[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Due to my low GPA I wouldn't be able to get into a decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Due to my low GPA I wouldn't be able to get into a decent university. Now some people in /pol/ have told me that going to the military is a good choice for me, they told me that if I spend 3 years no university will refuse the GI bill money and I can get a degree and be debt free.

What do you guys think? Is /pol/ right?
>>
Btw I have a 48 foot penis.
>>
>>17846757
I mean if you can handle it you can set yourself up nicely in the military. There's pros and cons of course. If you have nothing else going on for you it can be a great head start. Try to find some field career wise in the military that you could see yourself doing in the civilian world. That experience plus being a vet puts you ahead of most people in said field.

Also, never take advice from /pol/.
>>
>>17846757
>/pol/

no. As far as I know, it's even in doubt now if the GI Bill benefits will be given out. Which branch gives you a 3 year contract? But that's not important - do you want to go to the military just as a way to college? Why do you want to go to university?
>>
File: 1480733077157-pol.jpg (62KB, 927x457px) Image search: [Google]
1480733077157-pol.jpg
62KB, 927x457px
>>17846757
/pol/ is always right.

Go air force. It's the easiest and has the best duty stations.
>>
>>17846782
>Why do you want to go to university?

because I don't want to go to a community college.

>do you want to go to the military just as a way to college?

And citizenship too.
>>
>>17846792
>I don't want to go to community college
Literally why?
>>
>>17846853
I want to be a doctor.
>>
Anon What is your gpa? Are you giving up to easy?
>>
>>17846857
If your GPA is low it's already to late. Not even trolling, you should of been working towards being a doctor in 9th grade. Pick something else
>>
>>17846857
>>17846876

yeah if your GPA is low it's not like studying medicine will boost it. You'll just end up dropping out after a really tough semester.
>>
>>17846857
If you want to get into a good uni to be a doctor and you have the mental capabilities to be one (pass) then go to a 2-year community college and then go transfer into a good one.
>>
>>17846757
Oldfag and /pol/ lurker.

Pol IS right.

First: depend on what branch you get into, you have a job for as long as you're enlisted. That stability is pretty damn good .

Second: you'll actually learn discipline and a skillset. I'd you're wanting to be a doctor, then see if you can get medic training. I suggest you set your goals a little more....realisticaly. paramedic or nurse will be a good stepping stone

Third: airforce is good in you're trying to avoid the front lines. Try to get stationed in San Antonio at military personnel command at Randolph AFB. That's the logistics and personal division.

Fourth: cc vs uni. Do 2 years at your local CC and then finish up at the uni.

Conversely, stay in longterm, take night courses, buck for officer, go career, and get out after 20+ years. Your retirement package will be wOrth it
>>
>>17846857
You really need to start thinking of something else, and seriously don't become a nurse. You'll always think "I'm helping people" but in reality you're the underpaid loser in scrubs working 60 hour weeks. It's demeaning work and no one should ever stoop to that level

Go to community college
Get your associates in a field that interests you
Get hired entry level
Work your way into life.
>>
>>17846757
the military is a trap, mate

The pay is shit, you're risking your life for someone else's paycheck, and it's some of the most strenuous work there is.

Just get into business or become a chef or something. The military is heavily advertised because they know that young men think that their only options are to succeed in school or join the military. They're predators. Don't fall for it.
>>
File: pinecone.jpg (223KB, 1500x1356px) Image search: [Google]
pinecone.jpg
223KB, 1500x1356px
Bad Idea. I am an army veteran. If you are to join anything at least do the air force. BE PREPARED for the following consequences:

>Physical health down the toilet even at your age
>Mental health down the toilet
>Blamed for things others do, but you will potentially get a bad record for over even in the civvie world once you are out (someone drinks and drives and your sergeant is a cocksucker so he gives you UCMJ for it)
>Honorable discharge are hard to come by (I got one but only cuz the Army fucked me up)
>I do not care what your recruiter says, half the shit is not true
>College is good until you get deployed to the middle of Dirka Dirka Stan
>You will lose all trust in others
>Most of the stuff the military does is, in reality, not cool at all, and is actually lame. This includes doing safety and sexual harassment briefs and literally sweeping sidewalks
>You are a slave

I am an actual veteran. I have an honorable discharge too. I know my shit. Ask me anything.
>>
>>17846757
desu OP going into the military is fine, but you need to have an idea of what you want to do when you get out.

You can't just go into the military just to go into the military. It isn't there to buy time and can, depending on your desired career, fuck you over as the time spent in boot camp will appear less valuable than some other's persons time spent elsewhere. Moreover, many recruiters will not like military applicants for whatever reason.

An alternative option would be to go for a trade school or go to community college. If your dream is to just be a system engineer, mechanic, electrician, or policeman/fireman then being in the military is not a good strategy.

Community college is most likely easier than your high school, so you can go try-hard for 2 years and have a better GPA. Then you get to only pay for 2 years of college and can get your degree that way.

Think of it this way OP: you get a job because it is a way to earn money and savings for retirement. You go to uni to get into a better first job, so you have loads more money and more savings for retirement. The military is a back door into uni, but it comes at a cost: your time. The time spent in boot camp and then deployment needs to have a higher value than going into community college or trade school or else you just wanted your time.
>>
>>17846857
bro you realize that you can transfer to a real university after 2 years. You won't have to get an AA degree and be screwed for life.

Look OP if you fucked up high school then you gotta bite the bullet and get good grades for 2 years at a CC. Only then can you transfer to a good college.
>>
>>17847116
Sorry you had a hard time vet-anon. I'm an oldfag. Father was career military, retired full bird col. We lived all over. He was a base commander in desert shield and desert storm. Sounds to me like the quality of life I felt was synonymous with military life isn't what it use to be anymore :(

For what it's worth, thank you for serving and keeping cranky civillian fucks like me safe. Would buy drinks if you lived in tampa fl
>>
>>17847116
this desu
i have permanent damage to my body from the army, as well as terrible memories of all the SHARP briefings and yes, literal slavery
>>
>>17846757
OP the minimum time to serve is 6 years.
>>
>>17846757
You can always go to community college, it's much much easier than high school. You just gotta show the professor that you genuinely care about doing the work and have good intentions.

Also, in order to think about what you should do in the future (perhaps not necesarily what you want to do) think about your interests and what you're talented in and try to find where they intersect. That's advice from my neighbor.
If I were to redo things, I would go for a finance major. You can get into real estate and earn neet bucks in the future. Jesus bless
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.