[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it important for a serious girlfriend/potential wife to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

Is it important for a serious girlfriend/potential wife to have hobbies?

My current girlfriend is kind, and she cooks well and is neat and tidy, and loyal. Those are really good qualities. But she's very ... boring. She doesn't have hobbies, aside from watching TV and movies/shows on Netflix. When we talk, I usually talk and she is enraptured and is so interested in what happened to me today, what I think, what I did. I just wish she could sometimes provide some conversation, aside from what character in Games of Thrones killed whom.

Has anyone ever dated someone boring?
>>
>>17854224
She sounds like my fucking dream girl.

What's her number?

No, but seriously....that's a gift from God. If she's attractive you should wife her up immediately. She will be a huge asset to building your empire.
>>
>>17854230
Okay, of course she is a good asset, but it would be nice to have a normal conversation with her too

Like I say something
Then she says something
Then I say something
Then she says something
Etc
>>
>>17854238
Sounds like you're communicating with her incorrectly.

The proper way to communicate with women:
>Ask her questions, get her talking about her nostalgic memories, her passions, her interests, whatever. Most girls aren't interesting.
>Make sure she's doing 80-90% of the talking. Ask questions about her answers to your questions
>Eventually she'll open up to you and communicate deeper subjects with you
>Slowly get closer and closer to her until you end up inside her.

That's about it, m8. Post pics of your gf.
>>
>>17854224
She sounds really boring. Problem is, most girls with hobbies and intelligence are kind of fucked up.

It's really up to you whether you want an equal partner or a submissive wife.
>>
>>17854252
Most boys are really boring too. In fact, most people are.
>>
>>17854224

This >>17854262. As far as I am concerned, it's not worth it.

>>17854267

No shit. Then again, same goes for my answer.
>>
>>17854277
> it's not worth it.
It is for me. Personally I like talking to my SO, and I feel that if they can put up with my bullshit, I can put up with theirs, but it's up to the individual.
>>
>>17854252
but I already know her fundamental values and beliefs. We're already in a committed relationship based on that. At this point, I want to have normal day to day conversations, like did anything interesting happen today?
Even something like this
> Omg honey did you know that today ...? Blah blah blah :3
Blah blah blah can be
> My garden's squashes ripened
> My horse did a jump
> We learned a turn in ballet
> I painted a tree
> This thing happened in a book I read

Something, anything

>>17854262
That's the problem. A lot of interesting girls have, perhaps, stronger personalities, and are not as sweet or agreeable. I don't like having to choose between these two things
>>
>>17854287

Sounds like OPs girl is dumb. Settling for a dumb girl is still settling.
>>
>>17854289
>> This thing happened in a book I read
How is this different than tv, movies?
>>
>>17854289
Sweetness I associate with naivete and being not particularly intelligent. The hard edgedness of intelligent/well read/politically aware girls probably stems from the same place as it does for boys; a general hopelessness about the world and humanity.

The simple/sweet/naive shtick are not things I want or need in a partner, but it's up to you. It seems like you're leaning towards to 'submissive wife' angle above, so if that's what you want, go for it.

Also if she can't even have a normal day to day conversation though, she's probably beyond naive and mediocre intelligence to genuine idiocy.
>>
>>17854262
Submissive wife is the answer.

Fuck a partner. I dated a girl for four years. At first she was submissive, then she became obsessed with the idea of becoming a bioligist. Next thing I know she's stressed about her science classes, never in the mood for sex because she has to study, and is constantly tired and moody due to all the testosterone being produced by her new lifestyle.

Listen to me, dude. A submissive house wife is a fucking gift from the gods. don't waste it.

Unless she's ugly, dump her. If she's pretty, you got it made in the shade.
>>
>>17854307

Books do tend to be deeper than movies, but in the end it's just another form of escapism after a certain point.
>>
>>17854307
1. I think reading is a little deeper, because there are tons of words and you can analyze and think about lots of things.

2. I'm not against TV. I watch TV and movies too. I just think that only watching TV shouldn't count as a hobby.
>>
>>17854297
I certainly never would, but some men don't like being challenged or equaled in their partnerships.
>>
>>17854314
Do you browse /r/ The Red Pill as well?
>>
>>17854317

Petty little men gonna petty little men.
>>
>>17854316
>1. I think reading is a little deeper, because there are tons of words and you can analyze and think about lots of things.

Just to add to this - it's a huge factor academically, especially for meaningless tests (that play a huge part in your future) like the SATs.

There is a point of diminishing returns though. I recommend Moore's "Art is Magic" rant - basically in the sense that books, movies, games, etc can all affect us dramatically.

It's just rare as you grow up. Anyway, just wanted to clarify since I discounted books a bit in my earlier post.
>>
>>17854311
I don't think she's retarded. I think she's insecure and unsure, and that leads to an inability to articulate strong thoughts or opinions.

