[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a lot of friends but I can't call them real. When

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1479388703641.jpg (9KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479388703641.jpg
9KB, 221x228px
I have a lot of friends but I can't call them real. When I have problems with anything pretty much I don't feel like I can share with them, mostly because I know that even if they try they won't help me. I just feel really money and like I don't have anything to lean on. It feels weird and I don't know what to do...
>>
Find better friends
>>
>>17849327
Learn to rely on yourself for big things and it won't matter if your friends are nice or not. The whole point of having friends is to have people to hang out for lunch on the weekends.
>>
>>17849457
I have learned, but I don't like it like this
>>
>>17849470
I feel lonely, I just want to have one person to talk with about these things.
>>
>>17849494
fuck man, I know that feeling. I tried talking to my parents about my issues with heavy depression a couple of times and they broke down themselves, so I can't even discuss it with them anymore. I could certainly never do it with my friends. You just have to endure alone.
>>
>>17849505
If I try to talk with some of my friends about these problems they dont offer any useful help or brush of the problem and change the topic. This has been for a long time I just got used to being alone. But talking to yourself about your problems isn't really helpful, it's more depressing to be honest but you learn to cope with it..
>>
>>17849539
Yeah, people say friends are the kind of people that help you with these things but I've never had anyone like that. Maybe we just don't have real friends?
>>
>>17849554
Probably that. Fucked up when you think about it. Many friends, none real.
>>
>>17849562
Yep, I'm not sure how you get real friends though.
>>
>>17849588
It will be easier/better to get a girlfriend. She'll be invested in you and will be probably be willing to hear you out on pretty much anything. But I don't have a girlfriend because I am a picky faggot
>>
>>17849505
my parents just call me a faggot and a pussy and to get the fuck back to work
>>
>>17849663
Ignore them, unneeded negativity won't help you out
>>
>>17849327
I feel the same way with every friend I've made except for my childhood friends, who I haven't spoken with in years
>>
>>17849678
If you haven't talked with them for years then you probably won't be able to be such friends again. I've somewhat experienced this
>>
Past a college age friendship doesn't matter anymore. People have partners for serious talk and friends are a low priority relationship. Personally I still have a best friend who I disclose my problems to, however my therapist is my main sounding board for anything serious. I don't do this because I don't feel close to my friend but because it's not worth burdening him with problems he can't solve. If you're single age 22+ you better do something about or just get used to having no one really caring about you on a day to day basis.
>>
Bumo. Am interested because same situation. Good friends, but none I can share emotional pain with.
>>
Bump. I can relate
>>
>>17850316
I don't feel like I can talk with my parents about personal stuff
>>
change your definition of friends. If I cant share something emotional with them then they arent my friends.
most of them acquaintances, (subject)friends at best. I only have 1 friend and a girlfriend but I still feel lonely.
>>
>>17852716
You have 1 best friend. The difference between friend and best friend is huge.
>>
From what I've read in the thread it looks like you have an issue opening up to people in general.
>>
>>17852747
Its the only person with my gf I speak to regular basis with. all my other acquiantances I see only once a year or more if I'm doing something with them.

I dont see how having people who cannot make the effort to care about your emotional state are worth a lot of your time
>>
>>17852765
Yes, because most of the time the people won't help me at all, so I just don't open up, it's pointless
>>
>>17852769
Well I am forced to spend time with them due to school so imo it's better to be friends with them rather than to ignore them (making me an outsider).
>>
>>17852821
I don't ignore the people I'm forced to see in my daily routine I just don't go out of my way to do anything social with them.

If you want to get on an emotional level with them however you should see if they are intelligent enough for your liking and then open up to them when the context is right. Think something very stressful to you or another emotional event. Not being able to release your emotions is a valid problem too.

