[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, physics major here (who's gonna fail heat and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/, physics major here (who's gonna fail heat and waves).

I've been looking into what I can do with a physics degree and my future seems bleak. It seems where all the money and jobs (I mainly care about the job aspect) are in engineering. I've also been looking for online resources to teach myself engineering skills so as to broaden my job opportunities.

This is going to be the end of my first semester, third year, so its too late to change anything...
I just wanted some advice on what I should do and on what to read on.
>>
Why are you only now looking into what you could do with your tens-of-thousands of dollars investment? Especially if you "mainly care about the job aspect"?

My only advice (and it's completely serious) is that you should consider suicide
>>
If you don't have the engineering degree, you're not going to be hired as a full engineer right off the bat unless you have the right connections.

You're probably going to start as a junior engineer, or something below that, which is a totally possible path with just about any degree.

Try to worry about your current studies, if you're not doing well at something, you don't need to veer off track to pursue some side stuff. Get through what you're going through and make yourself look the best you can. Figure out any kind of projects you can contribute to, and have your name as a part of, as that's going to be your ticket into employers thinking you have talent.
Employers train what they regard as talent. You'll work under regular engineers, senior engineers, and they'll teach you how to apply the skills you know to the job. You won't get the same pay as them for the first few years until you're a learned asset, but you didn't make a critical error or anything. Employers know that sometimes people just chose the wrong piece of paper to pursue.
>>
>>17849208
Learn Chinese. I just graduated in biochemistry and the only full-time jobs that responded to my applications were in China. I'm hoping to go there soon, fuck being NEET.
>>
>>17849270
well then...also, I just didn't really think/care about it that much. if anything college was more of a family pressure thing. but now that i see whats happening, well. i thought i'd try before i failed

>>17849325
i'm not giving up, i still want to do physics. i want to open up my possibilities. but next semester i'll definitely look into being more involved in school. I hope your right, only time can tell now...

>>17849408
i dont like china that much. but another language wont hurt i guess
currently i know
> spanish, english, italian, japanese (not weeb), and ~french
maybe china will respond to my stress call
>>
>>17849439
I should add that adding a picture of my white male face did wonders with my STEM applications in non-white countries, yet the same picture actually hurt my USA applications.
>>
>>17849458
hmm, well...i'm mexican in the US so...
>>
>>17849498
No joke. Learn to cross dress and apply as a Hispanic female at any company you want to work at. The diversity quotas are real anon.
>>
in most first world countries it is illegal to work as an engineer, without a degree in it. Has to do a lot with liability. You might want to consider picking up a minor in education and setting yourself up to teach high school.

Summers off and a decent retirement...its not terrible.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.