[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Struggling with Excel. I have a table with an uneven amount of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: excelterror.png (31KB, 1309x351px) Image search: [Google]
excelterror.png
31KB, 1309x351px
Struggling with Excel.
I have a table with an uneven amount of data points for each date.

Date fields are formatted as "Short Date".
Data fields are formatted as "General".

As you can see, the line chart doesn't reflect it properly: the x-axis is equidistant for each datapoint. Instead, I would like to have the x-axis equidistant for each date and I have already set it to "Date axis". Some dates have more data points and they should be shown in the same "date area".

A scatter plot doesn't help me much either - I can't even get the x-axis to show the right dates.

Do you know what I can do?
>>
>>17852017

are you trying to switch the x and Y axis? you can just change what data points you want to use for each axis can't you?
>>
>>17852024

nevermind I looked at your screencap again, would removing the in between points with no date affect your graph? Not in the chart itself but for your plot cells, thats the only way I could thing of that might change that
>>
File: goal.png (10KB, 604x305px) Image search: [Google]
goal.png
10KB, 604x305px
>>17852024
no, the x-axis should be date, and y-axis data.

see pic, this is what i'm trying to achieve.
equidistant dates, blanks for no dates, and the equidistant distribution of data points for a date.
>>
>>17852030
actually, the "in-between points" belong to the current date. so 04.12. has 3 data points for example
>>
can you not just plot the individual data points then run the line through them? aside from labelling the dates with a sunscripr a b and c or something i'm out of ideas
>>
>>17852073
that's what's happening in the first line chart and it skews the trend line. it's just a wrong representation because on some dates there's a lot more happening than on others
>>
Create a new x-axis with equidistant dates. Such as each day/weekday/week. Then do a lookup or paste of the data. For dates with no data, take the previous one.
>>
>>17852094
What I meant by this is, create a new range of cells, one day scale, and use that as the x axis after you map that to your y axis data.
>>
File: current.png (34KB, 1316x356px) Image search: [Google]
current.png
34KB, 1316x356px
>>17852094
>>17852097
i'll try your idea in a sec.

here's what i did now (see pic).
i only filled the empty date cells with the correct dates. it seems to work... i don't really want the points to stack like that when there are more available, but it gets me so much closer to the goal now...
>>
>>17852047

You need to space out your data if you want to space out your graph.

Find the month with the most number of data points. All months must have enough space between them to fit that many data points, even if you have fewer than that many for a particular month.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.