[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haven't posted on this board before so I have no idea if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: stethoscope-on-book-560.jpg (41KB, 563x282px) Image search: [Google]
stethoscope-on-book-560.jpg
41KB, 563x282px
Haven't posted on this board before so I have no idea if it's even the right one to post in, but I just need someone to hear me out at least. I'm currently in med school and I just had a complete meltdown. I just thrashed my whole room for like 2 minutes straight. I don't know what to do anymore. Finals are coming up in 3 days and I am completely behind on every subject. It's not like I didn't study, no matter how much I studied it was never enough to keep up with the rest of the people. I only lived in Norway for about 2 years now and the language has been a huge barrier. I haven't managed to make a single friend in my university no matter how much I tried. The language has been the biggest barrier for both my social life and studies. I feel completely powerless to do anything about it and feel like I am pretty much doomed to fail this exam no matter how much I try. I have never felt this much self-loathing for myself nor have I ever felt this isolated from everyone else.
I don't expect anyone to come up with a solution to this, I just needed to write this somewhere or at least feel someone heard me. I'm honestly sorry if this was too depressing for this board, like I said I'm not sure what can be posted here
>>
Going to med school in a country where you are fluent in the language would be a great idea. Idk man, not much else I can tell you. What did you think would happen?

Also, if you don't plan on staying in Norway and practicing medicine and paying taxes in exchange for your subsidized or even free education you are a carpet bagger who deserves to fail.
>>
>>17848695
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!
>>
>>17848714
Wasn't my choice to study here. My parents moved here so I had to come with as a minor. They don't make that much money to send me abroad to study so this really was the best option. I got good grades in Norwegian highschool but the difficulty leap in language and how much I had to read was way too large. Just felt I was kinda doomed to screw up from the start. I plan on working and living here and am trying my hardest, just frustrated it's still not enough
>>
>>17848695
>I'm honestly sorry if this was too depressing for this board
You must be new here.

Well whatever happens don't just give up. Maybe you will just get lucky, sometimes it's all it takes.
>>
>>17848736
Well if that is the case maybe take a semester off to learn the language better. Just work in a place that only speaks norwegian, then go out to bars and practice norwegian there. Scandanavians are notoriously frigid, so I feel for you trying to make friends.
>>
>>17848695
what country are you from originally?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.