[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to graduate hs this year (I'm 18) and I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: vaporwave.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
vaporwave.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
I'm about to graduate hs this year (I'm 18) and I haven't really been happy lately. I've been finding myself thinking nihilistically a lot and many of the hobbies that I used to enjoy like video games or learning about programming have disappeared because I lost interest in gaming and realized that programming is not for me. I don't really know what else to do and other than hanging out with friends school is just really boring. On top of that, I haven't had a solid relationship in a while and I don't know how to meet girls outside of school. Any general advice would be really helpful.
>>
>>17846845
So why did you lose in interest in programming?
>>
>>17846845
It's like when you're a kid and you were obsessed with hot wheels or marbles or Pokemon or some shit and then you get bored. What did you do back then? Just stop playing with shit for the rest of your life, nah. You started playing halo or skateboarding or learning about guns sum shit

So you gotta just try some new shit you find faintest of interest in and play with it for a week. Rinse and repeat till you find your new shit
A lot comes with age. At 16 I played Dark souls like crack, at 18 video games bored me the fuck out. I was bored for a bit just listening to music or some other shit to past the time until I stumbled across gambling websites. I got obsessed with poker so now I do that shit and make some money with it

Tl;dr try something new for a week
>>
>>17846860
I lost interest because I took a class and realized I wasn't good at it and I didn't enjoy it
>>
>>17846915
Oh, I see. My SO teaches programming. I'm going to learn it and I'm not programming-inclined but they are such a good teacher that I am willing to give it a go. Are you sure it was you and not the teacher? I've heard horror stories from other people my SO works with and I don't know how some students made it through the class at all.

But if you really don't enjoy it and are definitely not going to pursue it then what are some other hobbies or subjects that you enjoy? What do you enjoy doing with your friends?
>>
>>17846942
I don't have many hobbies right now. At school, I enjoy government and debate class. With my friends we just hang out, talk, and play board games occasionally.
>>
>>17846955
Would you ever consider being a lawyer? Do you have a good head for memorization and making good arguments?
>>
>>17846967
Yeah, but I don't think I would actually enjoy the job, especially since most of it is paperwork.
>>
File: 1481515764721.png (60KB, 226x237px) Image search: [Google]
1481515764721.png
60KB, 226x237px
>>17846915
>I wasn't good at it and I didn't enjoy it

You didn't enjoy it because you weren't good at it most likely. You weren't good at it because you didn't practice or commit.

As far as not being interested in gaming, I'm in the same boat. I could play Fallout 3 for 12 hours straight and have fun. Now I can't play games without getting bored after two hours. I play HS, CSGO, and Overwatch for like an hour or 2, but I'd honestly rather just listen to music and shitpost. This is probably a good thing since committing yourself to video games will get you nowhere, or simply drain your life away.

It's just a sign of growing up since it seems (is) pointless. It can also be a sign of early depression. I'd say give programming another shot. If it's really not your cup of tea, do other shit i.e shooting, cars, working out, cooking, travel, whatever interests you. Most of us go through this "nothing interests me" phase

For meeting chicks outside of school, volunteer at places, join clubs, get different jobs, etc. Just make new friends. But then again, school is a great place to meet girls anyways.
>>
>>17846845
Congratulations! You are officially normal!

Everything you describe is the normal sane response to being 18, to ending one big chapter in your life (HS) and of anticipating the next (Uni).

Relax. Cut yourself some slack.
>>
>>17846845
>normie complaining about his normal life
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
You won't feel real depression until you feel forced to do something you were supposed to enjoy.
t. CE student
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.