I just wish she could get a hobby. Even an escapism hobby. Even something silly like Harry Potter or whatever the new fad is nowadays
>>
>>17854335
> insecure and unsure
That's always going to be an issue. Ain't nothing you can do to prop up that shit.
>>
But I know lots of people start hobbies as an adult. I want get her to start a hobby
>>
>>17854348
That's not the news I wanted to hear
>>
>>17854358
Take it from a femanon, they're right. I've watched numberous friends try to get their confidence from men, and it never works. She either figures it out for herself (confidence and the like) or continues being an insecure mess forever.
>>
>>17854366
Damn it
>>
>>17854370
If you do want the submissive house wife, then go for it though. I'm not one to stop anyone doing anything.
>>
>>17854224

its different for everyone. some people dont want for more. some do. some want for more on their own and dont need their partner to on top of that.

some people need a partner who is just as busy as they are. some people need a partner who acts as a sidekick and is always there when they ARENT busy.

sounds like you want something more.
>>
>>17854381
What is your obsession with a submissive housewife? I just said my girlfriend is kind and sweet and loyal, and knows basic home economics. I don't want a submissive robot. I want the same girlfriend, but who is more lively and interesting in day to day conversation.
>>
>>17854403
Not only me saying it? You're having conversations with different people dude.

Is she employed/in study and the like?
>>
>>17854417
Okay, that's fair. It's just that I don't want a submissive housewife. Maybe some men really like that, but it doesn't have the same appeal to me. I know how to do laundry and cook too, and it's a pleasure for me to do it too.

She's currently unemployed, but she has a university degree. I don't mind if she becomes a housewife, if she wants to be. But when I see housewives, it seems better to be gainfully employed doing something interesting, like playing the piano or painting or having a book club. Not just watching TV and random YouTube videos
>>
>>17854430
If you want my honest opinion, the fact that you're posting on here at all means you're having serious doubts.

Have you tried suggesting books/activities/hobbies and the like?
>>
>>17854440
Yes, of course. I've been taking her to a variety local music and dance shows, to see if she gets hooked on any of them. It didn't work.

I think she can potentially get a real hobby, because I know she has shown interests in fad diets. One month it was intermittent fasting. Then she ate Nutella with everything. Then she did keto. Now she has been into making smoothies and raw fruits and vegetables. If only that energy could be channeled
>>
>>17854482
> a real hobby
>fad diets
You seem to have a different idea of hobby to me
>>
>>17854488
By hobby, I mean a thing that you do for a long period time, that you find interesting, and can be a source of conversation.

If I don't talk, then we don't do anything except be silent and cuddle. Silence is fine. But her silence is because she has literally nothing to say besides
> Anon, you're amazing
> I love you!
> I want to be with you, my love

I think I would even be okay with hearing about the Game of Thrones people if she actually read the book series, rather than only the TV show
>>
>>17854488
So about the fad diets. If she stuck to any of those diets for more than a few weeks, that would count as a hobby in my eyes, because she could talk about it and how it's affecting her and what she cooks to fulfill those diets. It could be the source of a lot of conversation

But she just hops from one diet to another, so we never really know the effect of any one particular diet
>>
>>17854498
Look, what answer are you looking for?
It seems like she doesn't satisfy you in this regard, and probably never will (you haven't said how old you and she are, but if she has a degree at least mid 20s, and if she hasn't picked up a hobby or a desire to have opinions on things by now, she probably never will).'

The question then becomes, can you make up for the gap with friends or family, and thus have the relationship as one of you looking after one another in different ways but not really connecting on an intellectual level, or if you need that kind of intimacy and interest in your SO as well.
>>
>>17854514
> if she hasn't picked up a hobby or a desire to have opinions on things by now, she probably never will

We're both in our mid 20s. But I don't believe it's too late to get new hobbies. You hear about 50 year olds who suddenly become marathon runners or go to college and start a new career.

I'm thinking of proposing to her. Or rather, we've been doing long enough that I need to decide whether to continue to marriage or let her go. I don't know. I've never met a couple that wasn't able to connect on even a basic intellectual level, except maybe people who ordered their wives through the mail. I guess I'll have to decide whether I can have a wife whom I don't connect on an intellectual level, but whom I like for her kindness and sweetness.
>>
>>17854543
>50 year olds who suddenly become marathon runners
It's very rare and thus newsworthy. The easiest hobby you could suggest her taking up is reading, since it's pretty easy and free (if you have a library nearby).
>I'm thinking of proposing to her.
How long have you been dating? Mid 20s is still quite early to get married. If you're bored now, imagine what it'll be like when you're in your 70s. But, don't let an anonymous message board convince you to break up a good relationship.

Tell me, did you ever have that real 'wow' moment with her, you know the one when you realise you're in love?

I just ask out of curiosity, because I personally couldn't have a LTR or even really fall in love with someone who didn't engage me intellectually.
>>
>>17854554
Not really. I've felt the "love" spark with other girlfriends, but not with her.

On the other hand, my other girlfriend were to be honest, either bitchy or cheaters. This girl is the first loyal and pleasant person I've dated. It's a quality I've come to value
>>
>>17855480
Seems like you're seriously revaluating this. But ultimately, it's your choice.
>>
>>17854224
>Has anyone ever dated someone boring?
Dear baby Jesus, in the name of everything that is holy, why would anybody do that? I get dating a girl that isn't as pretty as you could get or as successful but boring? That shit won't end well. Try to introduce her to your hobbies and make actually sure if consuming media is really all she enjoys beyond cooking.

