[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here know how to get kids to do homework/learn? My 5 year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1479563298354.jpg (45KB, 447x604px) Image search: [Google]
1479563298354.jpg
45KB, 447x604px
Anyone here know how to get kids to do homework/learn? My 5 year old half-sister is apparently going to be held back in kindergarten.

I recently moved in with my Dad and his family because I couldn't afford to live on my own anymore. So, part of the expectations of living here is to raise their daughter. My college semester just ended, so I have a month off until it starts again, other than that I just work part-time.

Here are some things I've noticed when I try to get her to do homework. 1. She doesn't want to do it. 2. She tries to find ways to slip out of doing homework. 3. She hopes someone else does the homework for her. 4. She just says she doesn't know. 5. She only knows how to copy 6. She struggles with grasping language/sound/alphabet

Doesn't really help that she doesn't have a healthy environment to grow in.
>>
Tell her you'll get her something that she wants like candy or toys or whatever if she does her homework/ gets good grades etc
>>
Kids are fickle creatures, but they are dreadfully stubborn. Always try and make suggestions instead of demands. It give them the illusion of choice and makes them more likely to do what you want.
>>
>>17852085
Then make her suck your dick if she doesn't yes?
>>
Brutal anal rape with a barbed wire wrapped Louisville Slugger should do the trick.
>>
>>17851523
Wait, you have to RAISE their daughter? Wow.
>>
Well she has a point. School is dreadful for kids nowadays and I'm sooo glad I graduated high school six years ago and I'm done with it forever

Sucks for kids nowadays though
>>
>>17852223
University is where it starts to get fun though lad
>>
>>17852085

OP here, I pretty much went to bed after no replies...

The only thing she cares about is playing on her parents phone/tablets to watch toy channels or whatever on youtube. Rewards don't entice her because she'll get them regardless from her parents/their other older daughters. Can't even take the tablet away because they end up giving it back to her.

>>17852087
I don't make demands, I try to encourage her and build her confidence that she can do it. Everyone else who tries to help her do her homework ends up doing it themselves/yelling at her.

>>17852108
Yeah, sucks senpai. Some people just shouldn't breed. The most selfish act is giving birth to someone imo.
>>
>>17851523
Honestly some kids are just late bloomers, being held back isn't the worst thing ever. You shouldn't try to rush her development.
>>
>>17852085
If you use the candy method, take a red vine and cut it into pieces and give her a segment for each question she answers. (Makes it more of a game)
Encourage her as a tutor, it's a difficult spot you're in considering you have bonded with her and she doesn't see you as a teacher. So try to leave all frustration out the door when she says shit like "I don't know" "I can't do it" "I'm not smart enough" and say "Haha, don't be silly! You can do it!!!"
Kids can sense frustration and anger and it makes them shut down, so keep it light airy and fun when you sit down to study and make sure it's a clean and open environment with no distractions (like the ipad you mentioned).
Give her no play time when she comes home from school until homework is finished and gently remind her that the ipad will be waiting for her when she is done.
It all boils down to you stepping in and being a parental figure that she is desperately lacking, she needs someone to give her guidelines and an actual schedule that could help her immensely in the long run.
>>
>>17852317

Never bonded with her and I don't get frustrated. I tell her I know she can do it and that she knows the answer (because she has said the correct answer, she just won't write it down on paper). If that doesn't work, I try to ask what she needs help with...but then it just ends up being "I don't know".

The distractions part becomes difficult because she will find anything to distract herself with. If she doesn't have anything to fiddle with, she would rather stare at a wall. Then, later in the evening/night when everyone is home, they end up distracting her with all their yelling and stuff.

I'll definitely try to set the schedule to homework as soon as she gets home from school depending on if I am available or not. I do need a clean + open environment for her to learn in (The house is messy/falling apart/hoarder status), I was thinking of taking her to a park, but that might distract her.

Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it btw.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.