[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 3 years of experience in SAP functional consulting but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG-20161210-WA0033.jpg (29KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161210-WA0033.jpg
29KB, 960x960px
I have 3 years of experience in SAP functional consulting but now I'm thinking of shifting to data analytics considering the opportunities in that area. But this would mean that I must start my career from scratch and learn everything by myself. Any suggestions if I should continue with sap and move into sap analytics (but I'll be restricted to only one vendor)
>>
>>17848977
Interesting OP we study many different modules of SAP in school (BBA in Management Information Systems). As I'm still in school and a year from graduating my advice may not be worth much. I say go for it if its what you want to do. I don't blame you for wanting to get away from SAP.

Got any advice you'd like to share for those with similar paths as you?
>>
>>17848977
maybe check some job boards to see what kinds of jobs are posted ?

do a search & see how many job listings returned for SAP vs analytics ?

and why change anyway ? bored ? not enough $$ ?

maybe learn analytics on your own time, keeping current job and transfer or get some new tasks ?

and why now ? why not stay with SAP another few years and then change?
>>
>>17848988
>>
>>17848996
Bored & not enough $$. Now the market is saturated with sap consultants.
>>
>>17848988
Great! I'm doing Ms in MIS now.
If you are implementing something in sap, try to understand the business reason behind that. This will give you an edge. also, "you'll lose it if you don't use it" holds very true for sap.
>>
>>17849086
Thanks man, not sure if I want to go the SAP route though. I have an internship right now and we are using IFS. We have lots of downtime so I spend a lot of time learning SQL.

Our school lets us take the TERP-10 for pretty cheap though. Last year they had a 50% pass rate, think it's worth a shot?
>>
>>17849118
if you have work experience in SAP, nobody asks for a certificate. At least no product based company does. (However some SAP consulting firms have specific requirements on how many "Certified" consultants need to be assigned to a client's project. Only in those case, it would be useful. Also, almost all companies have their internal training programs where they refund the exam fee if you pass. If you really want to get certified, that would be a better alternative.
I don't know about IFS. However I know that learning SQL helps.You could probably learn Java too and get into Big-Data Path. Apart from SQL, if you get time, learn about ER modelling, normalization etc. That will make you a master of databases.
>>
>>17849118
may I know which university you are studying in?
>>
>>17849163
Oh yea we just covered that in my IS and Analysis class. We built a database, covered normalization, and the various forms of modeling. I'm thinking big data is the way to go as well.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.