[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

being a stay at home mom, pro's: >time to look after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1470.jpg (52KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1470.jpg
52KB, 640x360px
being a stay at home mom,

pro's:
>time to look after yourself so you stay in shape and are mentally balanced which helps a lot in raising sane kids
>time to do more than just the bare minimum when it comes to chores, which will give the whole family a home instead of just a place to be
>time and nerves to actually raise your kids and teach them values and manners
>clearly separatet jobs. the husband isn't expected to come home and take out the trash or cook dinner. he has done his part of the deal and can now recover for the next day (it would be fair to make sure the mom has some free recovering time too, for example, when everyone is at school. but then there's now nagging about who does bedtime and such)
>time to maintain the families social circle (pay a visit to the grandma in the hospital or fetch something from the drugstore for the mother in law that has a fever).
>time to help your kids in their free time (housework, drive them to training and so on)

con's:
>you won't be able to get as far, careerwise, as peers that stayed in the workforce (neglectable in my eyes since you can still do reasonably well, because most people are lazy af anyways.)
>only one income
>you are dependant on your husband
>you might get looked down upon by working moms

am i missing something important?
>>
Fuck me I want to be a housewife and cook and clean for my husband. Thats the dream.
>>
>>17848554
My uncle's wife went schizophrenic after a few years of doing just that.
>>
>>17848554
What if the husband wants to cook? I love cooking and I'm really good at it. I'm sure I'd be better than my wife.

But then again, I don't make enough to support a stay at home mom right now... maybe in a few years.
>>
>>17848558
Your uncles wife is a weak bitch then.
>>17848559
Tandem cooking. Cook off's would be fun
>>
>>17848558
my bet is that she would have went insane anyways...

>>17848559
well, ofc there is room for individual arrangements. maybe one could also arrange that the wife is home a few days and the others, the husband is. or switch roles alltogether.
>>
>>17848569
i would suggest cozy cooking on the weekend. no stress, just enjoying it.
>>
>>17848533
>Pro's (excuses to use when getting fat)
Sure fat shit now you can get fat like the meme you are.
>>
>>17848572
Maybe, but doing nothing all day but watching two brats and living away from her family surely didn't help.
>>
As a stay-at-home mom, in the early years of childhood, you're not going to get nearly as much time to yourself as you imagine. The first few years are the hardest, where taking a shower feels like a hassle because you have so much other stuff to do. It gets better with time, but don't expect to be a perfect mom and wife and housekeeper early on.

Another possible con is the matter of your own transportation. Do you/will you live in an area where you need a second car to get around? Can you afford a second car? If not, are you in a place with good enough public transportation to be able to reach things like schools, doctors, and stores? The more of a public transportation commute you have, the harder it gets, because it adds time and you have to handle all the kids, stroller, equipment, and whatever else you need to bring on your own.

It would also be helpful for you to cultivate some sort of skill in case money gets tight and you need to work. The more easily you can get a job in case of emergency, the better off you will be if things get bad.
>>
File: 97d2ZSu.jpg (42KB, 604x450px) Image search: [Google]
97d2ZSu.jpg
42KB, 604x450px
>>17848559
sup Brian
>>
>>17848586
lol I don't know why that was so funny...

Gamescore is weak though. I haven't played 360 in like 4 years but I had like 40,000.
>>
>>17848533
My wife stays at home while I work, and we've always done it that way, even before we had the kids. She likes to be a homemaker and a socialite, and I like making money (plus three days is about the maximum I can spend at home before I start going crazy with cabin fever) so it just worked out really well for us.

As far as you pro's go, you're spot on, aside from possibly over-estimating how much free time you'll have. If you're spending more than an hour or two a day doing as you please, it's likley because you're neglecting something that you should have done.

As for the cons:
>you won't be able to get as far, career wise, as peers that stayed in the workforce
I couldn't have got as far in my career as I have without my wife. Marriage is a team effort, and you need to both specialize in what you're good at, not do a lackluster job doing a bit of everything.

>only one income
Related to the above. When we met, my wife was a cashier and I was an apprentice carpenter. Even at today's rates, if we still did that our combined income would be about £25k a year. As it is I'm a construction site manager, and my salary and benefits are worth a spit over £80k a year. One income is fine as long as you're prepared to put the effort in.

>you are dependent on your husband
That's a two way street.

>you might get looked down upon by working moms
Jealousy doesn't give them the right to judge you.
>>
>>17848554
Is nice to hear another woman saying that. My mom is a stay at home mom amd everything in my family is well so far. Is so comfy to come home from school and have a... home.
>>
>>17848533
I am preg with my first and want to be a stay at home mom so bad. I don't want other people raising my kid.
Kids do a lot better when they have one primary caregiver, plus I'm afraid of others over spoiling my kid into an entitled little shit.
I don't really care about "not getting far" in life or in a career because all I've ever wanted to do was raise children. I've worked in daycares and as a babysitter since early teenage hood so I believe being around children is my calling anyways.
My SO works but doesn't make enough as a dishwasher. Is there any trade he can learn and pick up in about 9 months? He wants to make more money but not sure how.
>>
>>17848533
All of this is valid for a stay at home dad too.
>>
>>17849951
Not really, don't be a beta.
>>
I'm not sure what's the point of this thread. If you feel like being a homemaker is what you want, OP, go for it. If you want to be a working mother, go for it. If you'd rather not be a mother at all, go for it. I have no idea why would you need to justify yourself if your partner is in agreement with your lifestyle choice.
>>
>>17849969
It's probably because a lot of modern women look down at home makers because they believe its a sexist role. I never understood this myself because someone has to raise kids right? For some reason slapping the title of babysitter or daycare superviser on someone who spends their waking life taking care of kids is less sexist than home maker.
>>
my mom is a teacher, which is definitely the best job for having children.

She worked part time, between when my brother was born, inbetween when my sister was born and when I was like 10yo, so 20 years in total. Then she switched back to full time and earns as much as my father, because she got a promotions afterwards.

You just need to find good ways to take care of the kids, then its possible.

That way in their lifetime my parents were able to invest heavily in housing and have enough money for their and their childrens pension, as well as really expensive education.
>>
>>17850042
How can you be a part time teacher? Do you mean a substitute ?
>>
>>17848533
You could get everything a housewife does done in an hour, the rest of the time is you becoming a fat piece of shit
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.