[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does un-hireable mean? I just put in my 2 week notice after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: cna-careers.jpg (439KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
cna-careers.jpg
439KB, 900x900px
What does un-hireable mean? I just put in my 2 week notice after working witht he same company for 6+ years. My supervisor said she will have to put me down as un-hireable once I gave her the paper. Only thing I got written down on was not bringing my radio for 1 day; which I had and ED corrected.
>>
>>17851589

it means they wont hire you. many companies have different reasons, but most find it odd to up and quit and then try to come back for whatever reason.
>>
>>17851597
This.
That being said if a company is going to put you on that list after a 2-week notice, you shouldnt ever want to come back to that company. That's fucking horrible.

I got put on an non-hire list after putting in my two weeks at a call center and having to call in sick on one of those days, and they just told me "Nah, you're fired for that. Don't ever apply again."
>>
I've even signed up to work 6 days a week to cover shifts since we are missing a few people. I was delaying my leave since spring as people kept leaving.
>>
>>17851606
Is there a chance they will allow me to cash out my PTO? Have 120+. I tried to use up more during the year.
>>
>>17851641
Check your employee handbook.
Last company I worked for was fucking awesome but strictly did not cash out PTO upon termination or resignation. Which was a bummer because I had about 80 hours banked, had only taken a single sick day the entire year.
>>
>>17851644
Guess it's time to pray that I don't get fired in these 2 weeks.

"To the extent allowable under state and local laws, an associate who fails to give the requested
resignation notice is not eligible for payment of accrued and unused PTO hours. To the extent
allowable under state and local laws, an associate who is involuntarily terminated for cause (defined as
any reason other than voluntary resignation), has not earned and is not eligible for payment of accrued
and unused PTO hours. Associates who involuntarily terminate their employment due to a company
initiated reduction-in-force will receive payment of accrued and unused PTO hours with their final
paycheck, in accordance with the PTO Payout Table."
>>
>>17851657
You put in your 2 weeks so you have in fact given the requested resignation notice.
Just keep showing up on time and doing your job for two weeks and it sounds like you'll get your PTO cashout.
If they fire you arbitrarily it'll be super easy to sue them for unemployment, and they know that, so it's really unlikely.
>>
Thank you for all the advice :D
>>
>>17851589
Ask her why you're not eligible for rehire, come back and tell us. I've worked for companies that don't rehire on general principle (which is shitty, counts as a bad reference if future employers ask). In the future, use all your PTO at the last minute, put your notice in and if they give you some shit about not being rehireable, just up and quit.
>>
>>17851641
dude, if you have 3 weeks off, just use all your pto back to back and then put in your 2 weeks
>>
>>17851691
>>17851695

I tried, used up 40 all year. But with shortage of night shift workers on the last half of the year it was hard to use the last 120.
>>
>>17851703
you considered lying to your boss about a family emergency? they're legally required to let you have the time
>>
>>17851589
go to HR and ask them
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.