[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gf and I started gaining weight when we started dating.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1899.jpg (52KB, 720x464px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1899.jpg
52KB, 720x464px
My gf and I started gaining weight when we started dating.

She called it comfort weight and we're still comfortable around each other, but she's managed to work hard to lose a lot of her gained weight but I'm struggling with mine.

The fact that she's managed to visibly lose weight is making me really self conscious about myself around her. I trust her, but I'm starting to be disgusted by my figure.

Can anything give any advice on losing weight fast?

I want to try to show by at least 1 month from now. I don't want my gf dating a fat shit, I don't want to make her look bad when she introduces me in front of her friends. I want to do this as much for her as it I do for me.

Please help /adv/

Pic unrelated.
>>
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

its honestly so easy to lose weight as a male im disappointed that this wasnt a 'my gf is a whale now how do i convince her to lose weight' thread. eat less and only ever drink water, dont even need to exercise if ur the lazy blob i assume u are
>>
https://www.amazon.com/The-Every-Other-Day-Diet-That-Weight/dp/1401324932 I needed to lose around 20 lb and started doing this diet. Basically every other day you only eat 500 calories. It sucks ass the first week, but you drop weight pretty fast.
>>
AWOOOOOGA AWOOOOOOGA
>>
>>17851798
Fill up on vegetables before eating anything else. Then a small portion of low-fat meat. Minimal carbs, minimal fats except olive oil and low-fat salad dressing etc. Count calories stringently. Keep below 1400/day. Do not drink anything containing calories (take calcium supplements instead of milk)-- that includes alcohol.
Power-walk 1 hour on a treadmill or outside if it's warm if you prefer, every other day = 300-400 cal burned. This is optional but will help a little. Most weight will be lost through just diet though -- it's much easier to avoid calories than to burn them off.
1 pound of fat is 3000 calories burned or avoided. Not so much.
You can safely lose about 10 pounds per month.
I lost 40 pounds in 4-5 months doing this. It's not even hard. Your dietary preferences shift and your stomach shrinks as you continue with the habit, so you end up eating healthier and feeling fuller than in the very beginning.
You can ease into it, too. 2000 today, 1900 tomorrow ... 1400 after a few days and stay there. If you can get below 1200 you'll go a lot faster, but it gets difficult. I don't recommend lower than that unless you are a girl or taking a lot of vitamins and protein shakes.
>>
>>17851819
>eat less
>drink more water
That's what I've been doing, but as of 3 months ago I've been working full time in a job which has me sitting in a chair 8 days a week.

>>17851920
I'll look into this more, thanks anon. Just the diet? I don't need to work out and stuff?
>>
>>17851920
I forgot: drink a full glass of water first, every time you think you feel hungry. Half the time you were just thirsty anyway. The other half, you will be somewhat fuller and end up eating less. It's win/win.
Also, if you want dessert, you can have dessert: just one small bite or two. I used to make a slice of cheesecake last a week. Savor it, eat very slowly. You'll enjoy it as much as you would have enjoyed the whole thing. Just psychology.
>>
>>17851822
>>17851924
Thanks guys.
>>
>>17851921
I didn't do any exercise at first. Then I started treadmill walking. Then I got busy with work and stopped again, but ate slightly fewer calories. It balanced out. I felt better when I exercised, and I do a lot more consistently now, but it isn't required: you'll just have to cut another 400 cal each time you skip it to compensate if you don't want to. You should probably at least try it first for a few weeks though. And again later when you've gotten thinner and can move more easily. You might like it.
Also, weigh yourself daily or every couple days. You will literally see differences by the week if you can get below 1200-1400 consistently.
But: you MUST count accurately. Fat people are notorious liars. All studies show fat people who can't lose weight are simply lying about how much they eat. I'm not kidding, look it up.
If you need any extra motivation, just think how much better fucking your gf will be when you are in shape. That might even get you into lifting haha.
>>
>>17851930
Btw this was over 10 yrs ago.
Never gained back anything
Every time it looks like my abs might be getting less defined, I cut with vegetables for a few weeks until they go back to normal. Very easy self-check.
>>
>>17851798
DNP.
>>
>>17851798
>losing weight fast
So you want the secret that the weight loss industry doesn't want you to know?

Seriously though, go over to /fit/ and read the sticky. Summary:
- Eat less than you consume
- Work out so you don't just end up being skinnyfat
>>
>>17851920
Unless you are seriously overweight, doing more than 500kcal below maintenance will cause you to lose muscle mass more than fat.
>>
>>17851798
Go for one meal a day with no snacking or extremely unhealthy stuff.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.