>>17854262
>>17854267
You both confuse "doesn't have interesting enough hobbies/knowledge for me" with "being boring." It's a subjective shit that tells more about yourself if you think that most people are boring.

>>17854311
> a general hopelessness about the world and humanity
Nigger, no. Stop this smart people are depressed - meme.
>>
>>17855540
Not that person, but I think most people are moderately depressed.
>>
>>17854224
It is ultimately up to you.

You won't find a girlfriend who is a 10/10 in every single aspect and has no flaws. Deal with it.
I personally cannot think of dating someone who is not interesting intellectually and isn't my best friend, you might be able to do so.

Take some time for yourself and reflect.
>>
>>17855577
You probably confuse some level of pessimism with moderate depression.
>>
This girl sounds like me. And I hate myself because if it - I really fear my boyfriend getting tired of me. I'm already shy, insecure and afriad to express myself.

The thing is though, that my boyfriend doesn't engage with me, about me or interesting topics. He'll monologue about himself or tell me about what he did that day, and I'll ask him about it and be interested.

If I talk about myself and experiences he isn't interested, and if he does listen he will change the subject straight away instead of asking questions.

I feel like I want to have more meaningful conversations, but I don't know how... I would have to bring something up completely from the blue, and the few times I've done that he hasn't seemed interested.

Basically OP, try to show your interest in her opinions and experiences with things, ask her why she feels that way about things and this should help her feel more interesting, and thus more secure and likely to share. Trust me, she will know there is a disconnect and will feel more insecure because of it.
>>
>>17854224
Oh god were is she and give it to me

A kind women and one who is legit impressed of you for having an argument with the asian storekeeper

This is not sarcasm, you are homosexual
>>
Most girls don't have hobbies or interests m8. My gf is really, really smart, and we can have deep conversations about people and emotions, but other than that we just joke around. Girls just aren't into the same shit guys are. That's what your guy friends are for.
>>
Women don't typically have actual hobbies, I would say less than 5% of women I have met have had a real skill or interest they really cared about.

So that's the best you should be hoping for really. Your male friends are there for interesting conversation.
>>
>>17854224
Why would you date anyone for long term that you don't have common interests with? Girlfriend should be at least as interesting as a good friend, otherwise you have just a fuck buddy. Even those are sometimes friends first.

I would never date a man who has only stereotypical male interests where he doesn't create anything new. Like watching football and drinking. It is bad enough if a person limits their choices to gender cliches but if they are not even creative about that, like doing crafts or inventing, I see no point in talking to them at all.
>>
>>17854317
>t. White Knight
Seriously. I like dating the smartest girls I can. I regret to this day having turned down the one girl who was interested and more capable than I am in my field because she wasn't thin enough-- just because it would have been interesting, even if it didn't last. But I don't want someone to fight with. I value intellect because it gives me more respect for the girl and allows us to have deeper and more complex conversations. And also because it makes it more likely that I will learn new and valuable information from her, meet more interesting new friends, etc. It isn't about being challenged. I don't date people who fight with me constantly or judge me negatively on a frequent basis.
>>
>>17854332
>the SAT is meaningless
Nice meme. It's very highly correlated with IQ, future income, marriage prospects, academic success (though GPA is a better predictor here), life expectancy, etc....
>>
>>17854224
>Is it important for a serious girlfriend/potential wife to have hobbies?
it is essential
>>
>>17854224
>my girlfriend is boring and has no interests
>no those don't count i mean REAL interests
>>
>>17858886

I did poorly on my SAYs and GPA and I'm making 150k a year flying helicopters. It doesn't mean shit other than motivation.
>>
>>17854314
Submissive doesn't mean she has to be passive and lazy. I don't get why people want submissive women, would understand that a woman should be laid back and chill, but submissive? Just buy yourself robots that do all the work.
>>
>>17856488
Exhibit A: women like to talk about themselves and their feelings frequently and in considerable detail. Note for future reference.
>>
>>17859113
That's kind of cool actually. Mine were both perfect and I make 300k trading derivatives. Your case is unusual, but yeah I agree motivation is the most important.
>>
>>17859044
This. your girlfriend has interests. They aren't ones you care about, but they're still interests.
>>
File: snerk.jpg (70KB, 250x366px) Image search: [Google]
snerk.jpg
70KB, 250x366px
>>17854224
walk away from the assumption that you're interesting, first of all.

and second, how long have you been dating? long enough to know about her other interests?
>>
>>17855480
>On the other hand, my other girlfriend were to be honest, either bitchy or cheaters. This girl is the first loyal and pleasant person I've dated.

This is the first time you're getting at the crux of your problem. Reality is that you very likely have to choose between pleasant/agreeable/loyal and exciting/bitchy/cheater.

My advice, get your stimulation from out in the world. Get good at bringing her along to activities you find stimulating if you want her to be involved in fun stuff. At home, focus on creating a pleasant, stable, atmosphere for family stuff.
>>
>>17854267
Not really, go kill yourself, slut.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.