newborn child in your arms, or when in the midst of thousands of like-minded people raising their voice in chous with each other.

Your sense of self is getting in the way of your sense of worth. In the grand scheme of things YES everthing we make or build may eventually be destroyed, but isn't that all the more reason to relish the chance you've been given, to at LEAST TRY and live a happy and fulfilling life? Don't you owe yourself at least that much?
>>
>>17854627
I honestly really want to be happy, but I hate myself to be honest. I will try though in spite of this. Thank you Anon.
>>
File: 1478466465432.png (82KB, 388x402px) Image search: [Google]
1478466465432.png
82KB, 388x402px
>>17854627
Not op but I really needed that.

Thank you, wise anon.
>>
>>17854497
existential crisis comes from "i cant do it" not " i wanna do it all". youre lieing to your self.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.