[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are good ways to handle a street fight, being outnumbered,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1481626447315.jpg (15KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1481626447315.jpg
15KB, 200x300px
What are good ways to handle a street fight, being outnumbered, or someone looking to fight?
Bonus points for non-lethal methods.
>>
>>17851993
Are you asking this because you're in this situation?
>>
>>17851993
Deescalation. Most fights can be simply prevented by words.
>>
>>17852019
Nope, just a hypothetical. I think hearing from people with experience is helpful in preparing someone for an unexpected scuffle.
>>
>>17852026
If that doesn't work, pressure points generally disable people without serious long term repercussions (I have a black belt)
>>
running away
running away way before you get outnumbered
knock out a fucker in your escape rout and run away

you cannot win a fight unless you are trained and they arent, you still might lose it

real life isnt a jackie chan movie
>>
>>17851993
>being outnumbered
Keep moving and make your goal to escape the situation rather than confront a group. Do everything in your power not to escalate (throw a punch first etc)

>guy looking to start a fight
Calm the situation and avoid the fight. Learning a martial art is a good backup but should never be a first resort
>>
Deescalation and running away is worthless advice.
>>
>>17852057
Explain. What makes them worthless in these situations? What's are better methods to you?
>>
>>17852067
Try running away in closed space with someone who's trying to fight blocking the door, or when with someone that can't run away for whatever reason. And good luck talking someone determined or drunk out of bashing your face in.
>>
A lot of people are suggesting de-escalation, but if that's no longer an option, hit hard and quickly. Sturnum punches are effective no matter the opponent if you get it right. Other than that try not to got to ground or let them surround you. Most untrained people swing horizontally so keep your arms up to intercept punches.
>>
>>17852078
>they are blocking the door
Talk them down

>they are drunk
Run, if they're so drunk they can be reasoned with they probably can't run well either.

0/10
>>
>>17852031
Sure you do. Made of leather with a silver buckle.
>>
>>17851993
If you were good enough to actually do anything other than run, you wouldn't be asking about it here
>>
>>17852086
That's what we do around here nowadays, huh? We regurgitate the next best thing we can remember and when we're told our non-specific flat advice doesn't apply we come up with bullshit and excuses. What's the next step? Anger?
>>
>>17852114
>Asking for thoughts is a cry for help
What are you getting at?
>>
>>17852136
How do you want a more specific advice if the situation was so general?
>>
>>17852148
Why are you projecting? I just said that you wouldn't be able to apply any of the things here (aside from running) if you haven't done any martial arts, and if you have, you'd be better of asking your trainer
>>
>>17852080

most people won't know how to hit the sternum hard enough to cause a good effect

Keeping your guard, hands flat to your temples, with closed elbows will already protect a good portion of your body. Hand to the top/back of your head and elbow to the chin will protect mostly your face, leaving your forehead mostly unprotected, but if you move around you're likely to hurt someone aiming for your chin that will hit your elbow with an unprotected hand. If anyone tries to kick you, put your knee on their way. I had a guy probably break his foot on my knee during a belt exam

Also throw very straight punches to the nose and chin, a good hit there will at least make a person dizzy, even if you punch like a girl

Souce: muay thai red (second) belt, not a badass at all, pretty bad at it, but those tips will already make you go a long way in any fight with someone without any experience
>>
>>17852150
see >>17852169
lmao
>>
>>17852201
It can work in 1vs1, if your opponent is a complete beginner (people who start street fights usually had some before) and is pretty useless when outnumbered.
>>
>>17852153
Who's to say that someone couldn't apply fundamental techniques to their own fighting, let alone take the time to learn the martial art in its entirety?
It seems you're trying to say that I can't take anything from a martial artist here because you believe I haven't had any experience myself.
Also I could of course have a chat with a trainer, but I came here for people from different backgrounds.
>>
>>17852213

No advice other than "graduate in martial arts" and "run" will work when outnumbered. Either that or carry a gun or knife to have a chance.

Anything other than that is royal bullshit
>>
>>17852222
I think that's what people are trying to tell OP.
>>
>>17852222
Nice quads
>>
>>17852232

Sure. My advice above was the best you can do in those situations: defend your body the best you can, while trying to passively cause some damage

Being outnumbered even by 1 is a huge disadvantage, it's double the number of hits that can land, double the move cadence for the other side, and so on. I've hear of muay thai black belts that have been in 1 x many fights, and even though they dropped a lot of folks, they still got hurt BAD, as far as having to put titanium plates on the skull

So nothing will save you from being outnumbered, other than running or a gun
>>
>>17852214
If it was that easy everyone would do it. What you need is probably Krav Maga, the aim of which is exactly that: to combine the best techniques of each style to make the most effective portfolio
>>
If you're out numbered, run.
It just takes a distraction, and a guys got you in a bear hug or otherwise holding part of you.
Then you're getting hammered by 1+ guys that are pissed because you tried to fight. And they will keep hitting you, over and over, doing serious damage.

I'm terrified of being held whilst people beat me down, because you're just helpless and it can so easily kill you/fuck you up permantly.

If you absolutely have to fight outnumbered - hit hard and first, try to take someone out of the fight at least for a little bit.
Swing and hard elbow to the face/head - you could well kill someone doing this.
Scream your head off, it'll startle most people - even trained people.
Step away from the guy you've just hit, and try to kick the next guy in the balls.

At the first chance, leg it like fuck.

I've been a few situations like this, and i can just say it was pure dumb luck that i got away with it.

However, if you pull it off, you'll be a badass god in most people's eyes.

Also - they aren't going to let it go, so if you ever see them again or they know how to find you, they will come back with more friends, or a fucking knife and then you're dead.

If it needs to be said - as soon as there's any chance of a knife or weapon being pulled - run.
>>
>>17851993
Fight dirty.... gouge eyes, crush balls, collapse throats. Go for the weak points. There is no honor in a street fight. Honor is a weakness.
>>
>>17852026

This.

Even if you know how to fight, you never know if the other side has a gun or knife, until it is too late.

t. martial artist.
>>
>>17852038
totally this

street fights are not the movies, somebody will hit you from behind & they will all gang up on you

if you're lucky you'll wake up in the hospital after laying on the street for a few hours before somebody felt sorry for your dumb ass and called the police
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.