You just have to feel if the other person is on the same level as you, if not meet new people. This is a hard step to take though, as you're opening yourself up and it might make you feel weak.
>>
File: 14782025499980.png (123KB, 600x570px) Image search: [Google]
14782025499980.png
123KB, 600x570px
>>17852834
Well mostly because of them I go to parties, so cutting the social interaction with them isnt a good idea imo. I guess I just have to wait and meet new people. And till them I'll just keep my emotions to myself I suppose..
>>
>>17852868
I did the same. What really helped me was getting a gf. but aslong as you expose yourself to new people youre on the right track
>>
>>17852891
Well I am meeting new people pretty much constantly, so I just need to wait?
>>
>>17852891
omg you are trying to solve an issue by creating another issue. getting a gf is even harder. I've been trying since 15, I'm 25 now.
not OP here.
>>
>>17852950
Do you meet new people relatively frequently or go to parties
>>
File: output-file.webm (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
output-file.webm
2MB, 480x270px
>>17853001
I meet people on university, mostly men. In my class there are only men left. The only girl that started with us dropped a long time ago and she became lesbian (and she was not attractive at all). Just so you know how few girls are. Where I work, there are only men. I have the same problem as OP, friends are not close enough.
I don't go to parties because there are no parties. People don't make parties these days, they go clubbing. If it's someones birthday, they arrange a meeting at a night club they like and put their friend's names in the club's list. Like booking in the club. In a club, girls are not looking for dates.

See this video? I know it's an extreme case, but do you understand what I mean?

I friend told me a have to go to places where I can meet people with the same interests I have. Point is, girls, huge majority, don't do things I do. I just created a go kart group in meetup.com for the region I live in because of that friend, but I don't believe single girls will join in.
I've joined an university group where people ask for and offer rides to go and come from university, people from the same neighborhood. This could give me chance of meeting someone, in my own car. I always initiate conversation with girls in my car, specially when I'm very interested in them, it's my car and they are in defense mode. I always find out the ones I'm into already have a boyfriend or they are not looking for another one as they've just got out of a relationship.

I once enrolled in a course where, some students from arts were invited. Lots of new girls, 4 girls. 2 caught my attention but one was giving signals she was interested, the other girl never looked at me. I started talking to the first girl, we did the course's project together, when it was done she ghosted me, didn't want to see me and stop talking to me. I talked to the other girl, she invited me to go out with her friends. In the end I was watching her with her bf. She didn't tell me she had one.
>>
>>17853119
My mp4 to webm conversion didn't work for 4chan. Forget it, it's not important. Bunch of underaged sluts clubbing. Nothing illegal though.
>>
>>17853119
Imo, like in 4chan, you should lurk, by that I mean to cruise around night clubs (preferably one that aren't having birthday parties in which you can't get in ) and try to spot out girls. Based on what you've told me I think this may help you. You may try tinder but I don't think is really reliable
>>
>>17849554
>>17849562
Just be friends already come on
>>
>>17853224
By birthday parties I mean the club is still open, but when it gets full, only people with a name on the list gets in. Inside, there's no vip area or something. It's a normal club. It's just that there aren't parties where I can meet new people and try to know them better. We can't do that in a club. Can you? I can badly hear what people say.

Tried tinder. How can I choose a girl based only on looks. People don't write a profile on tinder. I selected a few girls anyway and got 1 match. The girls would respond once every 2 days. Too many guys for her, maybe.

See how this is another big problem. I also think all I need is a girlfriend but playing that game is a lot harder than making meeting new mates. Problem with that is people aren't willing to make deeper bounds. They don't accept your problems, they expect you to bring fun to them, not a long story of your life. There's no one to open up to.
>>
>>17853294
There always are people that will open up to you, you probably haven't met them. Keep looking you will find a girl or maybe she'll find you... Same goes for a best friend. We just need to keep looking :-[
>>
>>17852913
Yes, and when you've found someone try to open up on them.
>>17852950
>>17853119
You shouldn't try this hard to find love. Live your life without looking for women. I found my partner when I least expected it. I was a neet didnt went to parties just hung out with 1 friend and he introduced her to me. I wasn't interested in her at all but I wasnt a dick. just lived my life and didnt care what she thought of me or what would happen.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.